JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Will You use the JW App to Underline?

Will You use the JW App to Underline?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Will You use the JW App to highlight?

• Yes!
    • No, I will continue to use my current method
    • Both - I will use it AND my current method

After an article (ex: this weeks part in the Yearbook) is in the study pane, you can tap the title and it will open in the left side, then you can highlight and it is saved in the publication. Works with the CBS also, just like the Songbook. 

Thank you Sr. Carole.  That is a very important feature that makes the highlighting most valuable to me.  I will practice it this week.  Thanks again. I don't know how I missed it (since I knew about the Songs).

One thing you can do when assigned to roving microphones is to "spy" on the brothers tablets.  :) So whilst on the mikes today, what did I see.  Bearing in mind its been less than a week since the update, I saw no one else using JW Library, even though they had the latest update.  iPads users were still using iBooks,  others use Moon Reader.  I'm using it, and like it.

I tried the highlighting feature for this midweek meeting, and I loved it. Highlighting is smooth and easy, and it looks great. It reminds me a lot of Mantano Reader, but it includes a button to delete the highlight, something Mantano lacks.

I don't think I will be switching to JW Library yet, however. Dictionary search is still very useful for me. Also, JW Library seems to work quite slow in my tablet. It takes a while to find a scripture or to open a publication. Besides, I don't know how to switch quickly from one publication to another in JW Library.

I suppose when you are used to a software (in my case Moon Reader) it's always hard to change. :)

I love highlighting in JW library and I especially like the study pane that opens up when you click on a scripture, it's so much faster than Moon Reader Pro, with the pop up that covers part of the paragraph!  Now the paragraph is unobstructed when we read the scriptures.  I think JW Library is off to a good start and I'm sure it will only get better and better.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I don't think I will be switching to JW Library yet, however. Dictionary search is still very useful for me. Also, JW Library seems to work quite slow in my tablet. It takes a while to find a scripture or to open a publication. Besides, I don't know how to switch quickly from one publication to another in JW Library.

I suppose when you are used to a software (in my case Moon Reader) it's always hard to change. :)

The "define" option shown is common to iOS. Almost anywhere you can select text there is an option to define that selection of text. This was available starting with iOS 5 in 2011 and is not in any way related to the JW Library 1.6 update. 

FYI, my app just updated the Bible Teach book and the Organized book and after updating them, I can confirm that I did NOT lose any previous highlighting in both books. I'm running JW Library on iPad Mini with the latest version of iOS.

Thanks for confirming that. I never considered updating publications and if the studying would be lost. Good to know that it won't be :)

What I meant by my post above is if you buy a new iPad and restore the backup from the iCloud. It's my belief that the highlighting will not be restored due to the publications being considered an in app download.

The other test would be if you deleted the JW app (in the case where there becomes a corruption within the app and it no longer launches) and reinstall it. I don't believe your studying will return.