JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Shooting in Paris

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2813 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Hi everyone, Paris calling!

Text messages flying between the friends, it's late here and basically the message is to stay Inside (naturally).  Won't really know what's going on or how bad things are until the morning.  Looks pretty bad though from the news reports. 

Please pray for the brothers and sisters in the effected areas. 

Agapé

Rosie

Rosie, I'm so glad to know you're safe, and that hopefully all the brothers and sisters are too!  We are with you all in our prayers to Jehovah to give you strength and courage in this difficult time.  All of us will soon be facing some similar big test, and then the end.  Let's push through this, brothers and sisters with Jehovah's strength!

Love Jehovah, all you who are loyal to him! Jehovah protects the faithful, But he repays exceedingly anyone showing haughtiness.  Be courageous, and may your heart be strong, All you who are waiting for Jehovah - Ps 31:23, 24

CNN

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/14/world/paris-attacks/index.html

Paris attacks: ISIS claims responsibility for gunfire, blasts that killed 128 people

Paris (CNN)ISIS claimed responsibility for a series of attacks that targeted six locations in Paris with gunfire and explosions, killing 128 people in one of the nation's deadliest massacres.

In an online statement distributed by supporters, the terror group said eight militants wearing explosive belts and armed with machine guns attacked precisely selected targets in the French capital.

In addition to the fatalities, 180 others were injured, according to the Paris Police Prefecture. More than half of the injured are in critical condition.

France will not take this lightly. How do I know? I part french myself. 

This is realy sad :-(.reminds me of a similar shooting at a university that happened here in Kenya sometime in April this year that left over 140 dead. My heart goes out to all those affected by these terror attacks and especially our brothers and sister,lets keep them in our prayers.

Satan system is very volatile,anything is bound to happen at anytime,my prayer is that we all remain faithful to Jehovah and trust in him to see us through this horrible system.

Just as the scripture says: "men will become faint out of fear"

I think someone already mentioned but so true how quickly things can change. Makes me think twice about going to things I like such as a sporting event or concerts. These ppl truly are controlled by Satan.

This old system is going down the tubes at a very fast rate.

Anyone have any news on if any brothers were affected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Cheeks

Just as the scripture says: "men will become faint out of fear"

I think someone already mentioned but so true how quickly things can change. Makes me think twice about going to things I like such as a sporting event or concerts. These ppl truly are controlled by Satan.

This old system is going down the tubes at a very fast rate.

Anyone have any news on if any brothers were affected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The whole system belongs to Satan. This is his warped way of ruling. Both sides contend who is the real terrorist. Strict neutrality required by us all. Some of our brothers may have had to overcome that "thinking".

This is the fruitage of false religion. I wonder if tragedies like this will start the scream for "Peace & Security"

It already has in the UK in a interview Jeremy Corbyn said that we need to have peace and security

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

This is so incredibly sad. As if those poor refugees don't have it bad enough. That was the first thing my husband said. They will close the boarders to them. Bad just gets worse...

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I see a lot of people even my family are doing the French flag on the profile picture on Facebook in support of what happened but my conscience won't allow me to do

That's good Lee ...yes friends of mine are doing the same. .even some witnesses! !

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

This year things have really sped up, especially since October 1st :

* Terrorist attack in Paris.

* 7.0 Earthquake & small tsunami in Japan.

* Hurricane in Mexico.

* Mass Shootings - example : Oregon College Shootings.

They're calling this attack on Paris their Nine eleven, comparing it to our September 1st, 2011 attacks.... So far he death count is between 128-150+.... And on news broadcast on tv (Aljazeera news) says the Islamic State (ISIL?) just claimed responsibility for this attack and that it was the first of the storm... O.O I believe this to be retaliation attacks after one of their leaders were killed in recent attacks on Isis/Isil....

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

This year things have really sped up, especially since October 1st :

* Terrorist attack in Paris.

* 7.0 Earthquake & small tsunami in Japan.

* Hurricane in Mexico.

* Mass Shootings - example : Oregon College Shootings.

They're calling this attack on Paris their Nine eleven, comparing it to our September 1st, 2011 attacks.... So far he death count is between 128-150+.... And on news broadcast on tv (Aljazeera news) says the Islamic State (ISIL?) just claimed responsibility for this attack and that it was the first of the storm... O.O I believe this to be retaliation attacks after one of their leaders were killed in recent attacks on Isis/Isil....

Edit: sorry... Please help me with September 1, 2011 attack?

Edited by Tbs77

g01 5/22 pp. 11-12 Terrorism—Soon to End -

gives us a more balanced view on terrorism.

I will make some quotations from this article:

Although terrorists apparently want to convey a powerful message to politicians, military leaders, or economic leaders, there often seems to be no link between their cause and their target. In many cases the actual targets are ordinary people—people who have nothing to do with the terrorists’ avowed cause.

Terrorism is systematic, premeditated, and calculated. The resulting toll in deaths and injuries is not the primary objective. Such carnage is a means to an end, part of the atmosphere of shock and fear that the terrorist wishes to create in order to undermine authority and gain a hearing for his specific cause. Consider some of the factors behind the violent acts of terrorists:

Hatred. “Terrorism . . . is fueled by hatred,” stated Louis J. Freeh...

Oppression. .. But it is also clear that a great deal of terrorism is born of despair.

Frustration. “In many cases . . . the primary motivation for a terrorist is a genuine frustration

with seemingly intractable political, social, and economic forces...

Injustice. “Terrorism is a symptom of a problem, not the actual cause... Paralleling our actions

against terrorism, we must have equally vigorous efforts to enhance freedom, dignity,

justice, and humanitarian values. Only when those vigorous efforts are effective, will we

be able to dismantle our counter-terrorism and anti-terrorism operations....

The causes and history of terrorism have proved the truth of the Biblical statement: “Man has dominated man to his injury.(Ecclesiastes 8:9)

The reality is that human efforts to combat terrorism, no matter how sincerely motivated, cannot successfully deal with its causes.

Those who have been wronged or oppressed and who feel frustrated can find comfort in the Bible’s sure promise: “The upright are the ones that will reside in the earth, and the blameless are the ones that will be left over in it. As regards the wicked, they will be cut off from the very earth; and as for the treacherous, they will be torn away from it.

Proverbs 2:21,22.

A Bible prophecy says regarding Christ: “He will not judge by any mere appearance to his eyes, nor reprove simply according to the thing heard by his ears. And with righteousness he must judge the lowly ones, and with uprightness he must give reproof in behalf of the meek ones of the earth. Isaiah 11:3,4.

On September 11th, 2001 (sorry my post is a little backwards above) in New York (USA) there was a terrorist attack that killed ALOT of people, when Al-Quida sent hijacked airplanes into downtown buildings...Things have never quite been the same here...

Edited by cricket246

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!