JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Green Smoothies

No, not yet however I'm willing to experiment.

What is your recipe?

No, not yet however I'm willing to experiment.

What is your recipe?

Green Apple

Celery

Spinach or Kale

Ginger

Half of a grapefruit

Turmeric

Stevia (sweetener) optional

Cinnamon

10 ice cubes

thats an energy blaster!

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

We only have a juicer but the juice looks similar to that. We try to always have dark greens and enough fruit and carrots to sweeten the taste. lol

I like the vitamix blender, because you can put the entire whole fruit into this beast of a machine. Juicing..well you don't get the benefit of the fiber which has a tremendous amount of benefits. What type of juicer do you have?

Growth Demands Change!

I've tried a couple recently, because I really wanted to try juicing, but I only drank a small amount!  Couldn't take it!  :(

you have to experiment with the recipes. Maybe for you 70 percent fruits and 30% veggies for starters, then when you've adjusted to that you can then manipulate the ratio according to your taste.

Growth Demands Change!

Never a veggie person, I beagn juicing this past spring. Absolutely love it!  It has helped me feel more alert and curb my craving for sweets.

I don't feel as well, if I skip a day. It definitely should be tried at least once.  :yes:

Psalms 51:6 "In the secret self...may you cause me to know sheer wisdom"

I like the vitamix blender, because you can put the entire whole fruit into this beast of a machine. Juicing..well you don't get the benefit of the fiber which has a tremendous amount of benefits. What type of juicer do you have?

I have an Omega Masticating juicer. I need to get as many vitamins naturally into my system as I can to help my body out after a head on collision and 12 surgeries later. it has helped me to walk this past year and has cut down on my body shakes due to nerve damage. I am hoping to eventually it will help me with my insides since they still don't work very well due to the nerve damage and surgeries. 

We juice a lot of veggies and fruits at one time and drink at least 2-3 pints full a day. 

Before we started I couldn't even go to the meetings and sit. I then had a zero gravity chair at the meetings to help my breathing and my arms and legs not to go numb and then shake. From there I have been able to sit half way through a meeting in a regular chair but have to leave due to my legs and my right arm going numb and my shaking being severe when trying to walk and leave. 

Now I can sit thru 3/4 of a meeting and sometimes all the meeting, when my right leg goes numb and pain shoots down both my legs then we leave before the shaking starts so we have made tremendous progress with the juicing. 

My husband was a diabetic and had high blood pressure with high cholesterol, he was also had a heart rate that would speed out of control. All of these things he was on medication for. 

Now he is only on meds for his heart and high blood pressure. He is no longer considered a diabetic and when his blood pressure goes up then we just have to juice more and he has to take his herbs for it and it goes down. 

That is truly magnificent!!

I would recommend the movie " Fat sick and almost dead" the video is on YouTube

It chronicles the journey of a sick man and his final attempt at reclaiming his health. I believe he went on a 90 or 60 day of fruit mainly green apples and green vegetables. His results: nothing short of miraculous. And the results makes perfect sense, everything he consumed was in its natural form and untampered with by man Made by Jehovah.

Growth Demands Change!

I have an Omega Masticating juicer. I need to get as many vitamins naturally into my system as I can to help my body out after a head on collision and 12 surgeries later. it has helped me to walk this past year and has cut down on my body shakes due to nerve damage. I am hoping to eventually it will help me with my insides since they still don't work very well due to the nerve damage and surgeries. 

We juice a lot of veggies and fruits at one time and drink at least 2-3 pints full a day. 

Before we started I couldn't even go to the meetings and sit. I then had a zero gravity chair at the meetings to help my breathing and my arms and legs not to go numb and then shake. From there I have been able to sit half way through a meeting in a regular chair but have to leave due to my legs and my right arm going numb and my shaking being severe when trying to walk and leave. 

Now I can sit thru 3/4 of a meeting and sometimes all the meeting, when my right leg goes numb and pain shoots down both my legs then we leave before the shaking starts so we have made tremendous progress with the juicing. 

