JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Will You use the JW App to Underline?

Will You use the JW App to Underline?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Will You use the JW App to highlight?

• Yes!
    • No, I will continue to use my current method
    • Both - I will use it AND my current method

It sounds like a silly question but I'm curious to see what everyone's opinion is on this because I have mixed feelings on whether I will or not.

Here are my thoughts

Pros of using the JW app to underline:

• My spiritual life is in one place
  • It's the JW app! Enough said on that...

Cons:

• I've had the JW app crash on me after an update and I had to delete the app and redownload. If I had books studied, then i would lose the data.
  • I use iCloud backup and I don't believe iCloud backs up in-app data. So if I restored my iPhone, it's my understanding that I would lose the data.
  • iBooks synchronizes my underlining between my iPad and iPhone.

What's everyone else's thoughts?

Edited by trottigy

Wow never thought deeply about the potential crashing there!!

Now that I think about it I did have with iBooks a few times where I had studied, but it took a long time to load and seem like I didn't study for a bit it was odd.

But for the most part I don't study more than 1 or 2 meetings out so everything is still fresh in mind and I should be able to recover my thoughts and rework the highlighting, so I'm still gonna use the jw library app,

I love how organized the library app is and right now my iBooks does not stay very organized so all in the library would be fantastic!!!!

I voted yes, but ....

I will use it on occasion (especially the new CLM Workbook), but eQuipd has such an easy way to change from one language to another with a double tap.

I just have to keep using that for the CBS and Watchtower - until JWLibrary gets a quicker way to change from one language to another. 

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I did forget to add I like a minimum of 3 colors so if there is only 1 or 2 I may stay with iBooks, will wait and see

There are four colors - that is how I differentiate A, B or C questions - with the colors
Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I voted yes, but ....

I will use it on occasion (especially the new CLM Workbook), but eQuipd has such an easy way to change from one language to another with a double tap.

I just have to keep using that for the CBS and Watchtower - until JWLibrary gets a quicker way to change from one language to another.

Absolutely true. If I change languages Eng/Czech. EQuipd is easier. I can change languages quickly enough on JW Library for singing songs at the meeting, especially the new ones.

Bookmarking text and highlghting is a good start, though. The KM and CLM yes, But I'm with you Jerry on WT and CBS.

It sounds like a silly question but I'm curious to see what everyone's opinion is on this because I have mixed feelings on whether I will or not.

Here are my thoughts

Pros of using the JW app to underline:

• My spiritual life is in one place
  • It's the JW app! Enough said on that...
Cons:
  • I've had the JW app crash on me after an update and I had to delete the app and redownload. If I had books studied, then i would lose the data.
  • I use iCloud backup and I don't believe iCloud backs up in-app data. So if I restored my iPhone, it's my understanding that I would lose the data.
  • iBooks synchronizes my underlining between my iPad and iPhone.
What's everyone else's thoughts?
That is what paper copies are for. If JW crashes, you either saddle up to the person next to you who has a tablet or pull out the paper copy.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Biggest feature request from my end is to enable the JW app to support split screen mode on the iPad. I actually went out and bought the iPad pro 2 so that I could have the JW app on one side and iBooks on the other side. I then found out that the app doesn't support split screen mode.

The good news is that I still like my new shiny iPad Air 2 :)

So glad the underlining feature in JW library app is finally here! Had so anxiously waited for it. The brothers are really working hard to satisfy the needs of the worldwide brotherhood. I really appreciate their efforts.

As for your eyes, straight ahead they should look, yes, your own beaming eyes should gaze straight in front of you - Prov. 4:25

...  eQuipd has such an easy way to change from one language to another with a double tap.

Absolutely true. If I change languages Eng/Czech. EQuipd is easier. I can change languages quickly enough on JW Library for singing songs at the meeting, especially the new ones.

Bookmarking text and highlghting is a good start, though. The KM and CLM yes, But I'm with you Jerry on WT and CBS.

Perhaps in time, however I too have been spoiled by ... https://www.facebook.com/equipd.me

Not until it has note taking and a way of backing up or transferring the data to another device.

Meantime I will carry on using eQuipd.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

Highlighting is easy, but how do you "underline"?

You have something there, through all the excitement I did note that we have a choice of highlight colors but no underline.

Definitely will not use it for underlining.  :(

Can i take my vote back?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Something is being saved to iCloud. I wonder if this would grow if I started highlighting.

post-6059-0-27833400-1447807993_thumb.jp

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

I voted yes because I will use this feature ..... However, there was no vote option for "I will ONLY use the app for JW underlining.

Just because I will use the underlining/highlighting feature in the app does not mean I will quit using that feature in other apps I use.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I voted yes because I will use this feature ..... However, there was no vote option for "I will ONLY use the app for JW underlining.

Just because I will use the underlining/highlighting feature in the app does not mean I will quit using that feature in other apps I use.

Valid point! I can't seem to figure out how to edit the poll to add that option but if one of the admins can, please do!

I'll be using it for personal study, and to prepare for meetings.

For Field Service I'll keep using Equipd as I like the way it displays multiple verses in different languages and translations.

I always have the NWT and KJV with Strong's showing in field service. I meet many people who use KJV and this defeats their "but that's your Bible" argument. Plus Strong's highlights LORD and GOD, so I'm only a tap away from an explanation of this.