JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Regards from Venezuela

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2357 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Well it's lovely having you here anyway Brother Antonio - perhaps you can tell me something I've been dying to know about Venezuela's current economic problems are they as bad as portrayed in some media? (Not many food shops with food or even clothing shops - people being killed in riots and families going without essentials). 

If it's happening in just one area, that's bad enough, but how widespread is it? You have all been our prayers here in NZ.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

On miércoles, 13 de julio de 2016 at 11:22 PM, Stormswift said:

Well it's lovely having you here anyway Brother Antonio - perhaps you can tell me something I've been dying to know about Venezuela's current economic problems are they as bad as portrayed in some media? (Not many food shops with food or even clothing shops - people being killed in riots and families going without essentials). 

If it's happening in just one area, that's bad enough, but how widespread is it? You have all been our prayers here in NZ.

It really is as bad as the news says. I`d say worse

There is shortage of everything you can imagine, Food, Medicine, Toilet Paper, Tooth Paste, Bread, Water, Cooking Oil, Gas, Cooking Gas, Electricity, Birth Control Pills, Diapers, Spare parts. The average monthly wage is about 27$. So you can only buy food for a week at non regulated prices or if you can find it buy the government regulated prices . The lines at the food stores and supermarket when the regulated products arrive are 5,6,7-hour long. Sometimes you can spend up to 12 hours and finally when you get inside the store there is nothing left to buy and if there is you cannot afford it. To give an example a box of eggs (24 eggs) may cost 3 days of salary, 1 bread half a day of salary.

People are eating mostly one meal a day, most of the time without proteins like Chicken, Beef. Some people pass out in the street because of bad nutrition.

Many people have been killed because of riots at the food lines, there are some people called 'bachaqueros' (food hoarders) they buy great quantities of these regulated products and then resell them at 4or 5 an even 10 times their original price. These bachaqueros are armed, well organized and supported by corrupt law officers. They are very dangerous and they threaten (and sometimes do it) to kill whoever try to buy the products before them. They take control of the stores when the food arrives and sometimes stores only sell the products to them because they bribe or threaten to destroy the store if they are not served first. Although the regulated products have buying restriction they always but any quantity they want.

The hyperinflation has also increased violent crime and robbery. For example, if you leave your car in a parking lot or in front of your kid’s school while you go to pick them up they may steal your battery, the car`s computer, even the tires.

There is a lot more than what I have told you. Like doctors doing surgery with their phones light, people looking for food in garbage cans or stopping the garbage truck to see what they may find. People assaulting food cargo trucks to take the products Meat, Milk, Beer, whatever.

People are dying because they cannot find or afford medicine for hypertension, diabetes, heart and other diseases.

The situation for the brotherhood here is not easy.

Most of the brothers who had cars have had to sell them because they cannot find or afford spare parts like tires, batteries, etc, so going to the mid week meetings is a real challenge, those of us who still have car have to make sometimes 5 rides to get everybody safe at home. Others who used to go to the meetings on cabs, cannot afford them anymore, sometimes they tell us when we shepherd them that they either go to the meeting on a cab ride or buy food for the day. A cab ride may cost up to 1.5 days of salary.

We had the Regional Assembly this past weekend, and some went without nothing to eat at the intermission, some had not eaten the day before.

We have organized to share the little food we may have with the brothers and sisters on the congregation. Although difficult we have seen Jehovah`s hand in this difficult times.

Our hope and faith is still strong, the Regional Convention sure was faith strengthening almost everyone even the CO was crying with the last talk.

But Jehovah has not forgotten us, these trials we see them as a way to perfect our faith, we know that in the Great Tribulation this training will come in handy.

We know that there is trouble for our whole association of our brothers in the world, we are very attentive of the world news as we can see that our liberation is near.

We have you in our prayers, please keep us in yours.

Sincerely,

Your brother,

Antonio

Colas.jpg

índice.jpg

índice2.jpg

images3.jpg

índice5.jpg

image_content_26106646_20160526132015.jpg

Edited by carlos

Suddenly I feel very selfish getting upset about our lot in life ... you have no idea how helpless I feel right now and how much we want to help. We will keep you all in our prayers. 

Keep hanging in there ... may Jehovah be with you all.  This has just quite literally torn my heart apart.  I was hoping the media was inflating it a bit - it seems they aren't.

