JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Is there an updated version of the Chinese Bible

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2910 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

A brother and I have a Chinese study and friend got him the Chinese Bible but I'm not sure if that's an updated version or not.  Is there an updated version of the Chinese Bible (2013)

Edited by a3a27988

On 24/4/2016 at 3:46 AM, a3a27988 said:

I kind of thought that it might not be the updated Bible, thank you for responding to my request 

Also take into account that there are two different versions of the Chinese Bible: People from mainland China use simplified characters while in Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan they use traditional characters. People who can read one set of characters will not be able to read fluently the other set.

So it's good to ask where your student is from and obtain the Bible with the corresponding set of characters.

• 2 weeks later...

@bohemian is correct. We definitely haven't received the revised NWT in Chinese yet. However, there will be a Special Convention in Taiwan later this year in November where all of Taiwan is assigned to this convention including the foreign language congregations.

Furthermore, there likely will be unofficial Chinese speaking attendees at this special convention as well. Most of the Chinese speaking friends in the world wold probably will be at this convention. Therefore, many are suspicious of this and are hoping that the GB will take advantage of this opportunity to present the revised NWT in Chinese. Of course, we don't know for sure that this will happen, but wouldn't it be convenient for the GB to do this at that time? We'll know in six months.