JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Brexit Ramifications

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2746 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Just read in the Korean TImes, that their money "Won" went down a lot due to England separating itself from the EU Union.  So then the people S.K., said that if N.K. tries anything against them they are all willing to fight to the last (except we know it does not include our brothers over there).  So this to me is a unique report, prophecy in motion and I can only pray that the end comes next year (if that is Jehovah's will).   

I've been following this Brexit issue for a while and there seemed to be a pretty strong consensus that the Remain side would win right up to the night of the vote.

But as a Witness we all recognize the world was prophesied to become increasingly ungovernable. So for us I don't think it's as big a surprise as it is to the rest of the world. Clearly,  government, media, and financial leaders underestimated how "the people" really felt. 

I do admit, however, that I will be afraid to look at my 401K figures for a bit. 

Perhaps, for a very long time.

51 minutes ago, Sallyforth said:

I've been following this Brexit issue for a while and there seemed to be a pretty strong consensus that the Remain side would win right up to the night of the vote.

But as a Witness we all recognize the world was prophesied to become increasingly ungovernable. So for us I don't think it's as big a surprise as it is to the rest of the world. Clearly,  government, media, and financial leaders underestimated how "the people" really felt. 

I do admit, however, that I will be afraid to look at my 401K figures for a bit. 

Perhaps, for a very long time.

My 401k is all in a fixed income fund.  It doesn't make much but it never loses any.  But whatever, as long as I do my part, Jehovah will provide my needs.

not only in Greece................

also http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-25/australians-overseas-hit-by-commbank-currency-suspension/7542866

Australians around the world are reporting an inability to access their money after the Commonwealth Bank suspended currency exchanges in the wake of the Brexit referendum result.

IMG_20160624_153502_300.jpg

1 hour ago, Witness1970 said:

My 401k is all in a fixed income fund.  It doesn't make much but it never loses any.  But whatever, as long as I do my part, Jehovah will provide my needs.

The majority of mine is too but some of it's effected by the global economy. I worked for the government and it was a painless way to save. I expect I'll lose it all eventually but it does help in emergencies.

A lot of my work colleagues couldn't believe it. One guy was scared stiff. How is it going to go on? I said, I dunno. Somehow, some way, it will go on. It always has, hasn't it? Europe worked before the EU, and I'm sure we will still have food on our table in two year's time when #Brexit has actually been pushed through.

I also said a lot can happen till then.

Speaking of a lot happening, Ireland is now actually talking about a reunion. But it really has been a day of little tremors.