JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Our little dog Chillie has been escaping.I could not find where. So I waited for my wife to go up to the shop. Just to be sure I got her to take the second dog. I expected little Chillie to go straight for her escape hole, but no luck. I sat down quietly and waited. After 10 minutes she got up and went outside. Quietly I followed, making sure she did not see me. After going outside she wondered around the yard, all the while checking to see If anyone was watching. Evidently satisfied she headed for her escape hole which was behind a bush, took another look around and snuck behind the bush. I thought for sure she was going to escape at this point, but no, she poked her head out one last time to check the coast was clear, before heading out under the peice of loose wire. The fence is fixed now, but I am amazed at how carefully she hid her tracks.

HAs anyone else had a similar experience?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9afd2a0r4yx6gs6/2016-02-07%2016.53.52.jpg?dl=0

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

24 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

Does my golden retriever sneaking my three slices of pizza and leaving the pizza box "neatly"  on the counter constitute an antic? 

What about the many times he got out his "secure"  crate?  We nicknamed him Houdini after the first time.

Best pooch ever. 

That is exactly what I'm on about. The way they show their inteligence in ways we don't expect.

To give another example, I used to have 2 papillions. They would escape through a paling fence by cooperating. One would get its claw behind a loose paling and pull its forward and hold it there while the second dog snuck through. Then this dog would push on the paling so the first dog could let go and come through. They were even seen to nudge the paling so that it dropped neatly back into place and hide the evidence.

I grew up with with a golden retreiver. Her favorite game was reteiving a small chocolate lollie that I would throw into a bucket of water. Water and bubbles went everywhere.  We would then fill the bucket and start again. We children were amused for hours.