My husband was a diabetic and had high blood pressure with high cholesterol, he was also had a heart rate that would speed out of control. All of these things he was on medication for. 

Now he is only on meds for his heart and high blood pressure. He is no longer considered a diabetic and when his blood pressure goes up then we just have to juice more and he has to take his herbs for it and it goes down.

nice juicer, does this juicer emulsifiy the whole fruit and vegetables Or does it just extract the juice?

post-159-0-37422500-1443048406_thumb.jpe

Growth Demands Change!

nice juicer, does this juicer emulsifiy the whole fruit and vegetables Or does it just extract the juice?

Hi Dawn Marie   :wave:  Thanks for sharing your recipe with us all.

Great subject, The Omega 8000 series, a slow (80 rpm ) masticating juicer,  is designed primarily  to mimic our own digestive enzyme chewing process. The Omega juicer completely separates the fiber from the extracted juice, and the slow masticating preserves the much needed enzymes.

Blending tastes great, and with good results, but slow masticating juicers take it to the next level, especially for those that have life-threatening diseases. Dr. Gerson pioneered the use of cold pressed juice back in the 50's with excellent results. Ann Wigmore in the 60's pioneered the use of slow-masticating juicers along with wheat grass and raw enzyme/phytonutrient  rich sprouts and raw foods.

Progressively Dr. Brian and Ann Marie Clement the directors of Hippocrates Institute have a you tube channel explaining in detail the benefits of Juicing versus blending, and the importance of high fiber in the foods that we eat.  :toothbrush:

Hope this helps...

Thanks, buddy,,long time no see.

Yesterday I jokingly commented to a friend...that we need to improve our health IF we can, we are going to need all the help we can to get through the GT. :-). It's just a joke...I know Jehovah will protect us..but it couldn't hurt.

Growth Demands Change!

Thanks, buddy,,long time no see.

Yesterday I jokingly commented to a friend...that we need to improve our health IF we can, we are going to need all the help we can to get through the GT. :-). It's just a joke...I know Jehovah will protect us..but it couldn't hurt.

Marning, how tings?   :sunshine:  We missed you D... so glad to see you and hear that you are juicing/blending. Last time we were down in the islands, went to Starfish Market looking for Josephines greens, is your brother in law still working there ?  

Here is a fav site that compares all of the different types of juicers. John's videos show the ease and complications of assembly, cleaning, warranties and compatibility of specific fruits, vegetables and pasta attachments. Discountjuicers.com   

What are Josephine greens?.....and I can tell you need to work on your accent :-). Haha

Josephine is a botanical engineer transplant from Malaysia producing fresh organic greens and herbs to top notch restaurants in Bordeauxrico (STT) and on STJ.

Hit and miss at times on the islands to find next day farm fresh produce. They have a large nursery over in Coral Bay. and nice large display at Starfish, get there early, she sells out quickly.    :cry:  

That is truly magnificent!!

I would recommend the movie " Fat sick and almost dead" the video is on YouTube

It chronicles the journey of a sick man and his final attempt at reclaiming his health. I believe he went on a 90 or 60 day of fruit mainly green apples and green vegetables. His results: nothing short of miraculous. And the results makes perfect sense, everything he consumed was in its natural form and untampered with by man Made by Jehovah.

This the movie that made we want to try juicing!

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

I'm not sure how to pose the link--this is the interview, the movie is very good.

Thanks for the Movie!

Did you ever see the movie called Super Juice Me!?

I will try and find the link, but in a nutshell this man started juicing veggies and fruits for himself and his mother with stage 4 cancer but she died before he got totally into it. 

So he started this place where he took several people who were on all kinds of meds and for 30 days they lived on juice. They filmed every day of what the people went through and at the end of the 30 days most the people lost a considerable amount of weight and they also either went off all their meds or reduced their meds down to just a few. It is amazing to watch and they put the good and the bad and the ugly in it.