JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Brexit Ramifications

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2752 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

14 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

johnson_trump-620x412.jpg

*** w09 2/15 p. 3 par. 6 Highlights From the Book of Revelation—II ***
13:11-13—How does the wild beast with two horns act like a dragon and make fire come down out of heaven? The fact that the two-horned wild beast—the Anglo-American World Power—speaks like a dragon indicates that it uses threats, pressure, and violence to enforce acceptance of its form of rulership. It makes fire come out of heaven in that it assumes a prophetlike role by claiming to have conquered the forces of evil in the two world wars of the 20th century and to have won a victory over Communism.
:popcorn::popcorn:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Brexit is not such a surprise 

first of all Britain is part of the 2 headed Anglo American power 

( the 2 headed wild beast)

I guess it only goes back to where it belongs ....

The United States will be happy to strengthen its special relationship it has with Britain.

and so the King of the South may become even stronger .

Their heart was never with Europe but is with the U.S. And commonwealth.

Do they divorce with Europe to remarry with the U.S. ?

:uhhuh:

Interesting times ahead 

keep on the watch....

15 minutes ago, Hannah said:

Brexit is not such a surprise 

first of all Britain is part of the 2 headed Anglo American power 

( the 2 headed wild beast)

I guess it only goes back to where it belongs ....

The United States will be happy to strengthen its special relationship it has with Britain.

and so the King of the South may become even stronger .

Their heart was never with Europe but is with the U.S. And commonwealth.

Do they divorce with Europe to remarry with the U.S. ?

:uhhuh:

Interesting times ahead 

keep on the watch....

Sounds like a a soap opera.

I've been thinking for a few years now that Johnson will be prime minister one day but I still don't believe Trump will be president. I've said for years Clinton is going to be president. Let's see what happens. Interesting times ahead. :rockon:

The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning, but the heart of the stupid is in the house of rejoicing. (Ecclesiastes 4:7)

11 minutes ago, Thike Salvmu said:

I've been thinking for a few years now that Johnson will be prime minister one day but I still don't believe Trump will be president. I've said for years Clinton is going to be president. Let's see what happens. Interesting times ahead. :rockon:

I've been saying for a year now Trump won't last.  And I've been wrong each time I said that.  So I'm resigned to the fact he might win in November. 

7 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

There are some other possible"exists":

Grexit

Departugal

Italeave

Czechout

Oustria

Finish

Slovakout

Latervia

Byegium

Not meaning anything offensive folks, just seeing the humour in these.  We've already checked out, haven't we? :)

Those are hilarious names for separation referendums. In the province of Quebec, Canada, they've been through two referendums (1980 and 1995), the "yes" side wanting to exit from Canada. In both, the "no" side won, the latter being extremely close. However they never had any names like the above. I guess us Canadians don't have much imagination. :nope:

54 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Umm... I'm not sure what to think of this. Now, after all that, 1½ million  want to get back in?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36629324

I think the polls led people to believe the vote would go the other way so I assume a lot of people did not vote, now they want to vote.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

Umm... I'm not sure what to think of this. Now, after all that, 1½ million  want to get back in?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36629324

The vote was only 52%-48% in favour of leaving. 

Some voted Leave as a protest against the ruling elite in general as opposed to really wanting to leave the EU, not expecting Leave to win.   Some of these people are already regretting their decision.

Many of those signing the petition will be people who voted Remain anyway.

Interestingly, Nigel Farage, one of the leading lights of the  Leave side said a few days before the vote that a 52%-48% vote in  favour of Remain was too close and a second referendum would be in  order.  He is strangely silent on the subject now his side won...

I have been listening to the comments on the discussion programs on the BBC Radio 4 (used to be the Home Service - main station years ago). They spoke of Mr Obama, at one point, before the British Leave/Remain EU referendum, preferring Britain in Europe, but now,  since Brexit, reiterating that the 2 countries still have a special relationship - So the Anglo-American alliance could be ever clearer in line with prophecy.

