JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia's president signed the missionary activity law!!?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2748 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Whoever that courageous brother is who stood up to those officials no doubt got his courage from Jehovah.  And one other brother was letting the police know that his recording camera would be in their FACES the whole time they would be there.  This brother with the camera even followed them out to the parking lot and kept recording.  Very good idea!

1 minute ago, Omo_Yeme said:

Whoever that courageous brother is who stood up to those officials no doubt got his courage from Jehovah.  And one other brother was letting the police know that his recording camera would be in their FACES the whole time they would be there.  This brother with the camera even followed them out to the parking lot and kept recording.  Very good idea!

That required courage as well ..  They could easly single him out 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I don't know about all of this...but our prayers are with our brothers..I think our Russian brothers and sisters are a sturdy lot.

i don't know who threw the water on the man coming thru the window ...I hope it wasn't us...as they would just get antagonized by those actions.

the brothers have warned us in the WT studies that this isn't our fight..we are not to partake in it.

someome one must stand up and talk with these ones who are invading and that brother was good at it..but i think every body  getting in their faces with cameras  just ramps them up.

I guess we should have a plan if this happens ..one or two take videos...and certain brothers who talk with them....

i am presuming this will go world wide...time will tell...

36 minutes ago, Omo_Yeme said:

33 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

That required courage as well ..  They could easly single him out 

That's what I was thinking too. When I first saw the video on jw.org about planting "evidence," and some sister was saying "Somebody film this!", the police could have easily grabbed the camera to destroy the evidence they knew could be used against them. Why didn't they?

Maybe they were blinded by Jehovah's angels. They couldn't see the cameras. (???)

Just now, Sharon said:

I don't know about all of this...but our prayers are with our brothers..I think our Russian brothers and sisters are a sturdy lot.

i don't know who threw the water on the man coming thru the window ...I hope it wasn't us...as they would just get antagonized by those actions.

the brothers have warned us in the WT studies that this isn't our fight..we are not to partake in it.

someome one must stand up and talk with these ones who are invading and that brother was good at it..but i think every body  getting in their faces with cameras  just ramps them up.

I guess we should have a plan if this happens ..one or two take videos...and certain brothers who talk with them....

You are right. It's definitely not good idea to taunt or resist police by throwing water or anything at them, or to start hand to hand battle with them. As we see it didn't work at all. Also we know there's nothing we can do to stop them attacking our religion. We even know it will happen sooner or later. 

3 hours ago, Sharon said:

in a russia yearbook? :touche:a letter might do or a interview directly to them sis Sharon

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

Just now, Omo_Yeme said:

But outsiders will give this cop all the credit for staying calm and behaving, after being grabbed, pushed and watered. I really doubt that's kind of courage Jehovah wants us to show.

We are imperfect and seeing that we all feel frustrated. I can't imagine living in it and keeping cool. On YouTube there are more vids of the same incident. The First to throw water was a woman and he went after her and more water from who knows was chucked on him. At least he got cooled off??

“Do Not Be Afraid. I Myself Will Help You”

JESUS forewarned his followers: “The Devil will keep on throwing some of you into prison that you may be fully put to the test.” However, just before that warning, Jesus stated: “Do not be afraid of the things you are about to suffer.” Since Satan continues to use the threat of imprisonment as a means to stop Kingdom preaching, the possibility that some governments will persecute true Christians is real. (Rev. 2:10; 12:17) Hence, what will help us to be prepared for Satan’s schemes and “not be afraid,” as Jesus admonished?

Of course, most of us have at one time or another experienced some feelings of fear. Still, God’s Word assures us that with Jehovah’s help, we can avoid succumbing to fear. How? One way Jehovah helps us to be prepared to deal with opposition is by identifying the tactics used by Satan and his agents. (2 Cor. 2:11) To illustrate how this is the case, let us consider an event that took place in Bible times. We will also look at some modern-day examples of faithful fellow believers who ‘stood firm against the machinations of the Devil.’—Eph. 6:11-13.

Read more http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2010525

~We were sent to preach not to judge~ 

~Be kind to one another because all of us are suffering one way or another. This is our refuge from oppression~

:) 

I have to say to all of you petty sideline belittlers, you weren't there. None of us have any idea what we would do in a similar circumstance. How shocking it must have been to be sitting in security at the KH and have that shattered by strangers suddenly climbing through the window! Many thoughts go through people's minds at that moment.  Among the congregation are those that are in varying stages of spiritual growth. Remember, even Peter denied Jesus 3 times. 

