JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Regards from Venezuela

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2379 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

It's really good to have this substantiated brother Antonio ... here in New Zealand the Media may highlight a disaster in a  certain country, (natural or economic as in this case) then two days later the news is back to highlighting the important stuff - like what the Mayor of Auckland does in his private time - and we are left with unfinished stories, no follow-up and a feeling frankly NZ doesn't care about what is happening in other places.

The Haiti earthquake was a prime example, it was a disaster of heartbreaking proportions - we get a few nights of reporting then it's dropped, those people like your people in Venezula are still going through nightmarish stuff in order to just survive. The Christchurch earthquake - though on a smaller scale, we still have people living in the back yards because they can't live in their red zoned homes, but most of those in Auckland NZ would not have a clue.

So to know what is really going on is a blessing for us in respect we have something tangible to pray about, and as we go through our day you brothers and sisters are remembered in our conversations as if you really are part of our family who are going through hard times - well you are family, just family we haven't yet met. And we are also able to relate to other brothers and sisters, honestly they didn't haven any idea of the depth of the depravity you are all enduring.

Brother Antonio, we (Tom and I) were wondering if you were at all able to convey to the brothers and sisters just how strengthening we are finding their firm stand, their faith, their endurance, if they can stand firm in an examplary way under these conditions then we can do ... this has united us ... please if you can, and it's appropriate to do so, please tell them they are making our faith stronger too ... and we all want to meet you all in the New System.

Warmest love

Tom and Amanda (mandi)

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Nicely said Mandi, it's the same here in Australia, and it's sickening to hear petty rubbish on the news when the realities of disasters and hunger are affecting people - our brothers and sisters - in other parts of the world. 

Thank you Antonio for letting us know how you are coping, because it shows us Jehovah's tender care for his people who are staying loyal as you brothers and sisters are there. We are supporting you in our prayers as we know Jehovah is sustaining you.

It is appropiate to mention your sincere concern about the brothers here and I will do it in my next asignment at the meetings. You know sometimes the brothers may feel that they are enduring alone their calamities. But it is a good reminder that all over the world our brotherhood is thinking of our situation and asking Jehovah in our behalf. Thank you all my dear brothers and sister. You really know how to encourage a tired soul.

As I write this a fellow elder with decades serving Jehovah is asking for specific food for His condition, he tells me that not eating proteins for weeks now is taking a toll on him because of His Health condition. 

Let s see If tomorrow we may be able to help.

Agape

Antonio

Well, here the tears are. As I read this.  Your wonderful example, as well as our dear brothers and sisters. Here I am in Northern California, and as a result of this thread, there are two things I can do. Remember you dear ones in my prayers, daily, ask our Father for for help to enable you to endure with joy, and put a bit extra in the contribution box, with our friends in Venezuela quietly in my heart. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Dear Antonio, thank you for your report on what's going on in Venezuela. While I was watching the news about the situation in your country, I was wondering about our brothers. In my country we suffered also by economic crisis but it's not so bad as your place. Be strong brother. Your faith is very valuable for us. I will share your report with local friends of mine who lost their jobs and they are worried about their future. And while I'm looking your avatar, it reminds me the phrase we heard by Ezekiah on Sunday's drama: "With us is Jehovah our God to help us and to fight our battles". 

20 hours ago, Daniel244 said:

Good evening my dear ones. The elder did find what he needed Oh Jehovah our God is so tender and faithful with His servants. I guess what Jesus said about asking the meal for today is true.

Taste and see that Jehovah is good!

Thank you for relating your personal experiences as well Bro. Pavlos.  I've been watching the news and the Venezuela crisis is making scant coverage here in my area.  After my Sunday meeting this afternoon, I had an in-depth conversation with one of our pioneers about the "Remain Loyal to Jehovah"  RC and the sufferings that many of Jehovah's people are going through.  She also was not aware of the crisis in Venezuela and very few people are aware.  If it's appropriate, I feel that the more friends know about this situation, then they too can pray for our brethren.

I'm looking forward to the special spiritual feast this weekend! Praise Jah!

Edited by Omo_Yeme

Greetings dear ones.

