JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Question for those who use tablets

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3108 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I am considering getting a larger tablet and giving my mom the one I am currently using. I've noticed people taking notes at conventions with the bluetooth keyboards. That looks like something I might like.  How many of you use this and do you like it? 

I have an Asus T100 which is an hybrid pc-tablet. On the meeting I just use the tablet part. It seems awkward to me typing on the seat... If I need to type something I just use the on screen keyboard

if you're buying try one of the Samsung note series, or Microsoft surface or asus vivo tab or any other that has an active stylus. It will allow to jot notes as if using paper

I have an Asus T100 which is an hybrid pc-tablet. On the meeting I just use the tablet part. It seems awkward to me typing on the seat... If I need to type something I just use the on screen keyboard

if you're buying try one of the Samsung note series, or Microsoft surface or asus vivo tab or any other that has an active stylus. It will allow to jot notes as if using paper

That's the brand I'd get....Samsung.  I've currently got a Tab (3 I think?) in the 8.0 size and my son has a Tab 4 (10.1 size)  That's what I want to get.  Not sure how the Tabs compare to the Notes?

I use a Bluetooth keyboard with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and have been doing so for several years. I type much more quickly than i can write, so that was the overall appeal. It works very well for me, and I really like the fact that my notes are completely typed up at the conclusion of the session (vs. having type up my handwritten notes after I get home). Admittedly, the Bluetooth keyboard isn't as "comfortable" as a fullsize keyboard, but it's something I've gotten used to over time and my speed has picked up the more I use it.

I use a Bluetooth keyboard with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and have been doing so for several years. I type much more quickly than i can write, so that was the overall appeal. It works very well for me, and I really like the fact that my notes are completely typed up at the conclusion of the session (vs. having type up my handwritten notes after I get home). Admittedly, the Bluetooth keyboard isn't as "comfortable" as a fullsize keyboard, but it's something I've gotten used to over time and my speed has picked up the more I use it.

That's what I figured too....that'd it just take me some time to get use to the smaller size.  Do you use a lap board or anything? Or just set it on your lap when you type?

I've done the same as Brother Travis, I love my bluetooth keyboard as typing is what I do professionally and so I'm uber slow on the given keyboard. At the conventions I got a plastic black tray with those white beans you have in bean bags and have that resting on my knees and I've used velcro to keep my tablet attached during the sessions. So it's a mini desk and very comfortable and I just type the talks as they speak and save them - it goes into my brain better too, and my wrists don't get sore like they do when I write. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

I have a Note 8.0 Tablet..also a Note 3 phone..I end up using my phone most of the time, and for letters read at the meeting, I record it..also special talks, etc...The split screen works great too, and with a pink wallet case outfitted with a glued on piece of scoot on the inside,it stands up in landscape on the arm of my lazyboy chair!post-2322-0-66632600-1444003838_thumb.pn

Edited by SUNRAY

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

My daughter has the Note with the Stylus - she loves it and uses it all the time.

I have a BT Keyboard - I really like the way it works. It does not have to be fastened to the tablet, I can set the tablet in an empty chair, if needed, and still type. However, I cannot type all that well, so I do not use it for taking notes.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I have mini ipad, and a Zagg key board. At first glance, it looks like a little computer. Sturdy. My last one cracked. Not this one. Very sturdy. It adds to the weight, but I don't care. It connects or not. I can disconnect it and put it at any angle, even flat. I love it. For service, I put it so it is flat. Always open, and set to do what I want. Not connected to internet, so you just have to make sure it is downloaded before the fact!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I'm using a Nexus 10 with a Bluetooth keyboard/case (all-in-one). i recently bought a Universal Android Kensington Keyfoilio Pro 2 and I love it! My tablet connects to the case and it's like I have a little laptop on my lap while I take notes. I can take notes almost as fast as the speaker speaks! I wouldn't have it any other way! Plus the keyboard is removable if I want to use it with my phone! I've had other keyboard cases but not all the buttons work with Android tablets, but this one does and it doesn't feel too tiny, it's almost like using a full size keyboard even though it fits neatly on your lap.

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I have mini ipad, and a Zagg key board. At first glance, it looks like a little computer. Sturdy. My last one cracked. Not this one. Very sturdy. It adds to the weight, but I don't care. It connects or not. I can disconnect it and put it at any angle, even flat. I love it. For service, I put it so it is flat. Always open, and set to do what I want. Not connected to internet, so you just have to make sure it is downloaded before the fact!

I have one too, just l e it

Interesting chat with one of the elders today, about the use of electronics at the meetings. You almost get the feeling that the Society is encouraging us to all embrace the use of tablets, or android phones.They really have become very useful.

The beginning of the Internet was so the armed forces could communicate and share pages of whatever was needed. Do you think that might have some bearing on our communicationsite in the near future?

The beginning of the Internet was so the armed forces could communicate and share pages of whatever was needed. Do you think that might have some bearing on our communicationsite in the near future?

What do you mean?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I use a tablet, but I am still taking notes the old fashioned way - pen & paper.

Jerry, if you type well (which I'm sure you do) you are missing out on the note-taking department! For those who can type you can take twice/ to three times as good notes! I will say that whoever I sit next to or behind, I always tell them I take notes with a keyboard and there is a "light clicking noise" and i ask if it will bother them. So far, for the last three years, no one has had a problem with it, except one elder in my congregation who was sitting way behind me and saw me typing. He felt since I was sitting behind the CO that it was a problem, but he didn't know I talked to the CO and his wife before the meeting about it.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

That's the brand I'd get....Samsung.  I've currently got a Tab (3 I think?) in the 8.0 size and my son has a Tab 4 (10.1 size)  That's what I want to get.  Not sure how the Tabs compare to the Notes?

The main difference is the pen. Just go to a store where one of this tab's are in exhibition an try it out. 

My wife has a Note 8 and she writes there just as like writing in a paper note-taker

The 10.1 variant has more screen space but is also less portable and more expensive

In previous models of samsung the tab's with pen all have the "note" in the name but the newer ones don't. For example the "TAB A with pen" - But don't advice this one - really bad specs for the price!

Use an iPad. I use an iPad Air 2 its got bigger screen than many of the ones out there plus with the recent upgrade to ios 9.0.2, the new Notes app makes writing a breeze esp with a 3rd party stylus (its cheap).

paradise.eternity.glory

Use an iPad. I use an iPad Air 2 its got bigger screen than many of the ones out there plus with the recent upgrade to ios 9.0.2, the new Notes app makes writing a breeze esp with a 3rd party stylus (its cheap).

Not trying to boast an ios vs android war :)

But that sentence bigger screen is invalid, lol.... There are bigger screens and smaller screens on any platform

You could say it has 4:3 aspect ratio which is great for reading magazines while others have 16:9 which is great for videos... But that variation exists on the Android world, the ios is 4:3 for everyone

The note-taking as good as it is can't compare to an active stylus. Only the new iPad pro had this feature, apparently very good... Can't say the same for the price though ;)

Enviado do meu 6045K através de Tapatalk