Don't know what else to say honestly, except be assured we love you all very much and can't wait to see the blessings Jehovah has promised being poured out on all of you.

Can I ask? What kind of help have the JW's gained? In the sense of food and clothing is there a way of getting things in discreetly at all?

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Mi hermano Antonio!

Thank you for your report... but so saddened to read the contents. :(  It's difficult to imagine such depravation... and more distressing to know that our brothers and sisters are suffering, as well.

Something else to add to my prayers.  Would you mind if I shared your post with my "Witnesses Only" list on Facebook?  I know many friends would be interested.

Blessings to you... uani

2 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Suddenly I feel very selfish getting upset about our lot in life ... you have no idea how helpless I feel right now and how much we want to help. We will keep you all in our prayers. 

Keep hanging in there ... may Jehovah be with you all.  This has just quite literally torn my heart apart.  I was hoping the media was inflating it a bit - it seems they aren't.

Don't know what else to say honestly, except be assured we love you all very much and can't wait to see the blessings Jehovah has promised being poured out on all of you.

Can I ask? What kind of help have the JW's gained? In the sense of food and clothing is there a way of getting things in discreetly at all?

Thank you my brother, your words mean a lot.

That is difficult to discuss without in a way violating our christian neutrality or putting our brothers at risk, the governmet currently is not allowing any foreign humanitarian help.

20 minutes ago, Hope said:

Mi hermano Antonio!

Thank you for your report... but so saddened to read the contents. :(  It's difficult to imagine such depravation... and more distressing to know that our brothers and sisters are suffering, as well.

Something else to add to my prayers.  Would you mind if I shared your post with my "Witnesses Only" list on Facebook?  I know many friends would be interested.

Blessings to you... uani

You can do it if you wish, but please do not mention my name for security purposes. I wish the moderator could change my nickname, by mistake I used my real name. [DONE]

Edited by carlos

I get that, won't ask anymore - so the best thing we can do is offer up encouragement and our prayers.  You have them with all our heart. - Sister Mandi and Brother Tom. 

Edited by Stormswift

21 minutes ago, antonio.ojeda said:

You can do it if you wish, but please do not mention my name for security purposes. I wish the moderator could change my nickname, by mistake I used my real name.

Go down to the moderation section and ask them to Antonio I'm sure if they can they will. I think you can do it yourself actually. Maybe the other brothers and sisters can help here.

I'm sitting here applying these appalling conditions to brothers and sisters I know in person ... in my mind ... and it's inconceivable ... yet you are as dear and as valued as any brothers and sisters I know personally.  I just wish everyone in New Zealand could see life through your eyes ... then they would quit complaining.

Edited by Stormswift

5 minutes ago, Hope said:

Thank you, brother.... i will be exceedingly discreet.

Wow...just horrible.  I was like Mandi and hoping some of what I was hearing was inflated,  unfortunately it appears it is not. ..

Hope, it is good to spread the word,  I have seen some of your posts on the other groups,  all the prayers for those precious family members are very much needed.  Thanks for letting people know. ..

11 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

Wow...just horrible.  I was like Mandi and hoping some of what I was hearing was inflated,  unfortunately it appears it is not. ..

Hope, it is good to spread the word,  I have seen some of your posts on the other groups,  all the prayers for those precious family members are very much needed.  Thanks for letting people know. ..

Thank you all brothers and sisters, don`t feel sorry for us. Keep us in your prayers. Ask Jehovah to give us the strength to endure.

Agape.

Antonio

3 minutes ago, cricket246 said:

I could not help but shed tears as I read this.. My prayers go out to you dear ones as I didn't know things in Venezuela were this rough. May Jehovah be with you each step of the way!

Please, don`t feel sad dear sister. Jehovah is providing one way or another for each day.

Please, receive our Christian love.

My dear brother, this is horrendous. I think of the book of Revelation. We have read about the fulfillment of these prophecies, and, here it is. My heart hurts. Rest assured you dear ones will be remembered in our prayers. What you are going through puts our problems in prospective. Yes, the issue is Jehovah helping you to endure, Your opportunity to show loyalty to our precious Farher. May Jehovah be with you as you endure. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Strange thing is Brother Antonio and all the brothers and sisters are very positive (that's not strange haha) but they are looking at this to refine their faith for the coming Great Tribulation, whereas the conditions described above IS how I visualize the Great Tribulation ... we have no idea how bad the GT is going to get do we? What a wake-up call Brother Antonio thank you thank you thank you.

