JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Words And Phrases That Won't Be In The Dictionary Or Our Vocabulary In The New World

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2504 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Malignant.

Inoperable.

2 hours ago, Jackson said:

I'm tired

Methinks we will still need sleep ;) But I know you were talking about some form of fatigue.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

So, the conversation with a young person in the New System:

Son:  "Mom, let's walk from the Atlantic to the Pacific? All my friends are doing it!"

You: "Over my dead body"

Son: "What is a dead body?"

You: " Well, it was an expression used a long time ago to mean 'I'd rather be dead than do that'

Son: "What is it like to be dead---to be old--to be sick---to be dying---etc"

You: "Go ask your father"

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

6 hours ago, JudyO said:

So, the conversation with a young person in the New System:

Son:  "Mom, let's walk from the Atlantic to the Pacific? All my friends are doing it!"

You: "Over my dead body"

Son: "What is a dead body?"

You: " Well, it was an expression used a long time ago to mean 'I'd rather be dead than do that'

Son: "What is it like to be dead---to be old--to be sick---to be dying---etc"

You: "Go ask your father"

Lol! Yes conversations like that will eventually be a thing of the past. Thanks for the skit.

6 hours ago, JudyO said:

The list is so extensive we will constantly be correcting our speech and/or explaining what we used to mean by saying (that phrase)!

Well we will have an eternity to change or correct our speech if needed. You're absolutely right.

6 minutes ago, bohemian said:

Noooooooooooooooooo!

Now you've got my brain to thinking about if, we will be allowed to continue eating meat. Probably won't need it after our body reaches a certain point or as we grow closer to perfection. Adam and Eve didn't eat me.

2 minutes ago, Alexa said:

Kidding, I hope she was a witness today

2 minutes ago, Alexa said:

Kidding, I hope she was a witness today

I hope so too. One thing is for sure, a good sense of humor will always be around. Some of the comments I've read are very funny. Lol! :D