JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Green Smoothies

Just got back I from my meeting and attempted to make a soup version of the green smoothie.

Anyon have recipe for a good soup.?

Looks good. Except for the ostrich egg...     :sick:

we'll...the price of eggs of chicken is equally costly at this time :-)

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

Experimented and came up with this delicious simple dessert.

Ingredients:

Apple

Little piece of Beet for color

Small piece of ginger

Lemon

Blend all ingredients together with 1/3 cup of water and pour over diced Apple mix togather.

Sweeten itch desired sweetener if you desire.

post-159-0-54798000-1443416605_thumb.jpe

post-159-0-63540600-1443416621_thumb.jpe

post-159-0-96884800-1443416651_thumb.jpe

Growth Demands Change!

Excellent book and a good read.. well researched. The authors went on to produce the documentary Forks over knives.

this was also very good, not ready to give up animal products altogether, but I'm happy doing 60 to 70% plant base diet.

Growth Demands Change!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We're thinking to get a juicer. Our options are rather limited. Does a higher wattage mean it extracts better? Any thing else we should take into consideration?

These are basically our choices:

http://www.coppel.com/hogar/electrodomesticos/extractores/?numciudad=4

I've just ordered a juicer. There are two types, centrifugal and cold pressed. The centrifugal ones use a blade to extract the juice and are quicker. The cold pressed is a bit slower, and you may have to chop your veg up a big. But from reading about it the consensus seems to be that the centrifugal ones are more likely to destroy nutrients and are trickier to clean.

I'm guessing the higher wattage ones spin faster...but that doesnt necessarily seem to be a good thing. it's worth looking on YouTube at the different results from different juicers.

The other thing is its best to juice mainly veg, with maybe a little fruit to sweeten. People fall in to the trap of eating too much fruit sugar via juices.

I have ordered this one

http://www.tesco.com/direct/electriq-premium-cold-pressed-vertical-slow-juicer-and-smoothie-maker-bpa-free/496-7517.prd?skuId=496-7517&pageLevel=sku&sc_cmp=ppc_sh-_-sh-_-bg-_-496-7517&gclid=CJCF06SZl8oCFQefGwodaxIIAg&gclsrc=aw.ds

I hope it's ok, as it is very cheap! I didn't want to spend loads, I've already got a fancy blender so didn't think I could justify spending too much on this :)

Edited by Peanuts

DawnMarie I love your visuals and your beautiful skin...what are you no more than 22...25 years old. I love smoothies but the greeness of it all stands in my way of healthy. Plus there's that love/hate relation I have with kale.

I do LOVE:

plain greek yogurt

avocado

lemon juice

honey

kale

green apple

OR

unsweetened almond milk

berries

cinnamon or turmeric or cardamom

kale

ground flax

These are so good, sometimes I think I'm cheating and man I can't wait to taste all the delicious foods in the New World.  :drool: 

Has anyone made bone broth, I would like to try a a batch this winter.

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Old said:

GREEN SMOOTHIES

Does the title of this topic make anyone squeamish besides me?

It reminds me of the green smoothies I get out of the end of the garden hose on a hot summer day. I can't help gagging thinking about it. :wave:

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

green smoothies? smacks of vegetables to me. in my quest to eat healthier than I had in the past, green smoothies help me to sock away vegetables, w/o a moments hesitation. I'm finding that if I eat something fresh, that it does make me feel like I am on the right track.

one of my favorites is broccoli, celery, yogurt, and orange juice. I do keep a bag of frozen fruit in the freezer to break up the monotony.

On 2/5/2016 at 8:47 AM, Precision said:

Lettuce eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we shall diet !  Like a German vegetarian  "I fear the wurst"  :wink:

Ahhh...a sour kraut....:lol:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D