JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

If you like tacos, you'll love these. :D 

2 lbs. lean ground beef (not hamburger)

1 1.25 oz.  packet of McCormick's Original Taco seasoning mix

1 stick of real butter

Place the ground beef in a large mixing bowl and smoosh it up against

the walls of the bowl, to spread it out.

Sprinkle the entire contents of the taco seasoning packet over the spread

out ground beef and then work the powder in until it is mixed really well and evenly

distributed through the meat.

Melt the stick of butter in the microwave but don't get it too hot because the next

step is to mix it into the taco seasoned ground beef.

Once you have all the ingredients mixed together really well, form the meat into

whatever sized burgers you want.  I make mine medium sized which yields around

24 taco burgers.

Keep the finished burgers in a glass cooking dish with a lid, so they won't dry out.

They'll keep in the fridge for days. 

These taco burgers can be served hot or cold.  They're great to snack on.  

In fact, I just had two of them for my lunch at the Assembly Saturday. ^_^ 

Hope you get to try and enjoy taco burgers sometime. :D  

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

This is my understanding of the two labels:

When the guy who processes our beef asks, "Do you want hamburger?  Or ground beef?"

he is referring to the way the two are made.

In the case of hamburger, he takes the meat, (at this stage it is lean ground beef)

and then adds pork fat and beef fat to it as he grinds it up, thus producing hamburger.

To get lean ground beef, he just grinds the meat up and doesn't add any extra fat to it.

That is why I add butter to the lean ground beef.  

It doesn't come with its own cooking grease, like hamburger does.

The burgers from lean ground beef don't shrink into half their original size in the pan, either.

You pay more for lean ground beef, but you end up with more meat.  So, to me, it's worth it.

We have our own farm, so we have our own beef.  We just pay to have it processed.

We just call the finished product a burger.  

I'm gluten intolerant, so I don't eat my burgers in a sandwich.  I just eat them plain. :D 

Hope this helps explain the terminology I used. ^_^

I have noticed that some people call soda pop 'sodas' and some just call it 'pop'.

I'm gonna go grab a soda.  I'm gonna go grab a pop.       :blink:  :wacko: 

Seems to vary with the region of the U.S. you were raised in. ^_^

You ask visitors to the U.P. if they want a pop and they duck. SnickeringDoggy_zps8gzxz5dr.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

That makes sense. The only person I know who uses the term hamburger to refer to ground meat is my wife, and i have always teased her about it. I've never even heard my butcher use the term hamburger. I learn something new every day. 

And I use the term soda. I have not heard pop since I was a kid. 

If you like tacos, you'll love these. :D 

2 lbs. lean ground beef (not hamburger)

1 1.25 oz.  packet of McCormick's Original Taco seasoning mix

1 stick of real butter

Place the ground beef in a large mixing bowl and smoosh it up against

the walls of the bowl, to spread it out.

Sprinkle the entire contents of the taco seasoning packet over the spread

out ground beef and then work the powder in until it is mixed really well and evenly

distributed through the meat.

Melt the stick of butter in the microwave but don't get it too hot because the next

step is to mix it into the taco seasoned ground beef.

Once you have all the ingredients mixed together really well, form the meat into

whatever sized burgers you want.  I make mine medium sized which yields around

24 taco burgers.

Keep the finished burgers in a glass cooking dish with a lid, so they won't dry out.

They'll keep in the fridge for days. 

These taco burgers can be served hot or cold.  They're great to snack on.  

In fact, I just had two of them for my lunch at the Assembly Saturday. ^_^ 

Hope you get to try and enjoy taco burgers sometime. :D  

I even like them cooked!  :D

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Ross, we have home grown beef too and I'm accustomed to 'ground beef' as well. I like it because on the BBQ it doesn't catch fire (from the grease) and burn to a crisp. I do like your recipe and because we use the BBQ all year long I'll omit the butter. We're doing gluten free and these will be great between 2 leaves of lettuce with LOTS of pickles and mustard!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Prepackaged lean ground beef can contain up to 20-25%  chemicals/water, or so some packages in Walmart, Fort Gratiot, MI state. They do shrink and water contains no fat! :deadhorse:

Makes for very expensive water which is boiled off.

Edited by pnutts

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping: