JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia's president signed the missionary activity law!!?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2742 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

26 minutes ago, Victoria said:

To my mind I have not   realized   what happened yet. I want to thank all of you dear brothers and sisters for your prayers and support! Maybe that makes me so calm.

The final battle belongs to Jehovah !

Our heavenly Father knows what happened and he is in full control. 

Just see yourself in Paradise ! Keep going ... !

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

7 hours ago, HoneyflakeT said:

Victoria,  did the court concreteize what the liquedation means for our brothers in detail? 

In Wikipedia I read that your town is a jewish oblast? Are they responsible or the orthodox church for the ban?       

Good questions! No we don't know what the liquidation means. As far as I understand we cannot rent a place for assemblies and Memorial. But in Taganrog problems are much more serious, they appeared after liquidation of LRO .

Jews are not guilty, it is Russian Orthodox Church! Most of the jews who lived here are in Israil Now. So Jewish Autonomous Region is just a name Now .

8 hours ago, Victoria said:

To my mind I have not   realized   what happened yet. I want to thank all of you dear brothers and sisters for your prayers and support! Maybe that makes me so calm.

I read this scripture regarding how Jehovah helps us in trials with wicked men, and thought of you and our brothers and sisters:

"For you have become a stronghold to the lowly, a stronghold to the poor in his distress, a refuge from the rainstorm, and a shade from the heat. When the blast of the tyrants is like a rainstorm against a wall" - Is 25:4

which was the xref for this:

"Finally, brothers, carry on prayer for us that the word of Jehovah may keep spreading rapidly and being glorified, just as it is with you,  and that we may be rescued from harmful and wicked men, for faith is not a possession of all people.  But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the wicked one." - 2 Thess 3:1 - 3

I feel we are doing our part in helping to strengthen you by our prayers. Stay firm, as we will too with Jehovah's help when our time comes. We will all soon see Jehovah's glory.

11 hours ago, Victoria said:

LRO in Birobijan is liquidated as an extremist organization.

10 hours ago, Victoria said:

Nor have I ever been through an ordeal like this. I am so sorry my dear sister. May you all follow the lead of the organization in your country and the local elders, continue serving Jehovah faithfully, and stay close to Him! They may have declared your congregation as non-existent (liquidated), but they can't take away your precious relationship with Him! You still have your lives. Use them fully in His service to whatever extent you can!

We have a saying in English: "Whatever doesn't kill us only makes us stronger." May this experience give you the strength to face the future with confidence! Be confident we will never stop praying for you.

‘Christ’s true followers to be objects of hatred by all nations on account of his name’ (Matt. 24:9)
This persecution is not because of political meddling but ‘on account of the name of Jesus Christ,’ because his followers adhere to him as Jehovah’s Messianic King, because of their obeying Christ ahead of any earthly ruler, because of their loyally adhering to his Kingdom.

