JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Daily Bacon

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 488 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hate to be a party pooper but it kind of bothers me that this topic is pinned because I think it's common  knowledge that eating processed meat everyday is not good for you... especially pork.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

1 hour ago, Brother Jack said:

I hate to be a party pooper but it kind of bothers me that this topic is pinned because I think it's common  knowledge that eating processed meat everyday is not good for you... especially pork.

Which WT did you read that in???

:uhhuh:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

24 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Which WT did you read that in???

:uhhuh:

Lol. Come on bro, it's common knowledge.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

2 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

Lol. Come on bro, it's common knowledge.

Did you read the first post in this thread?

:D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Common knowledge that BACON is good for you? I agree!

:thumbsup:

https://bacontoday.com/top-10-reasons-bacon-is-actually-healthy-for-you/

OK, well, the extremely biased opinions of the various “beef boards, fish factions, and chicken coalitions” have had their free reign for the last 50 years, so I think it’s finally time to hear what the actual doctors, nutritionists, University studies and medical tests have to say on the matter of bacon’s nutritional benefits to our health.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

1 hour ago, Brother Jack said:

Unless a person is anointed ...then I suppose does not matter  :lol1:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Just now, Tortuga said:

Did you read the first post in this thread?

Yes, I read that when I first saw the thread months ago. Even if there are people over 100 eating bacon everyday, that's not good for anybody. I don't disagree with the thread. It's a news story. What I do disagree with is it being pinned because to me, by doing that, your encouraging it.

Just now, Brother Jack said:

Yes, I read that when I first saw the thread months ago. Even if there are people over 100 eating bacon everyday, that's not good for anybody. I don't disagree with the thread. It's a news story. What I do disagree with is it being pinned because to me, by doing that, your encouraging it.

No....we are just having fun with it. 

Here is a list of the Top 10 Reasons why bacon is actually healthy for you!

#1 Pork-Powered Protein: The protein found in bacon is extremely valuable to maintaining our energy levels and a fully functioning, healthy body, with a minimum of those nasty, waist, thigh and butt expanding, fat-building carbohydrates.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

1 minute ago, trottigy said:

Here is a list of the Top 10 Reasons why bacon is actually healthy for you!

#1 Pork-Powered Protein: The protein found in bacon is extremely valuable to maintaining our energy levels and a fully functioning, healthy body, with a minimum of those nasty, waist, thigh and butt expanding, fat-building carbohydrates.

Are you kidding me? Seriously I have to go shopping! :lol1:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

5 minutes ago, trottigy said:

Common knowledge that BACON is good for you? I agree!

:thumbsup:

https://bacontoday.com/top-10-reasons-bacon-is-actually-healthy-for-you/

OK, well, the extremely biased opinions of the various “beef boards, fish factions, and chicken coalitions” have had their free reign for the last 50 years, so I think it’s finally time to hear what the actual doctors, nutritionists, University studies and medical tests have to say on the matter of bacon’s nutritional benefits to our health.

I do agree that eating bacon can be good for you in certain ways but eating it everyday is not. My grand mother had high blood pressure and heart disease or failure and ate bacon everyday. Her doctor and my family told her to stop but she wouldn't listen. She didn't live much longer after that. I take this kind of stuff seriously. That information in that link is biased because the whole website is dedicated to bacon. If you do just a little research, you'll see that eating it everyday is not good. You may find some biased sources saying it's healthy but it is not.

1 minute ago, Gregexplore said:

Are you kidding me? Seriously I have to go shopping! :lol1:

I forget, are eggs good for you or bad for you? I think the researchers have flipped on that issue...

Is beer good for or bad for you? That question keeps me hopping...

Is bacon good for you or bad for you? No matter how you slice it, we just don't know...

1 minute ago, Tortuga said:

I forget, are eggs good for you or bad for you? I think the researchers have flipped on that issue...

Is beer good for or bad for you? That question keeps me hopping...

Is bacon good for you or bad for you? No matter how you slice it, we just don't know...

I will settle on turtle soup then ....ooops! :oops:

1 minute ago, Brother Jack said:

I do agree that eating bacon can be good for you in certain ways but eating it everyday is not. My grand mother had high blood pressure and heart disease or failure and ate bacon everyday. Her doctor and my family told her to stop but she wouldn't listen. She didn't live much longer after that. I take this kind of stuff seriously. That information in that link is biased because the whole website is dedicated to bacon. If you do just a little research, you'll see that eating it everyday is not good. You may find some biased sources saying it's healthy but it is not.

Seriously, if the thread bothers you, you shouldn't have reopened the conversation with your post. Whether or not the thread is pinned doesn't affect anything.

7 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Seriously, if the thread bothers you, you shouldn't have reopened the conversation with your post. Whether or not the thread is pinned doesn't affect anything.

I opened the conversation because I'm concerned about my brothers and sisters health and some don't know that you shouldn't eat this type of stuff everyday. Pork should be eaten moderately. And the fact that it's pinned does make a difference because friends visiting the site always see this thread when they come in this section and can read it thinking eating bacon everyday is good for you.

Edited by Brother Jack