JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting Roku Question

Hello

I recently purchased the Roku 3 for my parents for them to watch on their TV because the JW Broadcast channel is on there. Unfortunately it's not available in Greek. Does anyone know if Greek will be added to the lineup of available languages for the app?

I'm currently using Chromecast to get the channel onto their tv but I thought Roku would be better for them; instant access etc.

Thank you!

Mary

Until the day that Roku is available in Greek one workaround would be to "mirror" from a tablet or smartphone to the tv. Both would have to be Samsung products however. "Apple tv" does the same thing I think. A second work around would be to make a dvd for them.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Actually, if you download the video onto your android tablet you can use a program called allcast to send to roku device as long as they are both on the same network

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 1 year later...
On 10/12/2015 at 5:16 AM, Qapla said:

Actually, if you download the video onto your android tablet you can use a program called allcast to send to roku device as long as they are both on the same network

So sorry for the long awaited reply - I do that with chromecast and my computer but I wanted to make it easier for them to access the Jw. broadcasting via roku rather than wait on me to set it up for them. Guess it's not ready yet.

The Roku has a USB port that supports a 'flash-drive'.  I download all of my videos onto a USB flash-drive (thumb-drive) and then plug it into the side port on the Roku.  You can watch videos, see photos and listen to audio files this way.  You can even put them in folders to sort them.

I have a Roku Stick and the USB port is for power. I am not sure I could use a flash drive in it because, if the power is not plugged into the USB port, the stick does not work.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

23 hours ago, Qapla said:

I have a Roku Stick and the USB port is for power. I am not sure I could use a flash drive in it because, if the power is not plugged into the USB port, the stick does not work.

Thats correct, the stick has no USB, only a micro usb for power.