JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia's president signed the missionary activity law!!?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2721 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

To my mind the point was frightening JWs and their guests. Will they don't know us very well. Or maybe they brought some forbidden books and just didn't have an opportunity to put it somewhere.

On 26.07.2016 at 8:03 AM, Gregexplore said:

Sorry, I cannot use internet. I didn't have it when a child. So I don't know how to quote or delete something.

How hard must be for our friends to have a christian attitude toward their persecutors. I've just watched a video from a Kingdom Hall in Georgia and only watching made me feel such a bitterness toward that guys ... I gotta work on this

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

You know things are not very bad here where I live. Policemen don't abuse or beat brothers and sisters. Some brothers had to pay fines but nobody was in jail.  But the authorities do their best to stop our preaching work. They forbade all the publications we could use for conducting Bible studies. Our website is forbidden and each publication or video with the name of our website is forbidden too. They created a special law to stop public witness with carts. So I would say they don't hate us but really hate our preaching work.

8 hours ago, Adelin said:

How hard must be for our friends to have a christian attitude toward their persecutors. I've just watched a video from a Kingdom Hall in Georgia and only watching made me feel such a bitterness toward that guys ... I gotta work on this  

Yes, it is especially hard to respect those who fabricate evidence against us. So please pray for us, especially for elderly brothers and sisters to respect the police.

Me too! To be like Christ is a miracle!

May Jah's spirit be with us all as we stay focused on the Christ!

New World Translation

1Pe 2:23When he was being insulted, he did not insult in return. When he was suffering, he did not threaten, but he entrusted himself to the One who judges righteously.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, Victoria said:

Yes, it is especially hard to respect those who fabricate evidence against us. So please pray for us, especially for elderly brothers and sisters to respect the police.

Oh we are, we are! Lotsa of virtual hugs too going your way too and share them around please. Just a little while longer my darling sis. xxx

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

38 minutes ago, Victoria said:

Are there many old-timers that endured the Soviet era in your vicinity that can give good encouragement for the hard times ahead.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

7 hours ago, rocket said:

Are there many old-timers that endured the Soviet era in your vicinity that can give good encouragement for the hard times ahead.

There are 2 couples in our congregation that endured the Soviet era. And I have many friends who are serving in the country where JWs are banned.

On 7/27/2016 at 7:37 PM, Victoria said:

On 7/27/2016 at 8:37 PM, Victoria said:

There are 2 couples in our congregation that endured the Soviet era. And I have many friends who are serving in the country where JWs are banned.

Thank you for the updates, Victoria. You are very special to us here. Your endurance in the face of government opposition is an encouragement to me, and I think I can speak for the rest here too. Yes, indeed, we do pray earnestly for brothers and sisters in your situation. Please keep up your good example.

For the rest of my comment, look in the Regional Convention topic (providing you've had your convention already).

maybe this is what sister Victoria was talking about

22.06.2016 was trespassing on police service (the Jehovah's Witnesses congress) in Khabarovsk. In order to disrupt a peaceful assembly of believers.

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

What in the world?!?! Did the police have two worldy teens to go thru and unlock the doors?! Who threwa water verywhere, that one boy? I really need to work on keeping my cool if crazy teens like that came in our hall...

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

WOW, the video is a sample for all of us of what is to come shortly. In my Bible reading I came across a scripture that has new meaning to me.  Acts 8:  32  Now this was the passage of Scripture that he was reading: “Like a sheep he was brought to the slaughter, and like a lamb that is silent before its shearer, so he does not open his mouth.+ 33  During his humiliation, justice was taken away from him.

So we see that Jehovah will allow justice to be taken away for a little while. Let us all follow our exemplar, Jesus Christ who also was humiliated by not only the political officials but God's own people.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you my Brother's and Sisters!  It was so encouraging to hear you singing to the song that we too sing here. Of course we know of the unity among us but to actually hear it takes it to another level at least for me. :)

Agape love to all!

Sally

~We were sent to preach not to judge~ 

~Be kind to one another because all of us are suffering one way or another. This is our refuge from oppression~

:)