JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Daily Bacon

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 510 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Following nutrition guidelines and eating healthy foods does make a difference.

But I think brothers and sisters can see this as a fun topic and not necessarily endorsing consumption of bacon.

Don't even remember when I had bacon for breakfast :confused:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 minute ago, Brother Jack said:

I opened the conversation because I'm concerned about my brother and sisters health and some don't know that you shouldn't eat this type of stuff everyday. Pork should be eaten moderately. 

Thank you for your concern, I doubt that this thread has affected anyone's health, most of us are aware of the dangers of not eating properly and make personal decisions.

Wait, actually if laughter is the best medicine then it has affected my health. :lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 minute ago, Tortuga said:

Thank you for your concern, I doubt that this thread has affected anyone's health, most of us are aware of the dangers of not eating properly and make personal decisions.

Wait, actually if laughter is the best medicine then it has affected my health. :lol1:

I know you can't compare this site to jw.org but what if you went on there and saw an article encouraging eating hamburgers everyday? How would you feel knowing that your brothers and sisters would be reading that thinking it's ok? That's how I feel.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

14 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I forget, are eggs good for you or bad for you? I think the researchers have flipped on that issue...

Is beer good for or bad for you? That question keeps me hopping...

Is bacon good for you or bad for you? No matter how you slice it, we just don't know...

:D

It's like coffee. If you are a coffee hater - it's bad. If you are a coffee lover (or Bethelite) - it's good!

Similar to bacon.   :wink:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

3 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

I know you can't compare this site to jw.org but what if you went on there and saw an article encouraging eating hamburgers everyday? How would you feel knowing that your brothers and sisters would be reading that thinking it's ok? That's how I feel.

What burgers aren't OK either!?

That's the BEST bethel meal - IMO

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Just now, trottigy said:

It's like coffee. If you are a coffee hater - it's bad. If you are a coffee lover (or Bethelite) - it's good!

Similar to bacon.   :wink:

That has nothing to do with it. There are many foods that I like but I don't eat them everyday because it's not healthy to. I love ice cream but I only eat it once a week. Would I eat it everyday? No.

4 minutes ago, trottigy said:

What burgers aren't OK either!?

That's the BEST bethel meal - IMO

Im not saying burgers aren't ok. I'm saying eating food like that everyday isn't ok.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Following nutrition guidelines and eating healthy foods does make a difference.
But I think brothers and sisters can see this as a fun topic and not necessarily endorsing consumption of bacon.
Don't even remember when I had bacon for breakfast :confused:

Because you just had it for dinner!?

1 minute ago, Gregexplore said:

no more fun here ...packing my toys and going to another thread ...:(

Stick around and chew the fried fat...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 minute ago, Tbs77 said:

Because you just had it for dinner!? emoji23.png

My wife made some great baked potato soup and sprinkled bacon on top. Then we baked the potato skins and put bacon and cheese on them...:D

Sugar, salt, fats, cooked foods(carcinogens), hamburgers, bacon and many other things have at onetime or the other been classed as poisons. But we still enjoy them in moderation. But I really enjoy my bacon :eat:when my wife allows it once a month.:(

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

On 13/10/2015 at 3:38 AM, stuagu said:

And this is the question my daughter asked me yesterday ... Yes... We've all been there...

" Dad ... Will we have bacon in t he new system?"

When she definately wasn't happy with the " don't know" reply ... I said Jehovah might make her a bacon tree... Yes I went there...

.... stop press..... shes now vegetarian !..... stop press..... 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wellness/the-one-delicious-food-this-101-year-old-eats-every-day-for-longevity/ar-AAm3MB3?li=AA5LBhu&ocid=spartandhp

This 101 year old eats chocolate every day. 

I've never tried chocolate covered bacon but it sounds healthy....:)

On 1/14/2017 at 7:05 AM, pnutts said:

Forget the pineapple :zipmouth:. Just get a Canadian style pizza and be done with it. :eat::eat::eat:

I have looked at Canadian pizza before but I have a heartburn issue.  I don't like to eat too much of the red sauce or the pepperoni.  When I get the Hawaiian style I order it with white sauce. 

Denise got us some pizzas a while back that were really good.  There was chicken,  black olives,  mushrooms with white cheese and sauce.  I liked that one. 

When we have a Congregation get together I make my own version of spaghetti.  One of the Brothers called it Cowboy Spaghetti  and that kinda stuck. 

It has bacon bits in it. I use just a little bit of Ragu sauce and put a can of chili con carne in it along with kidney beans. The first time I made it after Denise and I were married she laughed at me,  she said nobody's going to eat that...

Guess what? ...it was the first dish to run out, everybody wanted some...:eat:

Ran out of Bacon on Thursday :oops:.  The good stuff ( deli ) is still C$5.99 a pound, thus it is a treat. It never came down :( in price.

Pizza. I prefer Deluxe, or meat lovers - No Chicken ( can't eat poultry - because it is fowl [ foul too ] :sick:). Like hot peppers and onion, green pepper, pepperoni, ham , spicy sausage,

extra cheese and extra sauce, if it is the good stuff.:eat:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

• 2 weeks later...