JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia's president signed the missionary activity law!!?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2743 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

3 hours ago, cricket246 said:

https://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/russia/appeal-against-threat-20160714/

Part of their plans is clear now - it says on JW.org = "In a separate action against Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia, deputies of the Regional Assembly in Arkhangelsk filed a claim addressed to Aleksandr Konovalov, the Minister of Justice. The claim demands that the federal government adopt legislation to ban the religious activity of the Witnesses and all their legal entities throughout the country." Sounds like they want to ban JW's in all of Russia...soon...

That's OK.  We were banned there before.

10 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

Awesome articles:

Awake! 2001 4/22

The Soviet Attack on Religion - p. 3-4

A Focus of the Soviet Attack - p. 4-9

How Religion Survived - p. 8-12

What Is the Future of Religion? - p. 13-15

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

ty   ...  http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/lv/r1/lp-e/0/21122 

This may have been shared already but it's in the news today.

Putin Signs Measure Revoking Religious Freedom: ‘Most Restrictive in Post-Soviet History’

http://www.breitbart.com/faith/2016/07/10/putin-signs-measure-revoking-religious-freedom/

The measure is expected to especially affect evangelical groups and Jehovah’s Witnesses who often share faith in homes rather than traditional churches.

In a column at the Daily Signal, U.S. Sen. Ben Sasse (R-NE) wrote the new law is “an affront to free people everywhere.”

“We need to begin telling the truth about an increasingly aggressive actor in global affairs,” he said. “This Russian law would be an affront to free people everywhere—at home and abroad—who believe that rights of conscience—the rights to free speech and to freedom of religion—are pre-political.”

~We were sent to preach not to judge~ 

~Be kind to one another because all of us are suffering one way or another. This is our refuge from oppression~

:) 

I believe the Yarovaya Law is to go into effect on July 20, 2016.

It's a test in how to bring Religion under control of the kings before she is destroyed.  For several years we have been discussing the KON but will withhold from naming any specific nations. For they all will eventually back this process of eliminating religion.

This 'Yarovaya Law' goes into effect in a matter of 72 hours or less now!

Brothers and Sisters!
Remain calm and stay on that narrow road that leads to Life.  Stay faithful and do not give up your integrity.   Though this is not the Great Tribulation yet, but rather a PRECURSOR to it!  My Heart and Prayers are with you.  "When wisdom enters your heart And knowledge becomes pleasant to your soul, Thinking ability will keep watch over you, And discernment will safeguard you," (Proverbs 2:10-11)

As the demons jockey for positions in gathering the kings for the The Great Day of the Almighty in (Rev 16) you will see this result. ~~~~~~~>  http://www.rferl.org/content/russia-yarovaya-law-religious-freedom-restrictions/

It's a test in how to bring Religion under control of the kings before she is destroyed.  For several years we have been discussing the King Of The North, but will withhold from naming any specific nations. For they all will eventually back this process of eliminating religion.  Things can turn in an instance!, so keep your senses.   http://www.portal-credo.ru/site/?act=news&id=121132

Let it play out and don't react or retaliate in any manner.  Listen, Obey, and Be Blessed!  Remember the account of Daniel when he was in Babylon and apply, “Do not be afraid! For there are more who are with us than those who are with them.”

This may be the change of change in these last days! All these crazy events in just passed year or so had been the tipping point! Here we go!

May you brothers and sisters in Russia, the former Soviet States, and your bible students remember:

Song 139

Teach Them to Stand Firm

On shepherding call this weekend encouraged couple to compare Matt 24:8

8 All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress.

Started in 1914 and now we are awaiting 1 Thessalonians 5:3

3 Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them, just like birth pains on a pregnant woman, and they will by no means escape.

End of the pregnancy.

Sister said all these events recently are like contractions.

I mentioned yep, intensifying before the manifestation of Christ's presence!

2 Thessalonians 2:8

8 Then, indeed, the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will do away with by the spirit of his mouth and bring to nothing by the manifestation of his presence.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/jehovahs-witnesses-banned-in-russian-belgorod-for-tearing-apart-families-53246

Does this mean that the all of the congregations in Belgorod, Russia have been liquidated and banned?!

Edited by cricket246

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

I hope I don't get in trouble for posting this. I felt it was something to think about.  I saw this post on Twitter this morning:

"In 1999 Vladimir Putin was promoted former KGB officer while FSB agent Melanija Knavs seduced Donald Trump"

I thought it was interesting because we know how Putin feels about religion.Maybe Trump is more like Putin. It's a possibility and something to think about.

Others are saying that Melanija is a sleeper cell for the KGB.

Edited by razzy

~We were sent to preach not to judge~ 

~Be kind to one another because all of us are suffering one way or another. This is our refuge from oppression~

:) 

5 hours ago, razzy said:

Others are saying that Melanija is a sleeper cell for the KGB.

Were the KGB planning to take over Trump's reality show?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Its Wednesday here in USA.   Law already in effect in Russia.  Just waiting for more information from JW.ORG Newsroom and other sources from in here who actually live near or the outskirts of country to see how friends are coping.   Don't we all know how close the end is?  YES, we do! 

2 hours ago, Allabord4Jah said:

Its Wednesday here in USA.   Law already in effect in Russia.  Just waiting for more information from JW.ORG Newsroom and other sources from in here who actually live near or the outskirts of country to see how friends are coping.   Don't we all know how close the end is?  YES, we do! 

Zephaniah 1:14 The great day of Jehovah is near!
It is near and it is approaching very quickly!

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I wonder what the next step of the government will be. They have been making very small steps for more than 10 years. Will it be total ban someday? 

I am glad we still are not criminals. This new law is about organizations. But every PERSON has a right to speak about their beliefs according to the Constitution. Nevertheless we expect that they will use it against us. So we will need courage and wisdom.

On 19/7/2016 at 1:38 AM, Tbs77 said:

On shepherding call this weekend encouraged couple to compare Matt 24:8

8 All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress.

Started in 1914 and now we are awaiting 1 Thessalonians 5:3

3 Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them, just like birth pains on a pregnant woman, and they will by no means escape.

End of the pregnancy.

Sister said all these events recently are like contractions.

I mentioned yep, intensifying before the manifestation of Christ's presence!

You are a good example for us Victoria. We don't stop mention you in our prayers. Be strong against the attack of this modern "Assyrian". 

6 hours ago, Victoria said:

I wonder what the next step of the government will be. They have been making very small steps for more than 10 years. Will it be total ban someday? 

I am glad we still are not criminals. This new law is about organizations. But every PERSON has a right to speak about their beliefs according to the Constitution. Nevertheless we expect that they will use it against us. So we will need courage and wisdom.

hughug.gif     Group hug.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

On 7/24/2016 at 10:55 PM, Victoria said:

I've got news. There was " a small convention" in the nearby city this week. We had no opportunity to have our usual convention this year for the first time. So several congregations gathered in the kingdom hall and watched the record of the program. Suddenly policemen came in through the window! The door was locked but the window was open. They checked each room but did not interrupt the program fortunately.

Victoria, greetings...  Well they proved window-climbing skills ... what was the point of coming in ? Crazy times...praying for you.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)