Just a recap of what is happening in Russia

yb13 39-40

Law-enforcement officials in various parts of Russia continue to harass and persecute Jehovah’s Witnesses and press the courts to condemn the Witnesses for exercising their freedom to worship God. On the basis of a widely criticized law on extremism, the Russian courts have declared at least 64 publications of Jehovah’s Witnesses to be extremist. Recently, a prosecutor requested that Learn From the Great Teacher, a book that teaches children about Jesus Christ, be declared extremist. In many parts of Russia, the courts have also blocked access to Jehovah’s Witnesses’ official Web site. They have granted law-enforcement officials permission to carry out covert surveillance of congregation members, including secret video surveillance and interception of mail. As a result, the police regularly interview opposing neighbors, search the homes of Witnesses, and confiscate religious literature and other personal items. Witnesses have been apprehended while walking on the street, driving their car, or getting off a train. Christian meetings have been disrupted by the police, and elders have been prosecuted for their spiritual shepherding activities in the congregation. In some regions, prosecutors are trying to get the courts to order the liquidation of Local Religious Organizations (LRO) of Jehovah’s Witnesses.
In May 2012 in the city of Taganrog, 17 Witnesses were charged with organizing and participating in criminal activity merely for practicing their faith. It was in this region that the LRO of Jehovah’s Witnesses was liquidated in 2009 by court order and the Kingdom Hall was confiscated because of alleged extremism. Denied the use of their Kingdom Hall, the Witnesses met in private homes or rented halls, but now the authorities are trying to prevent all organized worship. In July 2012, a pioneer couple in the Siberian city of Chita was found guilty of incitement to hatred because they distributed the allegedly extremist Bible study book What Does the Bible Really Teach? while sharing their faith with others. They were each sentenced to 200 hours of compulsory labor, but they are appealing their conviction.
Although the ECHR has rendered two resounding victories for Jehovah’s Witnesses against Russia—Kuznetsov and Others v. Russia in 2007 and Jehovah’s Witnesses of Moscow v. Russia in 2010—the Russian authorities continue to ignore these decisions from this prestigious Court. Consequently, Jehovah’s Witnesses have another 19 applications pending before the ECHR in the hope that further decisions from the ECHR will move Russian authorities to cease persecuting Jehovah’s people and to allow them to “go on leading a calm and quiet life with full godly devotion and seriousness.”—1 Tim. 2:2.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

15 hours ago, Foxes53 said:

The opposers are really fighting against Jehovah. So even if they think they have won they have lost ! 

So true. Ultimately the battle is between Almighty God Jehovah and His archenemy!  The RF authorities have perceived that they've won one more battle but, as I mentioned before in a previous thread: "No one can stop the Christ!."  No one!

Stand firm in your faith!

Stand firm dear ones!

Our deliverance is right in front of our faces! :bible2:

7 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

I read this scripture regarding how Jehovah helps us in trials with wicked men, and thought of you and our brothers and sisters:

"For you have become a stronghold to the lowly, a stronghold to the poor in his distress, a refuge from the rainstorm, and a shade from the heat. When the blast of the tyrants is like a rainstorm against a wall" - Is 25:4

which was the xref for this:

"Finally, brothers, carry on prayer for us that the word of Jehovah may keep spreading rapidly and being glorified, just as it is with you,  and that we may be rescued from harmful and wicked men, for faith is not a possession of all people.  But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the wicked one." - 2 Thess 3:1 - 3

I feel we are doing our part in helping to strengthen you by our prayers. Stay firm, as we will too with Jehovah's help when our time comes. We will all soon see Jehovah's glory.

Amen, Sister, Amen!

Victoria, Svetlana and other russian sisters and brothers you are a possitive example of endurance for the rest of us. You strengthened us in the past: https://tv.jw.org/#ru/video/VODOurOrganization/pub-jwbrd_201607_2_VIDEO

You do it also now and you will do it in the future! Thank you very much! We don't stop thinking and pray for you. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Victoria said:

The mass media made people think that JWs are banned here in Birobijan. It was on TV so all the country knows about it.

"here in Birobijan" <-- So what about the rest of the country? Do you know anything about the link in post 163 above?

7 hours ago, Sheep said:

Unfortunately, the only thing I heard today was at this link. (Here's what the Google translation says.)

I don't know anything about the source, though, or even what it is. Is it reliable?

Thank you for the information. I just checked, it is true. It is from official Russian website jw-russia 

7 hours ago, Sheep said:

"here in Birobijan" <-- So what about the rest of the country? Do you know anything about the link in post 163 above?

Yes, only here in Birobijan. And in some other cities ( Taganrog, Samara...). The mass media didn't tell JWs are banned in Russia now.

14 minutes ago, Victoria said:

Thank you for the information. I just checked, it is true. It is from official Russian website jw-russia 

Oh my! I'm so sorry, my dear sister! And to all our brothers and sisters there.

