JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Public Talk: How to Walk like David with Righteousness

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2998 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I find this strange. I see no listing for a public talk of this title on s-99-e.

Here are the "How ..." talks as provided by the FS.

How Can Youths Cope With Today’s Crisis? 113 
   How Do You Fit Into the Kingdom Arrangement? 21 
  How Purposeful Is Your Life? 60 
  How Real Is God to You? 150 
  How Should You Serve God? 58 
  How the Kingdom of God Affects You 42 
  How to Conquer Evil With Good 117
  How to Express Love in a Lawless World 112 
  How to Keep Spiritually Awake 71 
  How to Protect Ourselves From Satan’s Snares 115 
  How True Christians Adorn Divine Teaching 157 
  How Well Do You Know God? 1 
Nothing listed for " How to Walk Like David in Righteousness."

Am I missing something here or are brothers starting to makeup their own outlines? We have written instruction on that.

Please, anyone?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

If he is an invited speaker from Bethel he may have his own service talk... Or some things slip through cracks ... ... I think it was around1983 when they said no more personal public talk outlines.. I had a few

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

15 minutes ago, Lance said:

If he is an invited speaker from Bethel he may have his own service talk... Or some things slip through cracks ... emoji15.pngemoji41.pngemoji56.png... I think it was around1983 when they said no more personal public talk outlines.. I had a fewemoji41.png

14 minutes ago, Lance said:

If he is an invited speaker from Bethel he may have his own service talk... Or some things slip through cracks ... emoji15.pngemoji41.pngemoji56.png... I think it was around1983 when they said no more personal public talk outlines.. I had a fewemoji41.png

Could be a Bethlel speaker, but strange that it wasn't mentioned.

Regarding personal public talks. Many had made up their own talks, it became an epidemic. I never saw any instructions, or go-a-head, for making up our own public talks, likewise never saw anything that said we couldn't.  

Our Theocratic Ministry School  did have instructions on choosing a topic and developing a talk, public or otherwise. It was not illogical to think this was the intention for all to make up their own outlines. My personal thinking was that it was getting ahead of the organization. Some of the topics chosen were quite bizarre. I suppose that many felt we didn't have enough outlines available. If my memory serves me correctly I believe there were only about 16  hour talk outlines (or was it 8?) when I gave my first talk in 1957.  

I appreciated the instruction we received to use only outlines from provided by the slave.  In 1983 I probably had about 12 outlines prepared, that would include the wedding, funeral and Memorial outlines.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

42 minutes ago, Alexa said:

I live in Ph so that maybe I got wrong outlines and even theme... how about it's content?

Nothing wrong with the content. A good presentation of the material. We were questioning the source outline since it not on the list of public talk outlines.

Those of us that have coordinated public talk speakers get familiar with all the titles. 

That does not bar out special talks given by Bethel representative. Was your speaker from the Branch?

Ph short for Philippines?

11 hours ago, Alexa said:

No, brother Jerry. I just write things, maybe he tell the title but I got the summary as well, so the theme that wasn't in the outline is what I always got:D

You did a good job of getting the material down. I do not have the ability to even take notes so I admire anyone that can.