JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Shooting in Paris

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2812 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Well the hostage situation seems to have been crushed by police. Two perps dead and one cop injured. They are dead quiet about the number of civilian victims. I'm afraid there will be up to a hundred dead tomorrow morning.

But I can't be bothered to take anymore of this.

Good night for now.

There shouldn't have been any brothers at the concert - it was a heavy metal concert. reports from a few minutes ago stated 100 dead at concert, 40 more in other attacks.

I've been to a few "heavy metal concerts."

Let's not judge our brothers and sisters over their choice in music.  Plus, we are all at different levels of spiritual maturity.  You may choose to avoid activities that your younger self might have engaged in.  

There shouldn't have been any brothers at the concert - it was a heavy metal concert. reports from a few minutes ago stated 100 dead at concert, 40 more in other attacks.

That's a rather blanket statement to make !

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

I do not know of any brother who would go to a heavy metal rock concert.  News reports stated there were 2 heavy metal rock bands from California playing there.

Maybe some leading a double life might, but I do not know of any.

At a restaurant or bar ( I believe many bars in France are different than the type in North America ), at last report 10 dead, hopefully no brothers.

about 30 more in other locations

Edited by pnutts

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

When it comes to the news I've learned you can only trust news reports with a grain of salt...I always try to remember they refer to us as a cult religion when we are far from it lol....

◾Bataclan concert venue, 50 boulevard Voltaire, 11th district - hostages held

◾Le Carillon, 18 rue Alibert, 10th district - gun attack

◾Le Petit Cambodge, 20 rue Alibert, 10th district - gun attack

◾La Belle Equipe, 92 rue de Charonne, 11th district - gun attack

◾Near Stade de France, St Denis, just north of Paris - reported suicide attack near venue as France v Germany football match played

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34814203

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

It is just horrific, whatever the concert was.  People are just going about their daily lives unwinding on a Friday night at a restaurant, concert and football match.  It's just being in the wrong place at the wrong time.  And this will spread to other European cities too, cause you just can't prevent this sort of attack.  I'm madly sending emails to my daughter and friends over there.  What else can we do but hope that our brothers, sisters, family and friends can stay aware of their surroundings and pray they stay safe.  Only Jehovah, we know will eliminate these maleficent humans and their ideologies, and we need to stay close to Jehovah and each other to endure and survive.

Nov 13, 8:06 PM (ET)

By MESFIN FEKADU

NEW YORK (AP) — Management for the Eagles of Death Metal, scheduled to perform Friday night at a Paris venue where at least 100 people were killed, say they are "trying to determine the safety and whereabouts" of the band and its crew.

The American rock band was supposed to perform at the Bataclan, a theater located in eastern Paris near the trendy Oberkampf area. People inside were taken hostage.

It was unclear how many were inside but French police say at least 100 were killed. The death toll is in addition to the 35 people who died in shootings and explosions in multiple sites in the city Friday night.

"We are still currently trying to determine the safety and whereabouts of all our band and crew. Our thoughts are with all of the people involved in this tragic situation," management for Eagles of Death Metal posted on the band's Facebook page late Friday.

People made unfortunate choices, it's about being in the wrong place at the wrong time... Who knows who were attending the concert, football game or even having a nice meal with their family at a local eatery...This type of scene is horrifying!

I'm waiting for the day one of our conventions/assemblies are targeted...

Edited by cricket246

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eagles_of_Death_Metal

"Despite their band name, Eagles of Death Metal are not a death metal band."

Even if this were a heavy metal concert, is this really the proper time and place to make thinly veiled judgements against a group of people based on differing tastes in music?

It was not a 'thinly veiled comment', just a comment which further comments are reading way too much into that are distracting from what I had stated that there probably [ or shouldn't have been ]  any brothers killed at the concert.

I do not wish to keep this side issue going so as far as I am concerned 'end of discussion about concert goers in Paris attack'.

Edited by pnutts

It was not a 'thinly veiled comment', just a comment which further comments are reading way too much into that are distracting from what I had stated that there probably [ or shouldn't have been ]  any brothers killed at the concert.

"Shouldn't have been" is exactly what I mean by thinly veiled judgement.

The Scriptures do not state that any particular type of music is acceptable or unacceptable, so let's not make blanket accusations of "leading a double life" in case the death count does include some of our brothers and sisters.

Assembly Sunday. Really looking foreward to it. If I am going to be a victim of this insanity, I'd just as soon die there. Sort of scary. Well, more then sort of. I have thought about being in a worldly crowd because of something like this. I think that, and march off to a George Benson concert. We try to lead, "normal" lives and something like this happens. Will the time come when, "normalcy" is just gone? We are so blessed just to understand what is happening. Then, I wonder if there will be ones who know the truth, and are doing nothing about it. If it were me in that situation, I'd run towards serving Jehovah. They can do what they want to stop it, but, only Jehovah can fix this demon infested situation.

In the meantime, we will be praying for our loved ones, and their loved ones that have been touched by this insanity.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!