JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Make audio files from JW Broadcasting videos

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3129 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Hi Friends,

The JW Library app has made it possible to watch each episode wherever we are, even when we don't have an internet connection. But some of us might be interested in listening to these programs at times when we can't watch them.

That might include while we're driving, exercising, or other times when we don't want to focus on a screen or drain our battery by having the screen on.

Some of us would also like audio versions of the Music Videos available on the site. And it's possible!

I wrote this article, we'll show you how to download audio versions of any videos on JW Broadcast.

http://appchasers.com/2015/09/24/how-to-make-and-save-audio-files-from-jw-broadcasting-videos/

Take a look and let me know if you have any questions :)

My wife enjoys listening to the broadcasts on her MP3 player. To convert the downloaded MP4 video files to MP3 files I use this method using our Windows 7 laptop: I simply load a MP4 into the free VLC media player application - currently running version 2.2.1 - and convert it to MP3.

Start up VLC media player and use this keyboard shortcut: Ctrl+R. A dialog-box pops up. Click the Add... button and select the MP4 file you wish to convert. Then click the down arrow on the Convert/Save Button. Select the Convert option on the drop-down menu. The Convert box appears. Click the down arrow on the Profile selection button and choose Audio-MP3. Now browse for a destination and choose a name for the MP3 file and click the Start button. Wait until the conversion process is complete and you have your new audio file ready to load onto your MP3 player.

Or you can edit this MP3 file using the free Audacity application if you wish to do so.

My wife enjoys listening to the broadcasts on her MP3 player. To convert the downloaded MP4 video files to MP3 files I use this method using our Windows 7 laptop: I simply load a MP4 into the free VLC media player application - currently running version 2.2.1 - and convert it to MP3.

Start up VLC media player and use this keyboard shortcut: Ctrl+R. A dialog-box pops up. Click the Add... button and select the MP4 file you wish to convert. Then click the down arrow on the Convert/Save Button. Select the Convert option on the drop-down menu. The Convert box appears. Click the down arrow on the Profile selection button and choose Audio-MP3. Now browse for a destination and choose a name for the MP3 file and click the Start button. Wait until the conversion process is complete and you have your new audio file ready to load onto your MP3 player.

Or you can edit this MP3 file using the free Audacity application if you wish to do so.

Woww! I use VLC all the time and I'm constantly learning something new about it. You just taught me something! Thank you! :thumbsup:

Great suggestions everyone! Since many of us have gone completely mobile, my workflow focuses on doing everything with your iOS device without the need of a computer.

Speaking of that, and to expand upon my original post, now you can turn kingdom melodies and the music videos into ringtones right on your iPhone.

Here's how: http://appchasers.com/2015/09/30/make-iphone-ringtones-from-jw-org-kingdom-songs-and-jw-broadcast-music-videos/