JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

August Broadcast

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2781 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Lyrics to August JW Broadcast original song:

I couldn't understand half the song, so I watched with the CC on and copied the lyrics  down--word for word.^_^

I love that it was the orchestra members that sent us a special greeting this month.:D

I would love to see a full "behind the orchestra" video. :D

The dating couple couldn't have been any cuter ^_^. 

But of course, the message is very serious.  The lovely experience of the rodeo family, all again coming into the truth - what a lovely family. And again, holds out hope for those who have drifted.  They may always come back.  Which is why the cart witnessing work is so good for that - brothers and sisters who have left the truth have an easier way to reconnect back.  Such a wonderful program, again!

7 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

When they showed the orchestral and spoke about the music, I thought, Yes - They are about to announce the new song book.  But it didn't happen.  oh well.

I saw a local sister from London in that brief segment ! She had the music to song 147 before travelling to Patterson in December 

16 hours ago, Sheep said:

Oh yes, I almost forgot! :oops: This month's broadcast also included a new original song, Our Thanks Go to You. There is a listenable mp3 version of that song included in my extremely small collection of songs, in here. Also in that collection are the song from July's broadcast (which hasn't yet been uploaded to JW Broadcasting in mp3), and the song from the Family Interviews video.

What software are you using to edit out the song from the video?

18 hours ago, Sheep said:

Oh yes, I almost forgot! :oops: This month's broadcast also included a new original song, Our Thanks Go to You. There is a listenable mp3 version of that song included in my extremely small collection of songs, in here. Also in that collection are the song from July's broadcast (which hasn't yet been uploaded to JW Broadcasting in mp3), and the song from the Family Interviews video.

Thank you!!!

So -- is that Family Interviews song the one entitled "In My Heart"?

2 hours ago, dvds said:

Thank you brother. I had noticed that. Anyway, the video isn't 720p in tv.jw.org, they didn't update the website yet, I guess.

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor governments nor things now here nor things to come now powers nor height nor depth nor any other creation will be able to separate us from God's love that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:38,39

6 hours ago, mserskine said:

What software are you using to edit out the song from the video?

Long story. I used RealPlayer to convert from mp4 to wav audio format (part of that package is called RealPlayer Converter). Then I used an old pay program called PolderbitS (which does not exist anymore) to cut the song out of the rest of the video, edit what I wanted (volume), fade out at the end (if necessary), and convert it to mp3 format.

That's a short version of the long story... :D

5 hours ago, Hope said:

So -- is that Family Interviews song the one entitled "In My Heart"?

Yes, although that's an unofficial title. Another member on JWTalk asked me via private message to convert that song to mp3 once, and that was his title. I liked it, so it stuck.

Thank you so much for your kind words. It's strangely become second nature to me now, after all this time doing it. It doesn't take me long now. I kept all  of the original songs in that collection at the beginning, adding to it as we went along. Then one day I realized JW Broadcasting had started converting them to mp3 format (they're under the Audio button at the top). That made an ongoing collection unnecessary. I'll just keep the songs in my collection until they show up on JW Broadcasting.

58 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Long story. I used RealPlayer to convert from mp4 to wav audio format (part of that package is called RealPlayer Converter). Then I used an old pay program called PolderbitS (which does not exist anymore) to cut the song out of the rest of the video, edit what I wanted (volume), fade out at the end (if necessary), and convert it to mp3 format.

That's a short version of the long story... :D

I use Freemake Video Converter. It's totally free and is real simple to use.

I liked the video clip from the drama when Korah's son is talking to the young boy. We know the young man and he is grown up, married and has kids now...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

The highlight for me was the interview of Bro and Sister Malanfant (sp?).  Very encouraging, I liked the point sister Malenfant made about "using her life up" for Jehovah, but I disagree that her life is "mostly used up" because despite her age she hasn't used up a fraction of forever.  :)

5 hours ago, sunshine said:

The highlight for me was the interview of Bro and Sister Malanfant (sp?).  Very encouraging, I liked the point sister Malenfant made about "using her life up" for Jehovah, but I disagree that her life is "mostly used up" because despite her age she hasn't used up a fraction of forever.  :)

I also very much enjoyed the interview with this couple. Brother Malenfant already made some visits as representative of the World Headquarters here in Brazil and by the time I served at Bethel had the opportunity to talk to him. He and his wife are extremely loving.

Brother Malenfant made talks to us in Spanish (no translation) and English (with a translator). And his way of expressing it seemed to me that Spanish is a language of the heart.

So great is his teaching art I remember having commented with other Bethelites I wondered how it would be to hear Jesus teaching, as the way of teaching Brother Malenfant was so captivating!

5 hours ago, sunshine said:

I also very much enjoyed the interview with this couple. Brother Malenfant already made some visits as representative of the World Headquarters here in Brazil and by the time I served at Bethel had the opportunity to talk to him. He and his wife are extremely loving.

Brother Malenfant made talks to us in Spanish (no translation) and English (with a translator). And his way of expressing it seemed to me that Spanish is a language of the heart.

So great is his teaching art I remember having commented with other Bethelites I wondered how it would be to hear Jesus teaching, as the way of teaching Brother Malenfant was so captivating!

On 8/1/2016 at 0:23 PM, Tortuga said:

I liked the part about Metropolitan Cart work in San Francisco, I know several of the friends they interviewed. The SO of my congregation and his wife are on the video, she was interviewed while sitting with a sister, I worked out in service with the two sisters last week. Another brother and his  wife were shown, he takes care of the Pioneer School meals so we'll see them in a couple of weeks when the Pioneer Schools start. I know the sister in the background when they were talking about ASL, she volunteers at the AH and we worked on the HVAC together last week. Pretty cool...

One of the couples that were interviewed doing cart work in SF were at the AH today for the SKE graduation lunch, he was mopping the floor and she was doing the dishes.

Fame is so fickle, movie stars one day and housekeepers the next day..:lol:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

One of the couples that were interviewed doing cart work in SF were at the AH today for the SKE graduation lunch, he was mopping the floor and she was doing the dishes.

Fame is so fickle, movie stars one day and housekeepers the next day..:lol:

These are the characteristics of our stars of the Warwickwood! :lol:

On 8/12/2016 at 4:57 PM, Tortuga said:

One of the couples that were interviewed doing cart work in SF were at the AH today for the SKE graduation lunch, he was mopping the floor and she was doing the dishes. Fame is so fickle, movie stars one day and housekeepers the next day..:lol:

Now they are movie stars again!

This brother coordinates the meals for the Pioneer Schools and we are providing breakfast tomorrow morning (my wife is cooking a breakfast casserole),

I get another chance to tease them tomorrow!

SF Carts.JPG

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Now they are movie stars again!

This brother coordinates the meals for the Pioneer Schools and we are providing breakfast tomorrow morning (my wife is cooking a breakfast casserole),

I get another chance to tease them tomorrow!

SF Carts.JPG

That's our keyman every Monday bro Patrick and his wife Joan,we miss them today.

5 hours ago, takupele said:

That's our keyman every Monday bro Patrick and his wife Joan,we miss them today.

The first Pioneer School started yesterday, there is another school next week too. 

• 2 weeks later...

Brother Curzan said in August Broadcast that the full interview of the brother and sister Malenfant would be  available still in this month. But until now we have nothing. Does anyone have the link preview of this interview? 

Edited by Araujo JW