Today there was much food sharing after the meeting, many of the brothers and sisters shared wathever they had in surplus and many benefited. One sister that makes frappe Ice Cream (cepillados) for a living, received 2 packs of sugar. Others received flour, and such.

While non believers tend to hoard anything they can gets their hands on, Jehovah`s people share what they have.

That`s what "those that are taught by Jehovah" do in these last days, and that`s why our peace is abundant. (Isa 54:13)

What a blessing is our brotherhood

Agape,

Antonio

Good morning brother Antonio,

I read last night that the border with Colombia had been opened briefly, apparently for the second time, so Venezuelans could cross and get food.  I was just wondering how true this is.  

Agape

Terri

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

16 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

Good morning brother Antonio,

I read last night that the border with Colombia had been opened briefly, apparently for the second time, so Venezuelans could cross and get food.  I was just wondering how true this is.  

Agape

Terri

Yes that is true sister Terri, about 60 thousand people crossed the border to buy food, that is in the State of Tachira, but I really don`t think that the brothers and sisters went there, there are tv cameras making a political show about it.

Besides, the Regional Conventions are fully underway all over the country, spiritual food is what we need the most right now.

Edited by Daniel244

Add information

10 minutes ago, Greg Dent said:

Thank you Brother Antonio. I appreciate the report both my wife and I had tears in our hearts and eyes. Jehovah's day cannot come soon enough. For all our sakes.

Please brother, don`t cry Jehovah our God is sustaining us, may your faith in Him will always be strong.

Agape

Antonio

Ok, some quick update about the people who crossed the border to Colombia to buy food.

Social media news report that the National Guard is confiscating some of the products that the people bought in Colombia as they reenter the country.

It`d be very sad if a brother or a sister miss his/her Convention to cross the border to buy food to then get the items confiscated.

That`s why I prefer Jehovah`s solution than man`s. Proverbs 10:22.

As horrific as this is, we must remember the reasons Jehovah is allowing this (for he can stop this in less time than it takes to blink). We'll start with the Garden of Eden:

▪Is Jehovah's rule right for us?

▪Is Jehovah holding out on us good things? 

▪Can man successfully rule independently from Jehovah? In other words, do we need him? 

Now let's do Job.

▪Does Jehovah have servants who love him? 

▪Orrr, are his servants obeying him merely for the blessings?

Once those issues are settled, then and only then will Jehovah step in. You see, although the friends there are suffering terribly, Jehovah got them. We do not have a breaking point as in "I can't take this! So forget it!" For Jehovah promises to give us "power beyond what is normal..." so that the friends can keep their integrity. And from what Antonio has written, that is exactly what Jehovah is doing!! The power is God's through his spirit. Praise him for he has kept his word!! 

So although I too am greatly disturbed and very agitated by what's going on which such emotions are quite normal by the way, I'm really not too much. Why? Because our God who feels that anyone touching us is like touching his eyeball...he got this!!!

Ha! You can best be believing that!! Nothing escapes him. Nothing!! Humph!!

Edited by Luezette

1 minute ago, Luezette said:

As horrific as this is, we must remember the reasons Jehovah is allowing this (for he can stop this in less time than it takes to blink). We'll start with the Garden of Eden:

▪Is Jehovah's rule right for us?

▪Is Jehovah holding out on us good things? 

▪Can man successfully rule independently from Jehovah? In other words, do we need him? 

Now let's do Job.

▪Does Jehovah have servants who love him? 

▪Orrr, are his servants obeying him merely for the blessings?

Once those issues are settled, then and only then will Jehovah step in. You see, although the friends there are suffering terribly, Jehovah got them. We do not have a breaking point as in "I can't take this! So forget it!" For Jehovah promises to "power beyond what is normal..." So that the friends can keep their integrity. And from what Antonio has written, that is exactly what Jehovah is doing!! The power is God's through his spirit. Praise him for he has kept his word!! 

So although I too am greatly disturbed and very agitated by what's going on which is quite normal by the way, I'm really not too much. Why? Because our God who feels that anyone touching us is like touching his eyeball...he got this!!!

Ha! You can best be believing that!! Nothing escapes him. Nothing!! Humph!!

