JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Complete list of all videos from all our sites?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2842 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I have a personal project (I don't know if I will ever complete it) but here it is: to watch every single video ever released on our websites at least once. To do this, I need a list of all videos released on jw.org (our official site) and tv.jw.org (ie: JW Broadcasting). Then I will make a Master list (probably with an Excel file) and keep track with a checkmark which videos I have seen. Because let's face it, with over a couple hundred videos, it's tough to remember which I ones I've seen and which ones I haven't.

Now, I can get a list of the 180 videos thus far released on jw.org from this site:

https://www.jw.org/en/videos/?start=0

This is really great, however, it doesn't seem to include all the videos from JW Broadcasting. The Video on Demand section is a maze of videos, each with sections and sub-sections:

https://tv.jw.org/#en/video

Has anyone compiled a list of all the videos from JW Broadcasting? Or does anyone have any ideas on the easiest way to do this?

I don't know about an easy way to make a list, unless you manually go through every page.  Or use JW Library and click on the links there.

Remember that many videos on JW Broadcasting were originally part of the monthly programme, unless you want the individual segments.

I've downloaded every single video in JW.ORG and JW Broadcasting, in my computer there's a folder with all the videos, inside this folder there's another one that I move the watched videos.

It's not that hard to watch all videos, but you might be patient, I like to watch short videos and mix with bigger videos, dramas, movies.. I think there's less than 30 to watch all. But again, be patient, there's a lot of good things to watch.

12 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

I don't know about an easy way to make a list, unless you manually go through every page.  Or use JW Library and click on the links there.

Remember that many videos on JW Broadcasting were originally part of the monthly programme, unless you want the individual segments.

That's true. I wonder if there's a way to tell when a segment was part of a monthly program?

3 hours ago, dvds said:

I've downloaded every single video in JW.ORG and JW Broadcasting, in my computer there's a folder with all the videos, inside this folder there's another one that I move the watched videos.

It's not that hard to watch all videos, but you might be patient, I like to watch short videos and mix with bigger videos, dramas, movies.. I think there's less than 30 to watch all. But again, be patient, there's a lot of good things to watch.

That's great! How did you go about downloading all the videos on JW Broadcasting? Did  you go through each and every heading and sub-heading in the Video on Demand section? Were there duplicates? I don't want to download all videos to my hard drive. All I really need are the links, then I can just stream them.

1 hour ago, richterbelmont10 said:

That's true. I wonder if there's a way to tell when a segment was part of a monthly program?

That's great! How did you go about downloading all the videos on JW Broadcasting? Did  you go through each and every heading and sub-heading in the Video on Demand section? Were there duplicates? I don't want to download all videos to my hard drive. All I really need are the links, then I can just stream them.

42 minutes ago, Hope said:

You know, you will save the Branch money if you download. There is a charge to them every time content is streamed. Download and you can watch any time without incurring a fee or needing Internet access 

Just a thought. 

Most of JW Broadcasting I watched as it was released, even those in english-only (I'm a portuguese speaker), the easiest way to not download duplicates is to download every video from JW.ORG, then monthly programs, morning worships, gilead graduations, annual meetings.. Then you can download the short ones that isn't in JW.ORG, but to recognize if a video is from a program or not, only watching the programs.

Downloading is the best solution even for you, you can watch in your TV, smartphone, or tablet, even with no internet access. I enjoy my lunch times at work watching the videos.

I almost finished downloading all our videos. It's because I only have a high speed internet here among our brothers, I am happy to share them the copy of each videos and sometimes they came here and we watch the video together with a small group and serve some delicious foods. I am happy again reuniting the brothers after almost 5 years being away from them while I was working in Saudi Arabia which Christian gatherings in public are prohibited. 

Well I just made a discovery: All videos on jw.org are on JW Broadcasting. There are no videos that are exclusively on jw.org that are not on tv.jw.org.

Anyway, I've created an Excel file that has every single video and its link as of June 28, 2016. I've highlighted the duplicates and added a checkbox so that I can keep track of the ones I've watched. I'm attaching a copy here in case anyone wants it. (I tried to convert it to a pdf but the links don't transfer)

JW BROADCASTING all videos June 28, 2016.xlsx

Edited by richterbelmont10

wrong date

Hmm, I've long been aware that downloading the jwb videos on one's device is more cost effective for the branch so this is what I do to assist in any way I can.  That being the case, is retaining the "streaming" segment of the website better than say, downloading each and every video and deleting them whenever you want?

On 7/2/2016 at 10:48 AM, richterbelmont10 said:

Well I just made a discovery: All videos on jw.org are on JW Broadcasting. There are no videos that are exclusively on jw.org that are not on tv.jw.org.

Anyway, I've created an Excel file that has every single video and its link as of June 28, 2016. I've highlighted the duplicates and added a checkbox so that I can keep track of the ones I've watched. I'm attaching a copy here in case anyone wants it. (I tried to convert it to a pdf but the links don't transfer)

JW BROADCASTING all videos June 28, 2016.xlsx

Very nice and very useful! Thanks much, I know the work that went into that excel file. Do you plan to update it as new videos are released? If so, please post the updated files here. :)

Edited by Musky

2 hours ago, walkr2 said:

Hi Musky! I am correct in that to access any of those files, all you have to do is click on it? #dontmeantosoundstupid

~ walkr2 ~ emoji1327.pngFriends

Yes, if your excel reader has the ability to follow hyperlinks. The "Microsoft Office" version of Excel will do it on a Windows computer. Some of the Android Excel reader apps will also follow the links when they are tapped on.c I don't know about Apple devices.

Thank you! I was on my Apple mobile device! I will now use my Windows device! Ugh....so many decisions when it comes to Apple!

~ walkr2 ~ Friends

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

On 6/29/2016 at 6:37 AM, Alexa said:

Brosmiguel, are you Gloe user or pldt? :) if globe, its rare because its so expensive

I used PLDT with landline. Not quite expensive. Most of the brothers used Globe but planning to transfer to PLDT when the connection will be available near to their area, even our KH don't have internet connection because of the distance.

Edited by brosmiguel

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)