It must be very discouraging to those who are being directly persecuted by Satan to be judged by their Brothers and Sisters living in peace & security.  Sweet Victoria courageously comes to give us updated info on how things are going.  If I knew I would be critiqued and judged by the report I wouldn't feel comfortable giving it again. Who are we to judge our Brothers and Sisters?

3e9249ab2c8182310581d3e5dd93a7fc.jpg

Edited by Sally

~We were sent to preach not to judge~ 

~Be kind to one another because all of us are suffering one way or another. This is our refuge from oppression~

:) 

I know Russia and its a uncomfortable country. They are gaining now its power because of their persecution to our brothers and sisters :-(

Sent from my WV8-L using Tapatalk

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

16 hours ago, Sally said:

I have to say to all of you petty sideline belittlers, you weren't there. None of us have any idea what we would do in a similar circumstance. How shocking it must have been to be sitting in security at the KH and have that shattered by strangers suddenly climbing through the window! Many thoughts go through people's minds at that moment.  Among the congregation are those that are in varying stages of spiritual growth. Remember, even Peter denied Jesus 3 times. 

It must be very discouraging to those who are being directly persecuted by Satan to be judged by their Brothers and Sisters living in peace & security.  Sweet Victoria courageously comes to give us updated info on how things are going.  If I knew I would be critiqued and judged by the report I wouldn't feel comfortable giving it again. Who are we to judge our Brothers and Sisters?

Thank you very much dear Ann! You are very kind you really speak like a Christian. Good example for all of us! To be honest it is difficult for me too not to judge those sisters. But I know I would be terribly scared in such a situation. When policemen in masks came to our meeting I was shocked and frightened to death. I guess if I saw somebody coming through the window I would feel much worse. Who knows what thoughts would come to my mind? But our elder told us not to imitate those sisters. Of course they shouldn't have done it! 

You know what I cannot understand? Who uploaded this video on Youtube?! Why?! I would say some Russian words to that man.

23 hours ago, Sally said:

Who is judging here? Reminding how governing body has advised us to behave is far from judging ;). It's actually necessary reminder, if some have tendency to think  it's something Jehovah gives us courage for. Some in these forums can read it and believe it. And then try to copy something we are not advised to, and maybe get hurt. It might not feel pleasant at the time when we are corrected, and it's easy to get offensive about it. But at the end we all just want best for each other. 

Edited by harmania

Sally nobody here is judging anybody...and you are right one cannot,tell how they would act in time of such distress...yet Jesus set us an example...if he could flee from the persecution he did.

when he could not he did not retaliate in anyway....he is our example.

we can all get firey under attack.....but we need to be careful as that can put everybody in danger .....we have had ample instruction from the brothers not to retaliate...as it is not our fight but Jehovahs.

everyone makes mistakes..and it must be especially hard on our brothers as it is their natural inclination to protect women and children...our men are no different .

We all learn from others ....but we do need to act wisely at these times....we are peaceable people.as far as it is possible.

we all DEFINETLY admire our Russian brothers ..indeed all of our brothers who undergo such things...

Nobody is being petty...just trying to learn from each experience so when it comes our turn we will know what to do....

sis thinking...

I was referred to this website via a Stetson.edu blog : http://religiopolis.org/news/10572-soglasno-trebovaniyam-protokola.html

Here is the English translation :   As has been reported earlier, Thursday, July 28, 2016 armed riot police and FSB officers had raided the religious organization of Jehovah's Witnesses during the service.  According to the press service of the Administrative Center of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia, the security forces carried out "interrogations" knocking faithful to the floor, clutching his knee and people kicking their legs, after confiscating their mobile phones.

According to believers, the raiders had been planted in the room brochure, made to the Federal List of Extremist Materials.  The same was reported by Jehovah's Witnesses from Kostomuksha.

Within six days, no official press reports, the authorities or the security services about the incident were reported.  Only 3 August 2016 on the resource Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Karelia - 03.08 - 10.04 there was a brief message stating that a few days ago in Petrozavodsk as a result of operational search activities at a local religious organization of Jehovah's Witnesses were confiscated documents and 12 brochures from among listed in Federal list of extremist materials.