I completely agree with your post Sister Luezette

I too, believe Jehovah has all his people in countries like Venezula and Haiti, Japan and many other countries firmly in his big strong arms. 

Tears are a good thing Brother Antonio ... it is a release valve for us, but the most important factor is :

Jehovah stores up the tears of the righteous in his water bottle ... his water bottle will be full, and that along with prayers will transform into solid blessings from Jehovah.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

44 minutes ago, Daniel244 said:

It`d be very sad if a brother or a sister miss his/her Convention to cross the border to buy food to then get the items confiscated.

That`s why I prefer Jehovah`s solution than man`s. Proverbs 10:22.

And here is a lesson for us! Even if the "borders are open" and that seems to be the only way from the world's point of view, you are protected and rewarded when you do it Jehovah's way .  I'm so glad to hear your experiences as they are really fortifying my resolve too. 

Ps 9:9, 10 Jehovah will become a secure refuge for the oppressed, A secure refuge in times of distress.  Those knowing your name will trust in you; You will never abandon those seeking you, O Jehovah.

Yes, I thought of that too (crossing the border for foodstuffs, esp during convention time, or any meeting). I think (and take "I think" literally as in I'm not sure) that would be like God's people turning to Egypt for assistance. 

From Antonio's information, and Jehovah's reputation, it appears the friends are holding up though we do know that it's certainly not an easy thing. But they're doing it not because they're superman/woman but because, again, Jehovah promised and he's obviously keeping his word that he'll give them "power beyond what is normal." And this is certainly not normal. 

I am aghast at seeing the Venezuelan people actually eating garbage! It pains me! That means that not only are they reeling from the pangs of hunger but now they may reel from the pain of poisoning from mold! And to top that off, medical care, you might as well say, is practically non existent! 

Oh how we pray for Jehovah's kingdom government! 

Yet, O how Jehovah is showing extraordinary patience!!! And it's all because, first, he's having his name known! Secondly, he's letting people see that indeed man's government is nothing more than a ruse begun by the god who is full of nothing but tricks...hurtful, nasty, dirty tricks!! 

But soon, very soon, after Jehovah feels enough is enough he will spring into action. Oh yes, he has always sprung into action, yes. But the one I'm referring to will be the action of all actions!! ARMAGEDDON!!

16 minutes ago, Luezette said:

Yes, I thought of that too (crossing the border for foodstuffs, esp during convention time, or any meeting). I think (and take "I think" literally as in I'm not sure) that would be like God's people turning to Egypt for assistance. 

From Antonio's information, and Jehovah's reputation, it appears the friends are holding up though we do know that it's certainly not an easy thing. But they're doing it not because they're superman/woman but because, again, Jehovah promised and he's obviously keeping his word that he'll give them "power beyond what is normal." And this is certainly not normal. 

I am aghast at seeing the Venezuelan people actually eating garbage! It pains me! That means that not only are they reeling from the pangs of hunger but now they may reel from the pain of poisoning from mold! And to top that off, medical care, you might as well say, is practically non existent! 

Oh how we pray for Jehovah's kingdom government! 

Yet, O how Jehovah is showing extraordinary patience!!! And it's all because, first, he's having his name known! Secondly, he's letting people see that indeed man's government is nothing more than a ruse begun by the god who is full of nothing but tricks...hurtful, nasty, dirty tricks!! 

But soon, very soon, after Jehovah feels enough is enough he will spring into action. Oh yes, he has always sprung into action, yes. But the one I'm referring to will be the action of all actions!! ARMAGEDDON!!

As hunger mounts, Venezuelans turn to trash for food.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/5ee6b03daee141c3b89d419ecadcc7fa/venezuelans-pick-through-trash-food-eat-or-sell

Of the 113 publishers in our congregation, none is having to go through this. But it is happening, I know the elders in the nearer congregations would make us aware of it if one of our brothers or sisters is resorting to this.

This whole situation is proving us that Jehovah provides through his organization, even when help from the outside brotherhood is not possible. Can you imagine a brother or a sister with nothing to eat for the next day, receiving the provision from Jehovah by obeying the mandate of Heb 10:24,25?.