Hermano Antonio, my heart is indeed heavy as I hold back tears to read about the calamity that has befallen all but especially the brotherhood in Venezuela. We  appreciate your confirming the horrible situation as a "direct source" other than the news media. We can now pray for you and our sisters and brothers more fervently as we are currently doing for our spiritual family in Eritrea, South Korea, Singapore and Russia. As you alluded in your previous posts, these darkened times before us are a "time of testing" for Jehovah's people worldwide.  We must continue to pray for faith in these critical days now and that which is to come.  (I am happy that you were able to have your convention recently for "sustenence and covering.") However, I am reminded of the comforting words of the Apostle Paul who said:

Who will separate us from the love of the Christ? Will tribulation or distress or persecution or hunger or nakedness or danger or sword?--Romans 8:35.

For I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor governments nor things now here nor things to come nor powers nor height nor depth nor any other creation will be able to separate us from God’s love that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. -- vs. 38, 39.

Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of tender mercies and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our trials so that we may be able to comfort others in any sort of trial with the comfort that we receive from God. -- 2 Cor. 1:3, 4.

Please hermano, be rest assured of our prayers and Christian love.  May our great God Jehovah continue to be with you all.

Agape,
Hermana Sandra

((((((((((((((((((((((((((Brother Antonio)))))))))))))))))))))))))) <-----------Those are cyber hugs.Yes sad.gif

We are sisters.  We are brothers, sons and daughters and more.Music colorful notes.gif

And we love you, even though we've never met you before.Music colorful notes.gif  

Whole Association of our brothers.png

Group hug.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I had no idea this was going on, having found out only last night from a sister as we walked home from the meeting. So I went online when home and was horrified!! I immediately thought of the friends there, and thought to myself how the brothers here are taking care of it as far as needed supplies are concerned. 

Then I googled "Venezuela postal" and was disturbed again as food is a prohibited item, and packages will be checked. 

But I'm not too really much very worried about the friends there, as I'm absolutely certain Jehovah is and will care for them! I'm more than certain that they're putting Jehovah first as they always have, including preaching as to why this is happening, as it isn't only the political climate (the people want their leader ousted). I'm aware that a few or some of our friends just might succumb to death from lack of food or medical supplies (as a little 8 yr. old boy did), but even then Jehovah got them. 

What we have to do is continually pray in their behalf for Jehovah to continue caring for them, and above all...to keep their integrity as Satan doesn't care one iota if and when people are starving or not. His accusation still stands even during this trying time (think Job). 

Thank you All for your warm comments we really apprecciated them.

As bro Luezette wrote Jehovah is helping us in many ways, specially in the kingdom work. We are preaching like never before last week 86 new brothers and sisters in just one convention. Maybe these change in circumstances have made some people to think about God and the future.

As we go near the GT situations like ours should replicate All over the world.

So be steadfast and unmovable dear Brothers and Sisters.

And may Jehovah gives us strength to keep fighting the good fight

Your brother,

Antonio

You are such a strengthening aid to us too my brother, as well as, I'm sure, to the friends there in Venezuela! :)

Yes, as this system quickly nears its end, all of us will experience harrowing circumstances. Some of us may feel that our lives are in peril as indeed it just may be so. 

Yet, as long as we're faithful to Jehovah he promises that he'll take care of us thus be with us. That could be now or it might be when we wake up if that's Jehovah's will. Nooo, even the thought of dying is not pleasant, but even then all isn't lost because of the kingdom hope of the resurrection. 

So see? Jehovah got his people!!! No matter what!!!! 

So stay strong brother as you're so obviously doing! Continue letting Jehovah reply to that rascal Satan that his people are serving him because they love him!!!

You are doing well!! :rockon:.

Dear Brother Daniel 244, please accept heartfelt sadness for what you and our Christian FRiends are gong through. How did you even access us electronically?  LIke others on this site, I would like to directly help.  Guess I will have to make sure I donate to the world wide work. OUr brothers know how to direct resources. Agape to those in Venezuela

Thank you. Dear sister Kejedo. We have internet access still working vía CANTV, although is controlled by THE government is still affordable. We are using it at its fullest to enjoy Jw.ORG, Jw broadcasting and other provisions. You can't imagine how much we long for the monthly program and All the other faith strengthening vídeos and publications.

At least we are not being persecuted by our beliefs.

Ágape

Antonio