JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Isis video suggests NY is targeted!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3045 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

It states specifically that mustard gas was one of their choices but I don't think they will use mustard gas because it is usually not fatal but it causes cancer. I am including information for protection and care after exposure to it. Seems the quicker you wash it off the better with plain water. And it brings out it is heavier than air so get to higher ground for this type of gas. It's awful that we have to think about this type of thing but we should educate ourselves so we can help others if needed.

http://www.bt.cdc.gov/agent/sulfurmustard/basics/facts.asp

Would not suprise me if they do something on black friday

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I agree. The holidays are going to be stressful to shoppers.

Since ISIS/ISIL hates USA I wonder if they want to do something on Dec 7th due to attack on Pearl Harbor.

Yeah, I agree. The holidays are going to be stressful to shoppers.

Since ISIS/ISIL hates USA I wonder if they want to do something on Dec 7th due to attack on Pearl Harbor.

Is it more likely they would do something on Thanksgiving or Christmas instead of Perl Harbor day?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Pearl Harbor day has no special significance to the terrorists.  9/11 was not a previously important date in US history.  

If a terrorist is going to choose a date, they will choose one that has meaning to them or a date that can cause the most amount of terror.  An attack at a busy shopping center full of people would cause the most amount of terror.  Attacking on a "holy day" of the enemy would have emotional and psychological impact.  

I don't know if Christmas or Thanksgiving Day itself would be worthy of an attack.  I guess it depends on the target.  Attacking the Macy's Parade on Thanksgiving Day broadcast live on TV... that would be significant.  Time Square on New Year's Eve would be a big target.  

Not dismissing an attack on Dec. 7.  The Paris attack was a mundane, unimportant date.  People were going about their daily lives and nothing special.  That is how people are on Dec. 7.   

Pearl Harbor day has no special significance to the terrorists. 9/11 was not a previously important date in US history.

If a terrorist is going to choose a date, they will choose one that has meaning to them or a date that can cause the most amount of terror. An attack at a busy shopping center full of people would cause the most amount of terror. Attacking on a "holy day" of the enemy would have emotional and psychological impact.

I don't know if Christmas or Thanksgiving Day itself would be worthy of an attack. I guess it depends on the target. Attacking the Macy's Parade on Thanksgiving Day broadcast live on TV... that would be significant. Time Square on New Year's Eve would be a big target.

Not dismissing an attack on Dec. 7. The Paris attack was a mundane, unimportant date. People were going about their daily lives and nothing special. That is how people are on Dec. 7.

Agreed, just wondering if they, ISIS or AL Qaeda, want to make Dec 7th part of its new terror "history" by disrespecting that date.

just a quick recap for those keeping a hit date scorecard of times and/or places to avoid so far:

This Thursday (NY)   ...   or Friday (Mall)

Dec. 7th   ...   or 25th   - (North Pole) ... or 31st/1st of Jan. (NY)

Has their ever been an attack on this scale when the nation has been on such a heightened state of alert?

I know it was a rhetorical question but you're right, it isn't likely anything will happen when everyone is looking. They use fear as a weapon and this is a fear tactic.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I have often wondered what it may be that causes the UN to turn on religion. (Yes, we know it's Jehovah) But Jehovah usually does things in a natural way. Not something wildly out of place.

I suspect these attacks are going to go on happening on some sort of regular basis. They will then suddenly escalate to a large scale worldwide. Thus giving the UN support from many countries, and causing them to have a reason to turn on religion. (which some may dispute, but is behind this, even if only in word)

just a quick recap for those keeping a hit date scorecard of times and/or places to avoid so far:

This Thursday (NY)   ...   or Friday (Mall)

Dec. 7th   ...   or 25th   - (North Pole) ... or 31st/1st of Jan. (NY)

I favor this Thursday (impatient)   but the 1st would be fine too (I'd even stay up to watch "something" come down)

I think it will be dangerous at malls on Friday, the premier of Star Wars (sorry everyone but I think it is dangerous) and New Years parties because they posted that picture of the ISIL on that big screen in the square. But those parades go on all over the states and I think that while they are concerned about NY it is possible they could attack several other places having parades at once. But I hope not...

This Thursday (NY)   ...   or Friday (any Major Mall)

Dec. 7th (not sure of this one?)  ...   or 25th (or this?) - (North Pole) ... or 31st/1st of Jan. (NY)

oh well One down , three (or more) to go - maybe.

They tend to attack when the guard is let down.

reverse strategy!

It is cheaper when the guard is down.

sung to the tune of "What are you doing New Years Eve?"   ...  bet'cha can't get that tune out of your head now, eh?

oh well One down , three (or more) to go - maybe.

reverse strategy!

sung to the tune of "What are you doing New Years Eve?"   ...  bet'cha can't get that tune out of your head now, eh?

Please knock it off with the death watch / countdown to the next terrorist attack.