JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Kenneth Flodin: ‘This Generation Will . . . Not Pass Away’ (Matt. 24:34)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3042 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The focus is to not get comfy or to drift away from exerting ourselves. We must be prepared whether it comes today or 2 years or 5 years etc from now. Jehovah can choose other anointed ones if the ones he hoped would be on board aren't willing. He can also seal all anointed ones as he wills.

All the prophecies have been pretty much fulfilled. I think more, but I am unwilling to share at this time.

Edited by cerebral ecstasy

Really liked the way in which he clarified about Baptism date of brother Franz ! Absolutely amazing!!

Me too. I thought it was a brilliant example of how apparent discrepancies can be easily explained (and the broadcasting facility an excellent medium for that). Apostates are so quick to jump on that sort of thing, so lovely to see it all explained.

Did they read our discussions about that broadcast? The part about speculation taking us all the way until 2040? Maybe it was not only us. I did not understand the relevance of the date of baptism of brother Franz. 1913 or 1914 ? Is there a possibility that during the time between the apostasy in the first century and the 19th century that there were annointed that might not have been formally baptized? Who knows? I mean before 2014 could you not get the call and then get baptized?

Very interesting, I noted that he also mentioned that it was know the current understanding...That suggests that any refinements could possibly take place in the future.. . I have learned in all the years in the truth, that being dogmatic in non doctrinal issues, is time I can spend in upbuilding my family, my brothers and sisters, and being active in the field service.. Like the brother said: avoiding making speculations about when the GT, starts based on the age of the annointed ones?.

Jesud did not give an time-element, in Matthew:24.. He warned us to be prepared, every day, during his parousia(presence), because we don't know when he will return..He will come as a thief in the night. .Thus, vigilance, and being active in the field service, and remaining faithful, and loyal to our King is a so a determinating factor in our days....But like the apostels we are sometimes too curious, and want to know, when exactly he will return, and establish his Millenial Kingdom..so we begin to calculate..

But we have to ask ourselves: Is making calculations or suggesting some arguments, what Jesus really told us to do?

What was the answer Jesus gave his apostels before ascending to the heaven, when asking a time-element for his second coming?

Either date still put his baptism before October 1914, but it was still a discrepancy. This just clears up why there were 2 different dates in print. There isn't some conspiracy to "change" his date to be even earlier for some reason. Nov 1913 WAS his baptism date and April 2014 was a mistake.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I like where he said the end could come this year! I know we've only got a month left but it would be lovely wouldn't it!

This morning worship has just reiterated to me how close we are to the end, it's going to break out any day now. Right now is the time to be busy in the truth, in the ministry, and close to the congregation.

I must admit I was one to calculate that it could go on another 30-40 years after the september broadcast, but it's good to get reminders from Jehovah to not speculate. I'd serve Jehovah whether I got to see the end in my lifetime or not because it's the best life ever. As long as we live as if it could come tomorrow!

What a lovely encouraging talk!

The truth of the matter is, no matter how old that overlapped generation is going to be when the end comes,there will be a 3rd group that is not part of the generation will all come in before the end comes. And that has not happen yet.

Br. Glenn,  I count as friends and acquaintances a number of anointed brothers and sisters who were called in the last 10-15 years.  None of them were anointed when Br. Franz was alive.  So these would be in that 3rd group that Br. Splane (and quoted by Br. Flodin) indicated would be "anointed" but not of the "generation".  They are already here.

Br. Glenn,  I count as friends and acquaintances a number of anointed brothers and sisters who were called in the last 10-15 years.  None of them were anointed when Br. Franz was alive.  So these would be in that 3rd group that Br. Splane (and quoted by Br. Flodin) indicated would be "anointed" but not of the "generation".  They are already here.

I thought Dusty was saying that the 144,000 are still being chosen but the choosing isn't complete yet..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

God's kingdom is in place, we pray, let it come, let it come!!

You know, even the scientists would agree that the way that things are going now, if the days aren't cut short, we could be destroying the earth before 2040.  I just read an article online about a man from one of the Indonesian islands that said that they don't expect their island to last much longer - that the melting of the ice cap will flood it out.

(Just looked it up - the name is Kiribati - a group of islands not far from Brother Jackson's missionary site for 20 years, Tuvalu, which is also another of a number of endangered island nations that are in danger of becoming a modern day Atlantis or Krakatoa - http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/05/world/kiribati-atlantis/index.html )

Don't know if anyone knows James Burke, the British author whose claim to fame was relating how small events led to large changes in our global history.  His thought was that Japan will take the lead in seriously doing something about climate changes (or global warming, as some call it), for obvious reasons.

Edited by rbrown1205

My RV today was so distraught about nuclear war and that earth would be destroyed and has concern for his daughters future. I took him to Ecclessiates 1:4 on my tablet I read that scripture then clicked on the cross reference and let him read the other 4/5 scriptures. He was very thankful. But he realizes things can't keep going on like this!

Our speaker today mentioned Brother Herd's talk explaining the "cutting back" and how those special workers would be changed to regular pioneers.  He used the anthology that say you were on a big cruise ship out in the middle of the ocean and suddenly it strikes something and is slowly sinking - would you want it to sink FAST or would you like people to have more time to get on the life boats?  So we should look to helping more to get into the life boats - of course, most will not think it is an urgent matter and will want to keep doing what they are doing (life in general) sort of like the Titanic - that if they had started evacuating people sooner, then many more lives would have been saved.

So even though we WANT God's Kingdom to come FAST, we need to be thinking about all those souls that will be lost if they cannot be convinced to get into the life boats.  The longer it is, the more Jehovah can pull into the life boats.

(Just looked it up - the name is Kiribati - a group of islands not far from Brother Jackson's missionary site for 20 years, Tuvalu, which is also another of a number of endangered island nations that are in danger of becoming a modern day Atlantis or Krakatoa

We were on a Hawaiian Island cruise that stopped at Fanning Island in the Republic of Kiribati for a day, it was a beautiful area and the highlight of our trip.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D