JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

January 15 2016 Watchtower

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3096 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I was shocked and saddened when I saw how Bro. Herd was essentially mobbed at Twickenham last year so really hope people can take stock of how they act in these situations and remember these are just people.

Now I understand his comments on the 138th Gilead graduation program ;)

Enviado do meu 6045K através de Tapatalk

I was shocked and saddened when I saw how Bro. Herd was essentially mobbed at Twickenham last year so really hope people can take stock of how they act in these situations and remember these are just people.

I heard about that too.  Treating Bro Herd like a celebrity.  It is almost like how Catholics behave with the Pope.  Never would we want to become like that.

I heard about that too.  Treating Bro Herd like a celebrity.  It is almost like how Catholics behave with the Pope.  Never would we want to become like that.

All of the Governing Body are special, they have been selected by Jehovah to serve as his composite 'Faithful Slave' during this time of the end... they are entrusted to deliver vital food to his domestics... all of us, over 8,000,000 worshipers worldwide... a very weighty responsibility!  While they deserve our deepest love and respect, we do not idolize them!  They are our brothers!

I've moved the discussion about the specific articles dealing with the anointed to http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/23376-identifying-anointed-christians-love-does-not-behave-indecently/.  Let's continue the anointed discussion there.  We can discuss the rest of the magazine here.

Edited by Shawnster

I like that first article about the new year text. In paragraph 3 it says, "Many of us, though, are now living in a relatively peaceful time, with no outright persecution. However, like the Christians in Paul’s day, none of us should lose sight of this key fact—soon we will face the most challenging test of our faith!—Read Luke 21:34-36."

Also paragraph 4 says about the events the "lie immediately ahead of us!" It's so close!

And paragraph 8 talks about the inner rooms and how it could mean the congregation.

But one things for sure, we'll need to rely on our brothers and sisters so much in the tribulation. So the governing body are trying to prepare us now. The great tribulation could break out at any moment. Very exciting stuff!

• 3 weeks later...

All of the Governing Body are special, they have been selected by Jehovah to serve as his composite 'Faithful Slave' during this time of the end... they are entrusted to deliver vital food to his domestics... all of us, over 8,000,000 worshipers worldwide... a very weighty responsibility!  While they deserve our deepest love and respect, we do not idolize them!  They are our brothers!

This issue reminds me of the experience reported in "Awake!" March 2010 pp. 12-15. Here is an excerpt:

"Military order is based on respect for rank, which had become in me a deeply embedded concept. For instance, I remember asking if some of Jehovah’s Witnesses were higher than others by virtue of their positions of responsibility or the tasks they performed. My view regarding rank and position was still deeply ingrained, but it was soon to change dramatically.

About that time—in 1989—I learned that a member of the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses from New York was scheduled to visit Bolivia and give a talk in the coliseum. I looked forward to seeing how an “elite” member of the organization would be treated. I thought that one with such responsibility would arrive with a certain amount of pomp and fanfare.

Well, when the meeting started, there was no indication that anyone special had arrived, and I began to wonder. It happened that sitting next to me and Manuela was an elderly couple. Manuela noticed that the wife had an English songbook, so during a break in the program, Manuela began conversing with the woman. But after that the couple left.

How surprised both of us were when later the woman’s husband walked to the platform to deliver the main talk! In that moment, in my mind, everything I had learned in the military about rank, respect, power, and position was rewritten. “Imagine that,” I said afterward, “the brother sitting with us in those uncomfortable stadium seats was a member of the Governing Body!”

I smile now when I think of how many times Ian had tried to help me understand Jesus’ words found at Matthew 23:8“All you are brothers.”"