JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Favorite movies

Sometimes Gertrude and I  just be channel chasing and come across a movie that we have seen several times, click on it just for a minute and end up watching the whole thing again. This happened last night, we saw  "Shall We Dance" was about to start aso we watched it for probably the fourth time. I highly reccomend it and I seldom reccomend movies.

Two other movies that are hard not to watch on a repeat basis are "The American President" and  "Love Affair".

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

42 minutes ago, Old said:

Sometimes Gertrude and I  just be channel chasing and come across a movie that we have seen several times, click on it just for a minute and end up watching the whole thing again. This happened last night, we saw  "Shall We Dance" was about to start also we watched it for probably the fourth time. I highly recommend it and I seldom recommend movies.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0358135/

Thanks.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 2/11/2016 at 4:56 PM, Tortuga said:

I think some of the chase scenes in Bullitt were filmed behind my grandmother's house.

I have to chuckle every time I watch those chase scenes. YES Grinning.gif 

I think there's like eight hubcaps that go flying off just one of the cars.Laugh Chuckle2.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Talking about movies can lead you straight to.....quicksand.....but here goes---zero, zilch, zip

nil, naught, nada...well, if you need a laugh, I can recommend a couple of sure fire comedic hits...

they'd be...in no particular order:

1.  Trains, Planes and Automobiles...starring Steve Martin and John Candy

Uproariously funny...and I have seen it, maybe, four or five times...it always

cracks me up...simply, a comedy for the ages.

2.    Uncle Buck...starring John Candy, Macaulay Culkin, Amy Madigan

If you can locate the funny bone in your body...your in for a treat...this particular

movie is unbelievably hilarious.

3.     What about Bob?...starring Bill Murray, Richard Dreyfuss, Julie Hagerty

O.K.  I saved the best for last??...Bill Murray lets his comedic genius run wild...

yet, he never breaks character playing Bob, the neurotic patient to a tightly wound

up psychiatrist....the ensuing story line is WAY beyond uproarious!

All three of these movies are **** to ***** stars.

The writer, director and producer of all three movies was:  John Hughes

Now, our sense of humors differ wildly...SO, I am hoping you find these funny and

enjoyable...but if not, well...it's just a movie...right!:uhhuh:

Edited by nanceebgd46

edited sentence

Another my favorite movies are:

1. AGORA. (2009).

2. RISEN (2015); [In this movie you will hear the Name Yahweh few times :) ]

3. BARABBAS (2012).

These are the type of films I really enjoy as they are about Biblical are, biblical history, Bible personages and so on. I believe you too will enjoy if you haven't seen them yet brothers. :)

Edited by Zacchaeus The Short

corrected spelling.

On 12/11/2016 at 10:22 AM, nanceebgd46 said:

1.  Trains, Planes and Automobiles...starring Steve Martin and John Candy

Uproariously funny...and I have seen it, maybe, four or five times...it always

cracks me up...simply, a comedy for the ages.

2.    Uncle Buck...starring John Candy, Macaulay Culkin, Amy Madigan

If you can locate the funny bone in your body...your in for a treat...this particular

movie is unbelievably hilarious.

Now, our sense of humors differ wildly...SO, I am hoping you find these funny and

enjoyable...but if not, well...it's just a movie...right!:uhhuh:

Nancee...If you have a chance,  another hilarious John Candy movie.  

Cool Runnings  Loosely based on a true story , Filmed in Jamaica and Calgary 

Edited by Precision

• 1 month later...

I love gone with the wind because i love to watch Melanie charater.As hard as Scarlett O Hara try  not to like her she like her more....Moonstruck i alway remember the line her mother ask her"Did u tell him u love him?" something like that, and the reason she give for asking , let me think how wrong the world view of love. I love to watch the classic movie because of the words they use alway running for my dictionary and they were closer to the bible saying... I remenber one i was looking at, don't remember the name right now, but the mother told the little boys that father die in a accident and went  to heaven, so the day of the funeral as she hold him   near the coffin  the little boy look down from her arm and said  loudly "Mom u say daddy    went to heaven but he's right there. She turn  to person next to her and say can u please answer him.lol Did anyone sees The God must be crazy? Whenever  i feel  like really lol  that one of the movie i watch.

