JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A letter read to the friends in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2872 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

All the congregation IN RUSSIA

Subject: Spiritual strength, despite difficulties

Dear brothers and sisters!

In recent years, the Kingdom of the matter is expanding at an unprecedented rate. You, dear brothers and sisters, are following in the footsteps of Jesus Christ. Love for Jehovah God and for people It motivates you to share the good news from the Bible with anyone who wants to listen. we proud of your faith in these difficult times, and sincerely want to commend you for your zeal in the service of God, as well as tact and respect in dealing with neighbors (1 Pet. 3:15). the Yet we continue to receive reports that in different parts of our territory there are certain difficulties in the ministry. Although we, as people of God, try carefully observe the laws of Caesar, some are trying to "do evil with the help of the law" (Psalm 94:20;. Mark 12:17). How should we relate to it?

Already in the beginning of his ministry, Jesus warned his disciples: "Be careful with people, because they will deliver you up to local courts "(Matt. 10:17). The events of the first century have shown that although part of the collection to enjoy the world, yet from time to time, as Jesus warned, difficulties could arise (Acts. 9:31). This is happening today. But that should not frighten us, because it also shows the approaching end of this system of things. On the contrary, it is especially important to continue awake (Luke 21:36).

Such circumstances encourage each of us to strengthen our faith through sincere prayer, careful study of the Bible and zealous service. And since we We strive to glorify Jehovah in good works, that silences our opponents, and draws people to God's organization, which opens them to praise Jehovah and gain eternal life (1 Peter 2:15;. Acts 13:48.). but circumstances change, and we are forbidden to participate in some of our activities to which we are accustomed. Nevertheless, we have many opportunities to bear the good news. The best way to prevent the enemy of Jehovah - is to increase its participation in the service (2 Peter 1: 5-8.). We also even more important to really appreciate our joint meetings where we get the encouragement and strengthening of (Heb. 10:24, 25).

We do not know exactly how things will develop in our circumstances territory. Whatever it was, our efforts remain spiritually strong and to serve with all soul will bear fruit. In the new world, we will be happy to remember, as the kept the dedication and integrity in the last days. We are very proud of you and really we love you. Continue to observe the obvious evidence that no force can prevent Jesus as King, to protect its Christian congregation, that it, in turn, could proclaim the message of the Kingdom throughout the world (Matt. 28: 18-20).

With warm Christian love,

Your brothers,

cc: circuit overseer

Subject: Spiritual strength, despite difficulties

May 10, 2016

It seems to me that if this letter was meant to be read by every JW they would have sent it to every JW.  

Strikes me as reading someones private mail.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

4 minutes ago, Old said:

It seems to me that if this letter was meant to be read by every JW they would have sent it to every JW.  

Strikes me as reading someones private mail.

And the translation isn't very good.  Lots of 'typos' as read in English.  And I think if send from the GB, it would be a 'little more'...if you know what I mean.  It doesn't really say WHO it's from.

Edited by Brenda

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

9 hours ago, Brenda said:

And the translation isn't very good.  Lots of 'typos' as read in English.  And I think if send from the GB, it would be a 'little more'...if you know what I mean.  It doesn't really say WHO it's from.

I think it's a doctored-up Google translation of a Russian letter... but I'm not so sure since I can't read Russian. (Nor am I sure if it's official.)

Edited by Sheep

removed link

Moderators, are we allowed to post official letters from the GB in there entirety on JWTalk?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

3 hours ago, Sheep said:

In view of Brother Jerry's post above, I removed the link from my post (#6). If you would like the link, send me a PM, but only if you can read Russian.

3 hours ago, Sheep said:

In view of Brother Jerry's post above, I removed the link from my post (#6). If you would like the link, send me a PM, but only if you can read Russian.

Thanks Eric, I don't know if posting is OK, that's why I asked the question.

I was referring ,in the main, to the first post.

On 5/14/2016 at 5:12 PM, Old said:

Moderators, are we allowed to post official letters from the GB in there entirety on JWTalk?

Short answer - if they are "To the Congregation" - YES.

If they are to the BOE - No.