According to the website report, now the law enforcement bodies carry out checks on the fact of detection of banned literature.

I was wandering if this is legit?

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

6 hours ago, Sharon said:

Sally nobody here is judging anybody...and you are right one cannot,tell how they would act in time of such distress...yet Jesus set us an example...if he could flee from the persecution he did.

when he could not he did not retaliate in anyway....he is our example.

we can all get firey under attack.....but we need to be careful as that can put everybody in danger .....we have had ample instruction from the brothers not to retaliate...as it is not our fight but Jehovahs.

everyone makes mistakes..and it must be especially hard on our brothers as it is their natural inclination to protect women and children...our men are no different .

We all learn from others ....but we do need to act wisely at these times....we are peaceable people.as far as it is possible.

we all DEFINETLY admire our Russian brothers ..indeed all of our brothers who undergo such things...

Nobody is being petty...just trying to learn from each experience so when it comes our turn we will know what to do....

sis thinking...

Enjoyed this post.  As outsiders looking in we have to find that fine balance between not supporting behaviour that goes beyond scriptural instruction and knowing that we are all imperfect and will do or say the wrong thing at some time.  I didn't see anyone judging others or being petty either, just those who stated the facts that this is behaviour that is not supported by scripture or the organization. (IF the report is accurate).

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

7 hours ago, cricket246 said:

I was referred to this website via a Stetson.edu blog : http://religiopolis.org/news/10572-soglasno-trebovaniyam-protokola.html

Here is the English translation :   As has been reported earlier, Thursday, July 28, 2016 armed riot police and FSB officers had raided the religious organization of Jehovah's Witnesses during the service.  According to the press service of the Administrative Center of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia, the security forces carried out "interrogations" knocking faithful to the floor, clutching his knee and people kicking their legs, after confiscating their mobile phones.

According to believers, the raiders had been planted in the room brochure, made to the Federal List of Extremist Materials.  The same was reported by Jehovah's Witnesses from Kostomuksha.

Within six days, no official press reports, the authorities or the security services about the incident were reported.  Only 3 August 2016 on the resource Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Karelia - 03.08 - 10.04 there was a brief message stating that a few days ago in Petrozavodsk as a result of operational search activities at a local religious organization of Jehovah's Witnesses were confiscated documents and 12 brochures from among listed in Federal list of extremist materials.

According to the website report, now the law enforcement bodies carry out checks on the fact of detection of banned literature.

I was wandering if this is legit?

How terrible! That is why I ask you all to pray for us so that we could respect the policemen who do such things. Fortunately I never saw policemen behave like that but I know that they can do what they want. It will be very difficult to punish them no matter what they do. That is why I am terribly scared when I see a policeman .

How terrible! That is why I ask you all to pray for us so that we could respect the policemen who do such things. Fortunately I never saw policemen behave like that but I know that they can do what they want. It will be very difficult to punish them no matter what they do. That is why I am terribly scared when I see a policeman .

Sister Victoria:

Praying with intensity for the brothers and sisters! Did you read the article in English or Russian: http://www.religiopolis.org/news/10557-obyknovennyj-nalet-28072016.html

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The translation sounds like the brothers were hurting the knees of the police and kicking them. What it actually says is disturbing

"According to a report from the press service of the Administrative Center of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia, the siloviki [security forces] conducted "interrogations," throwing believers onto the floor, pinning people with knees and kicking them with feet, having previously taken their mobile phones from them."

http://www2.stetson.edu/~psteeves/relnews/160804a.html

9 hours ago, Mykyl said:

The translation sounds like the brothers were hurting the knees of the police and kicking them. What it actually says is disturbing

"According to a report from the press service of the Administrative Center of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia, the siloviki [security forces] conducted "interrogations," throwing believers onto the floor, pinning people with knees and kicking them with feet, having previously taken their mobile phones from them."

http://www2.stetson.edu/~psteeves/relnews/160804a.html

Thank you, Mike! Is it computer translation? I read the article in Russian and didn't read the English text carefully. Of course, the policemen were hurting the brothers. In my opinion it is better not use a computer as an interpreter.