Daily Bacon
14 14

219 posts in this topic

Following nutrition guidelines and eating healthy foods does make a difference.

But I think brothers and sisters can see this as a fun topic and not necessarily endorsing consumption of bacon.

Don't even remember when I had bacon for breakfast :confused:

1 minute ago, Brother Jack said:

I opened the conversation because I'm concerned about my brother and sisters health and some don't know that you shouldn't eat this type of stuff everyday. Pork should be eaten moderately. 

Thank you for your concern, I doubt that this thread has affected anyone's health, most of us are aware of the dangers of not eating properly and make personal decisions.

Wait, actually if laughter is the best medicine then it has affected my health. :lol1:

1 minute ago, Tortuga said:

Thank you for your concern, I doubt that this thread has affected anyone's health, most of us are aware of the dangers of not eating properly and make personal decisions.

Wait, actually if laughter is the best medicine then it has affected my health. :lol1:

I know you can't compare this site to jw.org but what if you went on there and saw an article encouraging eating hamburgers everyday? How would you feel knowing that your brothers and sisters would be reading that thinking it's ok? That's how I feel.

14 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I forget, are eggs good for you or bad for you? I think the researchers have flipped on that issue...

Is beer good for or bad for you? That question keeps me hopping...

Is bacon good for you or bad for you? No matter how you slice it, we just don't know...

:D

It's like coffee. If you are a coffee hater - it's bad. If you are a coffee lover (or Bethelite) - it's good!

Similar to bacon.   :wink:

Tbs77, Tortuga, Gregexplore and 1 other like this

3 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

I know you can't compare this site to jw.org but what if you went on there and saw an article encouraging eating hamburgers everyday? How would you feel knowing that your brothers and sisters would be reading that thinking it's ok? That's how I feel.

What burgers aren't OK either!?

That's the BEST bethel meal - IMO

pnutts, Tortuga and Tbs77 like this

Just now, trottigy said:

It's like coffee. If you are a coffee hater - it's bad. If you are a coffee lover (or Bethelite) - it's good!

Similar to bacon.   :wink:

That has nothing to do with it. There are many foods that I like but I don't eat them everyday because it's not healthy to. I love ice cream but I only eat it once a week. Would I eat it everyday? No.

4 minutes ago, trottigy said:

What burgers aren't OK either!?

That's the BEST bethel meal - IMO

Im not saying burgers aren't ok. I'm saying eating food like that everyday isn't ok.

Following nutrition guidelines and eating healthy foods does make a difference.
But I think brothers and sisters can see this as a fun topic and not necessarily endorsing consumption of bacon.
Don't even remember when I had bacon for breakfast :confused:

Because you just had it for dinner!?

1 minute ago, Tbs77 said:

Because you just had it for dinner!? emoji23.png

My wife made some great baked potato soup and sprinkled bacon on top. Then we baked the potato skins and put bacon and cheese on them...:D

pnutts, trottigy and tekmantwo like this

Why else do you think Muslims greet one another by saying, "have some ham and bacon".

1:

All these years I thought it was " ham, salami, bacon" thanks for the clarification.

pnutts, Tortuga and trottigy like this

Sugar, salt, fats, cooked foods(carcinogens), hamburgers, bacon and many other things have at onetime or the other been classed as poisons. But we still enjoy them in moderation. But I really enjoy my bacon :eat:when my wife allows it once a month.:(

Brother Jack likes this

Man, I tell you wut, my mother in law could make the best fried egg and bacon lettuce tomatoes  and cheese samitches and she could make me one of those everyday for a very long time and I'd be ok with that, youbetcha...

Ida May

Retuned In Paradise. ..

Tortuga and trottigy like this

6 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

no more fun here ...packing my toys and going to another thread ...:(

...   and this little piggy ran all the way home   ...   (in balanced moderation of course)

Tortuga and Gregexplore like this

On 13/10/2015 at 3:38 AM, stuagu said:

And this is the question my daughter asked me yesterday ... Yes... We've all been there...

" Dad ... Will we have bacon in t he new system?"

When she definately wasn't happy with the " don't know" reply ... I said Jehovah might make her a bacon tree... Yes I went there...

.... stop press..... shes now vegetarian !..... stop press..... 

17 minutes ago, stuagu said:

.... stop press..... shes now vegetarian !..... stop press..... 

You have my condolences. ...

I will have an extra slice tomorrow in your honor...

Had Hawaiian style pizza tonight. ...Canadian Bacon and Pineapple. mmmmmmm

stuagu, Tortuga, Precision and 1 other like this

6 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

Had Hawaiian style pizza tonight. ...Canadian Bacon and Pineapple. mmmmmmm

Forget the pineapple :zipmouth:. Just get a Canadian style pizza and be done with it. :eat::eat::eat:

trottigy likes this