Letters for the congregation are to be posted on the information board - and hence they are available "to the public" - especially since we have been inviting more and more of the public to our meetings! :yes: 

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

15 hours ago, trottigy said:

Short answer - if they are "To the Congregation" - YES.

If they are to the BOE - No.

Letters for the congregation are to be posted on the information board - and hence they are available "to the public" - especially since we have been inviting more and more of the public to our meetings! :yes: 

The letter quoted in the opening post was addressed to all congregations. However, not all of the letter was quoted in that post. It skipped what was printed on the second page. (I had a link to the Russian letter in post #6, but I removed it afterward.) A very rough Google translation of that last part says:

Note to the body of elders:

Please read the letter at the next meeting. It should not be placed on the information board. Please ensure that this letter heard proclaimer each meeting, including those who can not attend the meetings. We ask you to help publishers increase their faith and to participate in various kinds of service. Help your brothers and sisters to develop a positive attitude and trust in Jehovah (Isa 26:3, 4). His example of devotion to strengthen assembly (Acts 15:32, 41).

The fact that it should not be posted on the information board made me wonder if it should have been quoted here too. It seems to have been intended for only the publishers of each congregation, not the general public.

2 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Plus,  we do not post images of the actual letter.  No letterhead,  no signatures.  

I remember that. That's why I removed the link from my post above.

Eric, you did well.

Thanks for keeping us up to date and for doing your best to follow directions.

We'll do our best to keep our brothers and sisters in mind, pray for them, and do our best to not harm them (whether they are our brothers in Russia or ones closer to home. :wink:  )

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 0:50 AM, trottigy said:

We'll do our best to keep our brothers and sisters in mind, pray for them (...)

And it works... last Sunday (5/23/2016 3:30PM) we have the privilege to listen brother Marc Matson from Russia branch. He said: "your prayers are powerful... because the branch office is still open !"

He told us that we should have soon official news and development on jw.org ^_^

Edited by peper-eliot

• 3 weeks later...

This letter probably proved timely for our brothers who experienced this:- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GyWp6rrcYV0

Edited by trottigy

Correction

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

2 hours ago, juliansan said:

I don't think that this are our brothers. The tent says "Christian Library" and has a logo that I have never seen before. 

Isn't any promotion of JW.org banned within Russia? That would include watchtower and JW.org logos wouldn't it?

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

4 hours ago, juliansan said:

I don't think that this are our brothers. The tent says "Christian Library" and has a logo that I have never seen before. 

I thought so too when I saw it. Whoever they were, they retained their composure and did not retaliate... just like we would have done. There was a clear contrast between the way both groups acted. I commend whoever those victims were for the way they kept their cool.

3 hours ago, MentalProject said:

Isn't any promotion of JW.org banned within Russia? That would include watchtower and JW.org logos wouldn't it?

This video is old, more than 3 years. At this time, the jw.org website didn't exist. This video you linked here, is a reupload. 

I'm not sure they were JWs either.  I noticed the man let the women take the brunt of the abuse.  He stayed in the background and seemed more concerned with brushing the water off himself.  I don't know of any brothers who wouldn't step forth to protect the sisters and try to calm the situation.  My Elders would certainly step forward.

But whoever they were, they did have good composure and didn't retaliate.  

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

3 hours ago, juliansan said:

This video is old, more than 3 years. At this time, the jw.org website didn't exist. This video you linked here, is a reupload. 

I would be interested if you could find the evidence of this. I wouldn't want to share something that was untrue. There must be an original video somewhere with a more later date attached to it.

What I really don't like is going to an youtube link and the first thing below the video are all that apostate propaganda and garbage :(

Isn't that a way to share a link where the video starts to play and we don't need to go to youtube and see that? 

1 hour ago, jayrtom said:

What I really don't like is going to an youtube link and the first thing below the video are all that apostate propaganda and garbage :(

Isn't that a way to share a link where the video starts to play and we don't need to go to youtube and see that? 

You used to be able to have just the video played here on the forum without going to YouTube. I don't think you can do that anymore. I find anything with JW or Jehovah in the title on YouTube shows up apostate videos on the sides to click on. I've grown a bit numb to it all as I just ignore anything like that. It would be good if we could just watch the video straight from this forum.