Could you perhaps translate for us some of the news from jw-russia there? I'm sure you're better at Russian than Google.

Edited by Sheep

7 hours ago, Sheep said:

Oh my! I'm so sorry, my dear sister! And to all our brothers and sisters there.

Could you perhaps translate for us some of the news from jw-russia there? I'm sure you're better at Russian than Google.

I believe I am better at Russian than Google but Google may be better at English:) I am not sure you will understand my translation:)

From Google Translate  Google Translate

Surveillance Cameras: security officers tossed a believer banned books

September 20, 2016, law enforcement officers in masks raided the liturgical building of Jehovah's Witnesses in Art-tse Nezlobnaya (Stavropol kr.). In the CCTV footage clearly shows the action of law enforcement officers.

Early in the morning to the building several cars drove up, from them came the people in black masks. After jumping over the fence, they broke the lock on the gate, cut special means the front door and entered the building.

On the recording of the camera shows that the employees spread out in different rooms. Several people entered the hall on the first floor and two of them in the presence of his colleagues got out from under the clothes forbidden literature, and put it on the table standing next to. Later, officers allegedly confiscate forbidden literature precisely because that part of the table, where she was planted, while others remain empty shelves.

As later explained to the chairman of the committee of a local religious organization (LRO) of Jehovah's Witnesses Paul bubble in liturgical building are regularly checked for foreign objects and forbidden literature. On the eve of a special operation carried out such checks as usual. In particular, the table is nothing, it was empty.

Among other things, the law enforcers seized audio and video equipment. When Eugene came liturgical building Wernick, representative of the owner and a member of the Committee of the MPO, law enforcement officials did not allow him to participate in the search. Wernick said, "Elder, responsible for the search, not given, did not let me get acquainted with the decision. Moreover, when I asked him to give me a copy of the decision, he rudely asked me to leave the building. And I had to do it. "

According to lawyers, these actions were carried out in violation of the law. For example, it was filed a search warrant, although people were in the building. They have not offered voluntarily open the door, but instead immediately apply special means. Also, law enforcement officials exceeded their authority that was removed from the place of the representative of the owner search.

In Nezlobnaya was also searched in the house of the chairman of the MPO Paul Puzyreva. He said: "Some employees climbed over the fence, and when they came to our house, there were about 10 people, they immediately spread out in different rooms, which is why we could not observe the search. And, for example, the first toss was made in the kitchen. " It is noteworthy that a week before these events Puzyrev was the victim of a provocation: in schools, unknown pasted leaflets false on its behalf. During the search, in addition to the banned literature he planted a stack of leaflets. As a result, his report on administrative offense was drawn up.

The faithful believe that the incident indicates the intention of the authorities to ban their local religious organization which lawfully operates in the village Nezlobnaya for 17 years.

"In the village Nezlobnaya last searches were conducted in the homes of Jehovah's Witnesses in 1985 - said Paul Puzyrev.- Then one of Jehovah's Witnesses realized that for him at any moment to come to law enforcement officers to remove the Bible and Bible literature. History repeats itself. Only now, in 2016, even if you do not have anything forbidden, you can just throw it! "

Administrative Center of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia already know at least about 60 planted and fraud. "In most cases, the faithful are forced to helplessly throw up your hands, - he said Jaroslav Sivulskii representative tsentra.- However, cases in Nezlobnaya when the toss is fixed to the camera, prove very sad truth planted commit those who themselves have to protect the law and the right! It is their conscience. It is their responsibility - before God and men. "

~We were sent to preach not to judge~ 

~Be kind to one another because all of us are suffering one way or another. This is our refuge from oppression~

:) 

I'm so sorry for you Victoria and Svetlana, and all our faithful brothers and sisters in Russia.  But keep your courage up, and we will keep up our prayers - these are significant times, and it means Jehovah's vindication and our salvation very soon!

But I quietly wait for the day of distress, For it is coming upon the people who attack us.  Although the fig tree may not blossom, And there may be no fruit on the vines; Although the olive crop may fail, And the fields may produce no food; Although the flock may disappear from the pen, And there may be no cattle in the stalls;   Yet, as for me, I will exult in Jehovah; I will be joyful in the God of my salvation.

Habakkuk 3:16b-18

Our family always put our Brothers and Sisters in Russia in our prayers.

2 Thessalonians 1:11 To that very end we always pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling and with his power perform completely all the good that he pleases and every work of faith.

On 13.10.2016 at 2:45 AM, Sally said:

From Google Translate  Google Translate

Surveillance Cameras: security officers tossed a believer banned books

September 20, 2016, law enforcement officers in masks raided the liturgical building of Jehovah's Witnesses in Art-tse Nezlobnaya (Stavropol kr.). In the CCTV footage clearly shows the action of law enforcement officers.

Early in the morning to the building several cars drove up, from them came the people in black masks. After jumping over the fence, they broke the lock on the gate, cut special means the front door and entered the building.

On the recording of the camera shows that the employees spread out in different rooms. Several people entered the hall on the first floor and two of them in the presence of his colleagues got out from under the clothes forbidden literature, and put it on the table standing next to. Later, officers allegedly confiscate forbidden literature precisely because that part of the table, where she was planted, while others remain empty shelves.

As later explained to the chairman of the committee of a local religious organization (LRO) of Jehovah's Witnesses Paul bubble in liturgical building are regularly checked for foreign objects and forbidden literature. On the eve of a special operation carried out such checks as usual. In particular, the table is nothing, it was empty.

Among other things, the law enforcers seized audio and video equipment. When Eugene came liturgical building Wernick, representative of the owner and a member of the Committee of the MPO, law enforcement officials did not allow him to participate in the search. Wernick said, "Elder, responsible for the search, not given, did not let me get acquainted with the decision. Moreover, when I asked him to give me a copy of the decision, he rudely asked me to leave the building. And I had to do it. "

According to lawyers, these actions were carried out in violation of the law. For example, it was filed a search warrant, although people were in the building. They have not offered voluntarily open the door, but instead immediately apply special means. Also, law enforcement officials exceeded their authority that was removed from the place of the representative of the owner search.

In Nezlobnaya was also searched in the house of the chairman of the MPO Paul Puzyreva. He said: "Some employees climbed over the fence, and when they came to our house, there were about 10 people, they immediately spread out in different rooms, which is why we could not observe the search. And, for example, the first toss was made in the kitchen. " It is noteworthy that a week before these events Puzyrev was the victim of a provocation: in schools, unknown pasted leaflets false on its behalf. During the search, in addition to the banned literature he planted a stack of leaflets. As a result, his report on administrative offense was drawn up.

The faithful believe that the incident indicates the intention of the authorities to ban their local religious organization which lawfully operates in the village Nezlobnaya for 17 years.

"In the village Nezlobnaya last searches were conducted in the homes of Jehovah's Witnesses in 1985 - said Paul Puzyrev.- Then one of Jehovah's Witnesses realized that for him at any moment to come to law enforcement officers to remove the Bible and Bible literature. History repeats itself. Only now, in 2016, even if you do not have anything forbidden, you can just throw it! "

Administrative Center of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia already know at least about 60 planted and fraud. "In most cases, the faithful are forced to helplessly throw up your hands, - he said Jaroslav Sivulskii representative tsentra.- However, cases in Nezlobnaya when the toss is fixed to the camera, prove very sad truth planted commit those who themselves have to protect the law and the right! It is their conscience. It is their responsibility - before God and men. "

Is everything clear for you ? Paul bubble is Paul Puzyrev:) Google translated his last name.МРО is LRO. 

"Only Now in2016 if you do not have anything forbidden you can just throw it "means they will put it near you and will say " It is yours".

Is it understandable?