JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Shooting in Paris

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2833 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

They should be looking for this everywhere because of the announcement of killing jihadi john spokesman for the terrorists. We know they will have to act out against this drone killing by the U.S. yesterday.

I personally think this was planned in advanced for such a coordinated attack.

Did they, terrorists, want to do this on Friday the 13th to terrorize the superstitious? Did they have pact to attack if anything happened in Syria to high ranking member of ISIL/ISIS?... Stay to the course. Pray for the brothers there that will also have to deal with nationalistic fervor.

Is Friday the 13th a big deal outside of the United States?

Some sources state because Jesus died on a Friday to this on Wikipedia:

A suggested origin of the superstition—Friday, 13 October 1307, the date Philip IV of France arrested hundreds of the Knights Templar—may not have been put together until the 20th century. It is mentioned in the 1955 Maurice Druon historical novel The Iron King (Le Roi de fer), John J. Robinson's 1989 work Born in Blood: The Lost Secrets of Freemasonry, Dan Brown's 2003 novel The Da Vinci Code and Steve Berry's The Templar Legacy (2006).[1][10][11]

Our heart's go out to all our brothers and their families, their Bible Studies, RV'S, and their neighbors, who may have been in the area of the direct hit by these satanic people.   It's is so horrible, and again, more to come, not just in Paris, but all over the world.  Japan had an earthquake today, I believe it was 7.1, no one reported major damage or death.   

Nos frères bien-aimés et sœur en France, nous vous aimons et nous savons que la fin de la domination de Satan se rapproche de sa fin. S'il vous plaît être très vigilant lorsque vous êtes dehors et environ, même dans le ministère. Restez unis et l'Eternel soit avec vous tous comme il est avec nous ici dans les pays où nous vivons. Notre amour à vous tous qui sont dans ce forum et d'autres endroits sécurisés.

It's interesting that many people are focused on the people, or their religion. Let's not forget that the majority of these people are simply misguided followers. Satan is the real cause of all this violence. He is using these people and, in my opinion, hoping that everyone will focus their anger in them while he goes unnoticed.

If the World thinks the problem is one group of people and what they believe, then they will believe the solution can come from other people. Their focus will be on a solution inspired by men, and carried out by men. We know that this will be so, since their solution will be to turn on religion.

But, let's not forget to remind people that this is ultimately a problem with a powerful, wicked, spirit creature and his equally powerful spirit followers.

If the people we Witness to knew and appreciated this fact, would they be so keen to look for, and expect, a human solution?

----

My prayers go out to all those in Paris, and to all our Faithful Brothers and Sisters throughout the world who live in fear for their lives. May Jehovah strengthen you all, and bless you for the faith and love you have in Him.

During our book-study, yesterday we where discussing the violence what Noach, and his family, would have seen in those days, with the nefilims..

And one brother commented that also in our days, like in Noach's days, the violence will be more and more (terrorist attacks), and other forms, of violence, also a sign, that we are living in the last days..

When I heard this orrible news from Paris..this morning here in Belgium, I remembered that discussion during the book study..

I will pray for our brothers and sisters in Paris..

Our world is very sick, people live their lives as nothing is happening , they are not listening to the good news

Cities have become dangerous places...

We as JW have to be cautious where we go, with whom we gather especially crowds, we should be very careful

Because these things could be happening more and more ...we live in very critical times

Mr. Hollande has declared state of emergency ...today no gathering allowed for sports events or schools etc

I do not know if meetings in KH are allowed ?

According to news there 8 terrorists in different places do Paris, seven of them blowed themselves one was killed

Fanatics wanting to do as much harm as they can ... Moved by the demons.... No pity...

Could happen everywhere ...

Let us stay in our spiritual paradise and continue searching for people who want to become citizen of God's kingdom.

And pray that we keep our senses

Agape

I am watching the special news about Paris, and I was thinking how fast things can change, in this world,, and how important it is to remain vigilantt...

I remembered also that 30 ago, we where at an Assembly at Bruxelles,and during a discourse of the DO, one brother came one the podium, and said something to him..We were asking what was happening: Suddenly the brother explained us that twe had to leave the hall, because there was a bom placed in the building.... The evacuation went very good, and without a general panick.. We were more than 10.000(brothers and sisters), Afterward we heard that no bomb was found in the halls.