Too soon to say it is my favorite movie, but I give it a 9 out of 10. Just got back from watching "Hidden Figures" a nd can say even though I never recommend a movie for fear of retallation, I recommend this one. Those of us over 60 can remember those days and we all learned about IBM but we never heard of the hidden figures, human computers. :D Bring a tissue.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

32 minutes ago, Old said:

Too soon to say it is my favorite movie, but I give it a 9 out of 10. Just got back from watching "Hidden Figures" a nd can say even though I never recommend a movie for fear of retallation, I recommend this one. Those of us over 60 can remember those days and we all learned about IBM but we never heard of the hidden figures, human computers. :D Bring a tissue.

My better half and I saw Hidden Figures  movie a week ago or so and thought it was a fine movie.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

This afternoon we saw the movie The Space Between Us. It was a relatively clean movie. It didn't get a very good review by the critics so I figured it would be fairly decent. Other than a sleeping bag scene and a few stolen cares it was free of sex and violence.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

On 12/12/2016 at 0:20 PM, Zacchaeus The Short said:

Another my favorite movies are:

3. BARABBAS (2012).

These are the type of films I really enjoy as they are about Biblical are, biblical history, Bible personages and so on. I believe you too will enjoy if you haven't seen them yet brothers. 

I was curious to see the original movie, so I downloaded it from Google yesterday.  Even though the Scriptures doesn't say what really happened to Barabbus after his release, it was still interesting to watch Hollywood's take on the matter.  Anthony Quinn acting was quite good.

Edited by Omo_Yeme

6 minutes ago, Omo_Yeme said:

I was curious to see the original movie, so I downloaded it from Google yesterday.  Even though the Scriptures doesn't say what really happened to Barabbus after his release, it was still interesting to watch Hollywood's take on the matter.  Anthony Quinn acting was quite good.

There is 1961 version of the movie as well...  going to watch 2 versions if I get my hands on the movies 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

On 2/2/2016 at 5:12 PM, Old said:

Maybe it is just because we prefer what we are familiar with rather than taking chance on an unknown performance.

That is what I do with movies.  I like to watch ones I have seen in the past.  I add a few rare new ones occasionally.

I just saw, for the first time, a movie called "Quo Vidas" (released in 1951.) Even though Hollywood took liberties with the Apostles Peter and Paul, (The Scriptures do not confirm that Peter was ever in Rome), it was still a riveting theatrical piece of work.  The intense persecution of the First Century Christians reached a heart-rendering climax towards the end.  (Mussolini and Hitler could be cast as almost saintly compared to Nero. :wacko:).

Looking for more Bible-themed classics.

Edited by Omo_Yeme

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not a film I would class as a 'favourite' but my wife and I recently enjoyed watching Going In Style at the cinema (Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Alan Arkin, Christopher Lloyd, Ann-Margret) although the language is not the best!

It stimulated me to watch the 1979 Going In Style with George Burns, which I also enjoyed. Similar stories but totally different treatments.

Though I missed the movie version of Virginia vs. Loving (the movie version was just "Loving"), I did watch the tv version and enjoyed it. 

I enjoyed shows like that because, for one, I absolutely love law. Another reason is, especially with "Loving" is our mother trained us that EVERYONE is the same.

Then there is my own genetic background so that makes me sensitive to the ridiculousness of racial fights. Oh Im aware of the background of my own African American/Native American treatment, sure I am. Yet, I've never shared the hatred of the world towards Caucasians, even before I began to study. I've always felt it was STUPID. For one thing I felt and feel that it would cause me to hate my spiritual and fleshly family.

Of course that attitude gave me backlashes in the community but oh well.

Another reason is I know the truth, the REAL truth about racial hatred and it really has nothing to do with humans today. It all started with an angel. 

(ummm uh oh, if I went overboard on this particular thread, well y'all know what to do, lol).

Edited by Luezette

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2016 at 0:01 PM, Miss Bea said:

Do you have a favorite movie you have, or can watch 5 times, and still enjoy it?

50 First Dates

Monster-in-law

Oh wait, you said and still enjoy it. It seems as if my wife watches those all of the time. But what are ya gonna do? :shrugs:

Okay, I have to admit. I still enjoy parts of them sometimes. :uhhuh: