JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

'Hollywood' news

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2324 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

There is a lot of news about movie stars and sports players doing stupid things, I really appreciate no one is dragging it into this forum.

Thank you.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Torture you are a lovable strange one! You must understand most tv people are not on our level so there is no interest in what they are doing or saying especially  if it does not involve Jehovah God.

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

Torture you are a lovable strange one! You must understand most tv people are not on our level so there is no interest in what they are doing or saying especially  if it does not involve Jehovah God.

Unfortunately there have been some topics started about some sensational news by an entertainer or sports figure, I'm just glad no one has been tempted to do that recently..

BTW: It's no torture being lovably strange or strangely lovable.  :)

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Torture... me likes.

So well, I'm just asking, we have a "peace and security" news thread and regularly post "Babylon is falling" news, what's so bad about a little 2. Timothy 3:1-5 news? Although wait... 2 Timothy 3 doesn't prophecy mass stupidity in the last days. Wait. WHY DOESN'T 2 Timothy 3 prophecy mass stupidity in the last days?????

What? What What are they doing????  (Just kidding)

I don't have a tv and don't bother checking out who is trending or what the hottest twitter is, I guess I'm missing out on celebrity gossip... shame (NOT).  Still if one of those stars became a witness that would be something positive I'd like to hear about,...

There is a lot of news about movie stars and sports players doing stupid things, I really appreciate no one is dragging it into this forum.

Thank you.

What do you mean? What have you heard? For example, who?    :whistling:  :uhhuh:  :loopy:

Edited by Your Brother

In the gym I go to they have some TV screens with a "shallow-brained" program in order to entertain the crowd.

It´s mostly about sports, but sometimes they also show the "VIP news". WHAT FOR THE WORLD ....???

Why should I care if Mr. X has a new haircut now or if Ms. Y picks her nose? :omg:

News the world can do without... :o

Edited by coonie77

Chrissy :wave:

troll......lol

I'll bite....  I am so ingrained to think conspiracy theory that everytime i see "apparent suicide"  i automaticly think they were murdered....

Funny, when I hear "apparent suicide", I generally think "accidental overdose" of illegal drugs

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

In the gym I go to they have some TV screens with a "shallow-brained" program in order to entertain the crowd.

It´s mostly about sports, but sometimes they also show the "VIP news". WHAT FOR THE WORLD ....???

Why should I care if Mr. X has a new haircut now or if Ms. Y picks her nose? :omg:

News the world can do without... :o

I think they call that their "Good News" stories.  How awful!

As our latest study article for Sunday shows we get enough news feeds from jw.org. What the world offers is from Satan and should be reviewed with all caution yes?

Yes, we know non-witnesses will do non-witness things so we don't need to read the details on this forum. It's sad that so many famous people will do stupid things and I hope they realize that before it's too late, however I'm not interested in seeing their lives drug into this forum so I was just expressing my appreciation that the forum members are showing good discernment.

Why?! Has nothing to do with Jehovah's prophecies that have come true and will come true in the very near future. What lasting benefit is it to Jehovah's people what the Back to the Future predictions were? They won't matter during the great tribulation and Armageddon and most importantly not in Jehovah's new world on a paradise earth right?

Sent from my B1-730 using Tapatalk

Why?! Has nothing to do with Jehovah's prophecies that have come true and will come true in the very near future. What lasting benefit is it to Jehovah's people what the Back to the Future predictions were? They won't matter during the great tribulation and Armageddon and most importantly not in Jehovah's new world on a paradise earth right?

Sent from my B1-730 using Tapatalk

I think Lucy was being a little facetious. Light sarcastic humour to put a twist to the original posters intent.

Would this be the right time to bring up the Back to the Future predictions from today, some of which have come true?

(and some have not)....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-21/back-to-the-future-predictions-accurate-or-not/6852700

Right time, but the wrong place...   Try here http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/23146-back-to-the-future-marathon-on-oct-21-2015/

• 1 year later...
On 10/16/2015 at 0:38 PM, Tortuga said:

Thank you.

I thought this might be a good time to give this a preemptive bump.

I just watched the CBS morning show and was shocked as they showed just how many "celebrities" from different walks of life and venues had died in 2016. It must have been about fifty or more! Many were not very old either. It was really sad, even though I didn't know them personally.

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

Hollywood sign vandalized to read 'Hollyweed'
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/01/us/hollywood-hollyweed-sign/index.html

A prankster managed to change the iconic sign overlooking Los Angeles early Sunday to read "Hollyweed," said L.A. Police Officer Christopher Garcia, who works in the agency's security service division. 

29 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

A prankster managed to change the iconic sign overlooking Los Angeles early Sunday to read "Hollyweed," said L.A. Police Officer Christopher Garcia, who works in the agency's security service division. 

Some people just have nothing else better to do with their time. If your gonna pull a prank at least let it be funny. That wasn't even funny :mellow:

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

3 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Perhaps it should stay that way LOL

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

On 10/16/2015 at 5:26 PM, NSSewer said:

...  most tv people are not on our level so there is no interest in what they are doing or saying especially if it does not involve Jehovah God.

some think the party is over   ...   http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/barack-obama/white-house-hosts-star-studded-farewell-bash-obamas-n704276?cid=par-xfinity_20170107   ...   little do they know its just getting started!

Edited by timpin