That day, I saw a lot of brothers and sisters praying, when leaving the hall, and I think, and I am surely convinced that Jehovah gived us the calm and peace we needed in that special occasion. That day my mother and father hugged us so much, we realised that suddenly in this uncertain world your life can be at risk at anytime, and be suddenly over..

The CO, who was on the podium that day, told when he was on visit by our home, that he and other responsible brothers, waited until the last brother and sister left the different halls, and then themselfsel left the hals! I asked him wasn't you afraid to wait until the last one left the hal? He looked me and said: of course salva, I was afraid, but We prayed a lot during that period, and when all the brothers and sisters left the halls, we runned very fast Until we left the hall..I never runned so fast during my life he told, and was smiling but we where convinced that if we live, we live from Jehovah, and If we die, we die for Jehovah.., These words , and his example in that situation I will never forget...

Is Friday the 13th a big deal outside of the United States?

Germany is extremely superstitious in my opinion. Yes, "Friday the 13th" is a red flag for a lot of people here. I had a colleague who took a day off on Friday 13th because she was scared of messing up real badly at work. Seriously.

CNN

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/14/world/paris-attacks/index.html

Paris attacks: ISIS claims responsibility for gunfire, blasts that killed 128 people

Paris (CNN)ISIS claimed responsibility for a series of attacks that targeted six locations in Paris with gunfire and explosions, killing 128 people in one of the nation's deadliest massacres.

In an online statement distributed by supporters, the terror group said eight militants wearing explosive belts and armed with machine guns attacked precisely selected targets in the French capital.

In addition to the fatalities, 180 others were injured, according to the Paris Police Prefecture. More than half of the injured are in critical condition.

Edited by Samira

I need to tone down something I said earlier.

The police did a good job apparently in not letting people out the stadium or not evacuating immediately. Seems they knew the poop was hitting the fan outside and were doing everything possible to keep people outside outside and didn't let anybody out because they knew there was mass murder going on out there.

Given that the people in the stadium were relatively safe, it was a sound decision not to end the game and evacuate at that point in time.

EDIT: Turns out German cops near where I live busted a 51 year old who was possibly transporting weapons and explosives to Paris for exactly this event!

So, it was planned, and it was planned to be worse!

http://www.abendzeitung-muenchen.de/inhalt.anschlaege-in-paris-moeglicher-terror-komplize-in-rosenheim-gefasst.2e15adb0-a31b-4a2f-b05e-4bfa3afa0f1d.html

A few days ago controlled dragnet controls by Rosenheim police,  a man was discovered who had hidden several weapons and explosives in his car. Investigators assume that he wanted to go to Paris.

In Upper Bavaria dragnet investigators caught a motorist with numerous weapons and explosives in their net. The man is said to have may have been located on the way to Paris. Whether there is a connection to the devastating terrorist series, according to LKA is pure speculation.

Edited by ChocoBro

I was thinking about whether to post the video. And decided to do so, because it bothers me how the discussion goes so strongly in the direction whether there were brothers there or not. Whether this was a heavy metal concert or not. Honestly, who cares?

“You heard that it was said: ‘You must love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 However, I say to you: Continue to love your enemies+ and to pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may prove yourselves sons of your Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise on both the wicked and the good and makes it rain on both the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 For if you love those loving you, what reward do you have? Are not also the tax collectors doing the same thing?

If you can stomach it, watch this video and ask yourself whether it matters whether it is a sister or not who, fearing brutal murder, climbs out the window clinging to the ledge for the sake of her life. Whether it matters if it is a brother dragging his half-dead friend down the alley or just an ordinary young man in his twenties.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=86c_1447486084

Edited by ChocoBro

Hi everyone, Paris calling!

Text messages flying between the friends, it's late here and basically the message is to stay Inside (naturally).  Won't really know what's going on or how bad things are until the morning.  Looks pretty bad though from the news reports. 

Please pray for the brothers and sisters in the effected areas. 

Agapé

Rosie

Thank you for your update, keep us posted Rosie.