JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Warwick nearly complete

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2548 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Nice article:

Jehovah's Witnesses new world HQ nearly complete

Residents to move into 'green' facilities this September

PUBLISHED JUN 9, 2016 AT 5:42 PM (UPDATED JUN 10, 2016)

print.gif email.gif     Make text smaller Make text larger ShareThis

Photos

• AR-160609936.jpg&q=100&maxw=550&maxh=500

Photos by Erika Norton A volunteer effort of more than 25,000 came together to construct the 1.6 million square-foot Jehovah's Witnesses world headquarters in Sterling Forest.

• EP-160609936.jpg&q=100&maxw=550&maxh=500

The four residence buildings will house the 800 to 850 Jehovah's Witnesses who will live and work on campus, with room for a maximum of about 1,000.

The headquarters has a scenic view of Sterling Forest Lake (Blue Lake).

Some of the apartment-style residence buildings have a view of the lake as well.

All of the flat roofs throughout the site are "green roofs," with a growing medium that helps absorb moisture.

As the residents accomplish their ministerial work at the headquarters, they are provided with housing, meals, healthcare, and a small allowance each month.

Photo provided by jw.org The campus consists of eight buildings, including four residence buildings, a large office building, two maintenance buildings and a parking garage.

BY ERIKA NORTON

WARWICK — The new Jehovah's Witnesses World Headquarters located in Sterling Forest will be completed in August, thanks to the help of more than 25,000 volunteers from across the country who contributed to its construction. 

Some of the volunteers have stayed at the site since ground breaking three years ago, such as spokesperson for Jehovah's Witnesses, Richard Devine, and his wife, while others have come for a week or a three-day weekend. With more than 1.2 million Jehovah's Witnesses in the United States, many of which own construction businesses or work in construction, there is a high skill level working on the project.

“As Jehovah's Witnesses,” Devine said, “we feel it's a real privilege to help with the building of the headquarters.” 

The entire campus, which borders Sterling Forest Lake (Blue Lake), consists of eight buildings, including four residence buildings and a large office building, where the 800 to 850 Witnesses will live and work. There are also two maintenance buildings and a parking garage. 

Those that will be living at the 1.6 million square-foot world headquarters will start moving in this September, with the entire Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society slowly moving out of Brooklyn, the organization's location since 1909. Residents all have taken a vow to be members of a religious order, according to Devine, and as they accomplish their ministerial work in connection with the headquarters, the order in turn provides housing, meals, health care, and a small allowance each month to cover incidental expenses, like toothpaste and socks.

And as far as children, Devine said that even though Jehovah's Witnesses in general are very family-oriented, the world headquarters staff is made up of only single or married adults. If any couples decide to have children, they would leave and settle down to a more traditional home life elsewhere. There is no stigma attached to deciding to have children and no longer living at the headquarters, he said, and it is considered to be a personal decision.

“It's a way of life that's different than most,” Devine said, “but it is very rewarding.”

READ Complete article

http://www.warwickadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20160609/NEWS01/160609936/Jehovah's-Witnesses-new-world-HQ-nearly-complete

It does look amazing.

There are signs on many of the facility items that say, "Not available until Sept 1". That seems to be when we are completely open for business. The residence buildings are open and housing the workers who are finishing up. 

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

excellent article and video - so positive and honest!!  Oh how my heart yearns to be able to see it all with my own eyes  - too far and too expensive for me to get there in this system  -  but in the new system I'm GOING!!

I'm sure the brothers will produce an excellent video to show us around when it's done so I don't feel too bad... 

Edited by sunshine

21 minutes ago, Araujo JW said:

My sincere wish is that the dedication program of new World Headquarters will be transmitted via Internet to all the brothers in the world. Have you thought?

Either they will do that or (and I think this is more realistic) they will put the dedication program on JW Broadcasting.

4 hours ago, Omo_Yeme said:

Wow... A pre-tour!  Thank you Bro. Cristino. :)

wait a minute, didn't anyone notice that was the very same video that was included in the article Musky quoted in the OP   ???   ...   

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: I visited my older brother's congregation this past Tuesday and, during the announcements segment, a letter was read to the congregation that Warwick Bethel will be open for tours beginning Monday April 3, 2017!   :ecstatic:

As I further recall from the letter, there will be two self-guided (SG) tours and one guided tour of the premises and buildings.  The SG tours are an expanded display of "The Divine Name " Bible display as well as the display entitled "A People for God's Name."  The guided tour will last for 20 minutes only; however, there will be area(s) where the friends can picnic on the grounds in-between tours.  There will also be an online system to let the Warwick Tour Desk know when your car or bus group is arriving.  The tours will begin at 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. weekdays.  

I regret I didn't take notes during that announcement but that's all this old mind can remember at the moment!

Before the brother barely finished saying "Amen" I dashed over to talk to the coordinator for that congregation's Bethel trip and he assured me that he would save me two seats on the tour bus.   On my way.....:scooter:

7 minutes ago, Omo_Yeme said:

UPDATE: I visited my older brother's congregation this past Tuesday and, during the announcements segment, a letter was read to the congregation that Warwick Bethel will be open for tours beginning Monday April 3, 2017!   :ecstatic:

As I further recall from the letter, there will be two self-guided (SG) tours and one guided tour of the premises and buildings.  The SG tours are an expanded display of "The Divine Name " Bible display as well as the display entitled "A People for God's Name."  The guided tour will last for 20 minutes only; however, there will be area(s) where the friends can picnic on the grounds in-between tours.  There will also be an online system to let the Warwick Tour Desk know when your car or bus group is arriving.  The tours will begin at 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. weekdays.  

I regret I didn't take notes during that announcement but that's all this old mind can remember at the moment!

Before the brother barely finished saying "Amen" I dashed over to talk to the coordinator for that congregation's Bethel trip and he assured me that he would save me two seats on the tour bus.   On my way.....:scooter:

......same letter read last week at our meeting.....

3 hours ago, Omo_Yeme said:

Thats just one week before the 2017 Memorial (Tuesday April 11, 2017)   .... and no more Theocratic calendars

...   wonder how world conditions will be by then?   ...   Keep moving forward!

Edited by timpin

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So...just decided that our next and last holiday in this system will be April 2017

Bethel tour HQ Warwick and also the "Woman and the Seed" Museum tour ...again...

maybe also the "Integrity" Tour...again ....plus the Stanley Theater.....

Looking forward to an exciting and spiritual holiday!!!.......if the great Tribulation doesn't start before......

• 5 weeks later...