JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Any good diets or workout routines or fitness tips you want to share?

Recently, I been searching for diets to help cure lethargy and chronic fatigue that I have had ever since I can remember. It's only gotten worse. The best way I can describe it is having a ball and chain attached to my feet. I also can't see for about a minute everytime I get up. I just really am aiming for a diet that gives energy and mental well being (but maybe get toned as well). Just a general diet that anyone has tried that made them feel good. I don't know what to do lol. Keep in mind I'm about 5'1 5'2 and am under 100 pounds.

Sarah

Question regarding your eyesight ..when you get up?

Blind or just fuzzy vision?

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

Hey there Sarah, your body seems to be showing some warning signals, perhaps for an undiagosed condition? Before embarking on any change of diet or exercise - pop along to a doctor for a medical, even if it's a woman doctor to make you feel more comfortable. I'm a little concerned that this along with your insomnia could be indicative of an underlying condition. I don't mean something serious either, just something that might be sorted with a little medical help.

We really care for you sweetheart, and taking into account you are 19, would love to see you enjoying life a little fuller than you seem to be.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Once, I used to play basketball which my father used to play with me. Now, when I wake up, I do routines in my own. Particularly, zumba and whatever dance that me and my mom preferred. I usually take about 30 minutes in about 5 or more songs. I enjoy it because I already memorized it and I can see myself dancing thru our room. I don't want to miss a day not reading our daily text. And sometimes I can sing karaoke when somethings hits me. My karaoke usually take up 2 or more hours because I know the artists and the songs well. Sometimes, I read at home or at school thru Internet of our publications. I enjoy it because I cultivate my patience and also my voice thru the day and night.

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

Have you checked your iron ? sugar levels ?

Mendi (above) has a good point dear.

Mendi being my third altoego - Mindi the quiet one, Mandi the passionate one and Mendi the motherly one. lol.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Hey there Sarah, your body seems to be showing some warning signals, perhaps for an undiagosed condition? Before embarking on any change of diet or exercise - pop along to a doctor for a medical, even if it's a woman doctor to make you feel more comfortable. I'm a little concerned that this along with your insomnia could be indicative of an underlying condition. I don't mean something serious either, just something that might be sorted with a little medical help.

We really care for you sweetheart, and taking into account you are 19, would love to see you enjoying life a little fuller than you seem to be.

good idea maybe I will when I am able to

Not all vitamins are equal - maybe you are not absorbing the one's you are taking.

Do you get check ups for blood levels of various markers? Iron? Blood Sugars? Vitamin D3? B Vitamins? Magnesium? etc. - some have multiple tests for various forms of nutrients.

If you are not able to get to a doctor for testing then start from the basics at home yourself:

How much sleep do you get each night?

How much water are you drinking in 24 hours - and what's the source?

How many servings of vegetables in 24 hours?

How many servings of fruits in 24 hours?

What about protein? meats? fish? dairy? nuts? beans? etc.

How active are you?

There are a number of factors here that could easily be altered by simple changes. You could try a change for a week or so to see if it makes any difference. If you see a little difference try tweaking the change a bit to see if things improve further.

If you haven't really paid attention to all these things you may find keeping a journal, diary, log, etc., something in writing will help you see where you are at now and make it easier to spot areas to consider changes.

Sarah... :wave: please seek medical attention as soon as possible. Hopefully blood panels/analysis will detect any underlining conditions. 

Recently we started using the old style heavy black frying pans as the iron from the metal can be beneficial. Also a green fresh organic juice first thing in the morning helps to put everything in balance. Hopefully you will notice increased energy levels immediately . A slow RPM masticating juicer like the Omega 8006 to preserve the live enzymes,  Greens used in juicing with the highest phyto-nutrients are kale, chard, dandelion greens, mixed with celery, cucumber and sprouts. Whole Foods on Speedway, Oracle or Catalina Foothills is your probably your best source for fresh greens. 

Always listen to your body dear Sis. Sarah...works for us.    :D

Yeah I know I have an iron deficiency. I do take vitamins

I would not rely on vitamins (in my case they were almost useless)

I prefer fresh home made juices - made from organic Kyle, green apples , bit of beetroot , pear and chia seeds etc etc combinations are endless

Please check yourself thoroughly with proper blood test and I have noticed that you describe yourself as a "night owl" on your profile

Perhaps more regular sleep pattern would assist your condition

Let us know how you doing !

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

What ever you do... Do something ..at the very least get yourself checked out and keep a journal...

Status quo may kill you... Not good...

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.