Europe is suffering a great ripple effect over what Britain has done and it could spark other countries having votes to leave - Frexit (France), and so on  - Partugal, etc (funny list previously posted!!) which also fulfills the 'clay not mixing with the iron' Daniel prophecy and shows up/breaks up any other strong world alliances, leaving Anglo-America as the main opposition in line with further prophecies.

Then the commentators of the BBC spoke of the countries bordering Russia feeling threatened by Russia and weakened because of Brexit and the oceanic heave of disturbance it has caused throughout Europe. At present Russia was letting out "I told you so - your not as united as you thought" kinds of statements. Will Russia feel they can take advantage of this ongoing disquiet to do some more pushing, in line with prophecy??

Exciting times - we sit on the sidelines, neutrally watching it all unfold and hoping that those we love, who we have Witnessed to in the past, may remember some of what we have said and it shakes them to act in the right way before it is too late.

I was just thinking... The US and Britain will be the leading world power when the tribulation begins. And the talk now is that Britain will loose its status as Europes financial center. And since Scotland wants to leave and maybe also Northern Ireland, isn't that making Britain weaker? 

Even though USA still is a world power, but its other part Britain might be getting weaker and loose influence.

Just feels like this is showing how close we are.

20 minutes ago, LindaViktoria said:

I was just thinking... The US and Britain will be the leading world power when the tribulation begins. And the talk now is that Britain will loose its status as Europes financial center. And since Scotland wants to leave and maybe also Northern Ireland, isn't that making Britain weaker? 

Even though USA still is a world power, but its other part Britain might be getting weaker and loose influence.

Perhaps there is not much time left in this system of things for UK to become really weaker than it is  ???? (Daily text today)

Edited by Gregexplore

added more info

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

26 minutes ago, LindaViktoria said:

Just how much weaker would the UK really be without Scotland or Northern Ireland?  Would it really make that much difference?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2016/06/24/the-british-are-frantically-googling-what-the-eu-is-hours-after-voting-to-leave-it/?postshare=4241466868310960&tid=ss_fb

The British are frantically Googling what the E.U. is, hours after voting to leave it

The whole world is reeling after a milestone referendum in Britain to leave the European Union. And although leaders of the campaign to exit Europe are crowing over their victory, it seems many Britons may not even know what they had actually voted for.

Awakening to a stock market plunge and a precipitous decline in the value of the pound that Britain hasn't seen in more than 30 years, voters now face a series of economic shocks that analysts say will only worsen before they improve. The consequences of the leave vote will be felt worldwide, even here in the United States, and some British voters say they now regret casting a ballot in favor of Brexit.

And then we have the practical side of things. ...

At airports as British citizens do we now head through the 'non eu'exit ?

Here there is talk about border controls on the north and  south of Ireland. ..

And what about poor little Gibraltar? ? Surrounded by Spain....it's always been a difficult little rock to govern. ..how will Spain view things now !

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

What if having left Europe, the whole EU starts to crumble and other countries want to vote themselves out of it, then it would not matter if Britain wasn't at it's financial centre anyway. The only strong country in the rest of EU financially seems to be Germany anyway, other countries there are weakened by financial problems and austerity worse than UK. 

Financial markets always reel in uncertain times and then rebalance when the dust settles. It's early days yet to see how big changes impact on the World.

People regretting the Brexit makes me think of another prophecy 

in the book of Revelation when Babylon the Great will have been destroyed... The kings of the eath and the merchants will mourn and cry about her regretting her destruction  (rev 18:10,11)

the scene of the world is changing rapidly

:superman:

There's not a lot of credibility given to a petition filled in by known anarchists and Anonymous, especially for the thousands of signatures purporting to be from Vatican City that only has a population of 800 and not entitled to vote, neither the thousands of signatures faked and said to be from North Korea - also not entitled to vote. This petition is a scam ignored by serious media.

Democratic countries tend not to keep asking for votes on the same issue until they get the answer they want, so I doubt any calls for another vote will be heeded.

Scotland may be the one to watch on this issue, as most people there voted to stay in the Union with the rest of the UK in 2014, but it was on condition UK was still in EU and most Scots voted to Remain, so are not happy with the outcome.