JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

April Broadcast

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2907 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Keep the Pace video was filmed in Sydney.  Recognise my old stamping ground :)

57039a7d3b316_SydneyKeepthePace.jpg.1a37

And I heartily concur - this was a brilliant program!  What I'm taking away is that this is a huge encouragement boost to help us with what's just around the corner.  Jehovah always provides us with what is needed at the right time.

Edited by hatcheckgirl

I cry but keeping it inside... Very very encouraging, all of my words inside my head were used by those who were interviewed. Very awesome. I needed to watch it again and again because my native tongue is filipino, there's something that I shouldn't been a problem because we are all brothers and sisters despite the nationalities

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

My source was from a man called Isaiah, and also backed up by many others.  Also braille and large print books will no longer be needed.

Initial testing was done about 2,000 years ago, and now the time is almost right to put it into full-scale, worldwide practice :).

8 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Did he say the interviews were a NEW video series?

EDIT: Nevermind..

http://tv.jw.org/#en/video/VODIntExp/pub-jwbiv_201604_4_VIDEO

I think this serves a good purpose. We get to meet the people, in a sense, instead of only reading about them in our magazines.

Secondly, this makes it impossible for us to be accused of quoting them "out of context" which has proven to be a sure-fire way for opposers to distract others from the point. I also like how those interviewed examined creation FIRST before considering the Bible, and how they hold academic degrees. This is another dagger in the lie that only "uneducated" or ignorant people only believe in creation.

Its a good example to the house of faith that you can be a believer in creation and Jehovah, while loving and appreciating nature and science. Atheists and apostates like to dichotomize the two.

6 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

Enjoyed the part on the sign-language.  Amazing work.

However, I have it on good authority that all the sign-language congregations and groups, as well as the sign-languages videos and dvds will be done away with.

Ha ha ha! You almost got us there Jonathan. Good one.  

On 4/4/2016 at 10:42 AM, Sheep said:

You Can Be Patient!

Also, the April broadcast now has its own link. (They thought we had been patient long enough.)

:thumbsup: and topic pinned.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Hope no one took my comment earlier seriously.  In my musings today, I was thinking about what other things in Jehovah's organisation will no longer be needed in the new system.

No more sign language congregations and videos, or any more braille.

No need for a legal department as no one will be opposing our work, and no abusers will make it into paradise.

No more Hospital Liaison.

No Financial or accounts departments.

No more disaster relief.

Translation offices (maybe?)

No need to print books about creation/evolution, or why there suffering. 

Also as the brother said in the broadcast, for a deaf person sign-language is their main language, and the spoken/printed language is secondary.  For a person born deaf, who have never heard the spoken language, when Jesus does open their ears, will they understand what is being spoken or will they need to learn what the sounds mean?  When Jesus cured the deaf while he was earth, they seemed to understand what was being spoken.  Does this mean he also implanted the understanding of what the sounds of the language mean in their minds?  Maybe a subject for another topic.

58 minutes ago, Jonathan77 said:

For a person born deaf, who have never heard the spoken language, when Jesus does open their ears, will they understand what is being spoken or will they need to learn what the sounds mean?  When Jesus cured the deaf while he was earth, they seemed to understand what was being spoken.  Does this mean he also implanted the understanding of what the sounds of the language mean in their minds?  Maybe a subject for another topic.

This is a good thought .....

....... Off to start that new thread

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

2 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

For a person born deaf, who have never heard the spoken language, when Jesus does open their ears, will they understand what is being spoken or will they need to learn what the sounds mean?  When Jesus cured the deaf while he was earth, they seemed to understand what was being spoken.  Does this mean he also implanted the understanding of what the sounds of the language mean in their minds?  Maybe a subject for another topic.

Yes, because Mark 7:31-36 says:  "31 When Jesus returned from the region of Tyre, he went through Siʹdon to the Sea of Galʹi·lee, through the region of De·capʹo·lis. 32 Here they brought him a deaf man with a speech impediment, and they pleaded with him to lay his hand on him. 33 And he took him aside privately, away from the crowd. Then he put his fingers into the man’s ears, and after spitting, he touched his tongue. 34 And looking up into heaven, he sighed deeply and said to him: “Ephʹpha·tha,” that is, “Be opened.” 35 At this his ears were opened, and his speech impediment was removed, and he began speaking normally. 36 With that he ordered them not to tell anyone, but the more he would order them, the more they would proclaim it. "

So, after the deaf man was cured, he began speaking normally. That involves the understanding of what the sounds of the language mean.

A very touching broadcasting! One of the best. And the trailers...wow! Our Brothers keep the pace with the times we live in. And we should keep the pace with them too. :) 

Edited by Daniela

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

Thoroughly enjoyed the part of the brother who is both deaf and blind....my heart degonately goes out to him....To think that a petson, devoid of these essential senses can play a vital role in Jehovah's service really as shows the kind of precious people gods people are. Had he been in another church, he would have been seen as somebody to be pittied and never to be given a time of day to express his love for Jehovah publically. He sets a stifling example for us all.

What was your first reaction to this picture?

If you were there, would you go to the left or to the right?

57095352c9d05_LeftorRight.JPG.2fca1f3599

My first reaction is to go uphill to the right...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

25 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

What was your first reaction to this picture?

If you were there, would you go to the left or to the right?

57095352c9d05_LeftorRight.JPG.2fca1f3599

My first reaction is to go uphill to the right...

Go uphill and then you can see your surroundings.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13