JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Literature Coordinator

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2809 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Greetings brothers,

Please i will like any of the matured brothers who have been privileged or still serving as the Literature Coordinator to please help in explaining to me what are the roles of a Literature Coordinator and what does it mean? Why i need to know is because yesterday after our BOE meeting my coordinator said the holy spirit as appointed me as the Kingdom Hall Literature coordinator for the 4 congregations using the Kingdom Hall and i was just looking not knowing what he was talking about and what i saw was that the BOE all pointed to me to be the Literature Coordinator and what my coordinator said was that it is a high demanding task.

Please i will appreciate it if any brothers who are currently serving in this capacity should please share with me.

Thank you.

Bro. PO

Being a sister, I cannot really give you any advice on your new assignment, Peter, but just know that leaning on Jehovah with many prayers, and not being afraid to ask questions, will be your role. If  you were selected to do this, then know that the other elders feel you can do this.

Agape'

MizPeg

The Literature coordinator cares for and orders all the stock literature for all the congregations that share your kingdom hall.  This means checking for literature campaign offers well in advance and making sure you will have enough stock. 

You need to work closely the other congregations literature servants and service overseers.  Good communication is needed.  You should always work closely with your own service overseer.

Brother, you are in very good hands. Yes, the elders thought you are qualified, but even more important, Jehovah thinks so. All things are a process. I am sure adequate help is available for you. Relax, and enjoy your assignmentJehovah has given you.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I did a lot of territory work and to me, it is a highly job too because lives are involved. A matter of fact I dug into deep into the territories and found out that one territory was not being covered for at least 3 years and have  104 souls live there and brought it to attention and taken care of. Plus, there was 2 territories was wasn't done and it was huge, the friends were scared to work there because of misunderstanding of a sign, and I ended up doing most of the territories. In two or three days.

5 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

The Literature coordinator cares for and orders all the stock literature for all the congregations that share your kingdom hall.  This means checking for literature campaign offers well in advance and making sure you will have enough stock. 

You need to work closely the other congregations literature servants and service overseers.  Good communication is needed.  You should always work closely with your own service overseer.

yup and fixing any problems that may come up 

, all so   ask an elder for help  when needed or if needed 

your assent  literature servants

Edited by bobby

One question relating to this subject:

How does any literature coordinator around (if there are others) count the tracts during the monthly inventory? 

We have to make an inventory of every entry, leave and stock of every publication. The problem is that,  in the case of the tracts, we always have more than 500 or even 1000... Só,  making an exact inventory seems almost impossible.... Do you make an estimation? Or do you count each and every single one? 

Edited by jayrtom

Typos

Making an exact count of tracts would be almost impossible, or very time consuming, and not necessary.  My trick is to stack the tracts in lots of 100.  I'll order 800 or 1600 tracts.  I take the pile of tracts, divide it into 2, then again, and again, so I have piles of about 100 tracts.  Then alternatively stack them.   I can then quickly count the 100s and guess the remaining part 100.

1 hour ago, Jonathan77 said:

Making an exact count of tracts would be almost impossible, or very time consuming, and not necessary.  My trick is to stack the tracts in lots of 100.  I'll order 800 or 1600 tracts.  I take the pile of tracts, divide it into 2, then again, and again, so I have piles of about 100 tracts.  Then alternatively stack them.   I can then quickly count the 100s and guess the remaining part 100.

Cutting corners eh .... only joking!

As a literature Co-ordinator myself I agree with what has been said. Communication is vital with the service overseers and literature servants of every congregation in your Kingdom Hall. Thankfully we have a foreign language congregation so that helps me out a little .... but their English orders still have to come via me. For communication I use email and whatsapp for getting messages through.

To stay "ahead of the demand" for literature needs I refer to the meeting workbooks as soon as they become available online. From that I order the literature offers that are featured so that when it comes to discussing the material in the "Apply Yourself to the Field Ministry" section of the midweek meeting there is enough literature for the congregation and for the field. With trolleys and public witnessing becoming a key feature now, our literature needs are increasing.

Enjoy the role and serve with joy!

2 hours ago, jayrtom said:

One question relating to this subject:

How does any literature coordinator around (if there are others) count the tracts during the monthly inventory? 

The form instructions state that you should measure the stack.  Tracts (1 inch = 300 (in America).  I guess that is 5 cm = 600 tracts but it should say on the inventory form S-28.  It is marked right at the break between brochures and tracts on page 2.

2 hours ago, jwhess said:

The form instructions state that you should measure the stack.  Tracts (1 inch = 300 (in America).  I guess that is 5 cm = 600 tracts but it should say on the inventory form S-28.  It is marked right at the break between brochures and tracts on page 2.

Thanks, I'll check that.... Didn't notice that instruction... ;) 

This may be a branch specific thing, but the congregation tab on the login section of jw.org has details of the upcoming literature offers and the deadline of when to order them.  But I have noticed that sometimes there is a difference between that and the Meeting Workbook.

Example -  it lists the Good News From God brochure is the literature offer for both July and August.  However,  the August Workbook and sample video presentations shows a presentation for the Listen to God brochure.

For May and June it listed three specific tracts as the offer (T33,34,35).  The June video presentation showed a presentation for the Kingdom Tract (T37).

This has caused a few conflicts.  And it seems that the elders don't see that information, only the literature brothers.

I know that in the past there has always been a slight difference with the literature offers in the UK compared with US.  And now there isn't a local edition of the MWB, but the literature offers are still slightly different.

To show what I mean, and not to give away confidential information, here is a snippet of the screen.

Capture.JPG

It must be something with your branch, because I can't see that listing with publications (and I am the literature servant).

The service overseer recently gave me a copy of a letter with the publications we will offer every month until next summer, but it would be useful to have in on the site.

1 hour ago, carlos said:

It must be something with your branch, because I can't see that listing with publications (and I am the literature servant).

Br. Carlos,  When you login to the JW.ORG website (login for servants), click on the tab at the top that says "Congregation".  What Jonathan showed (partially) is displayed.  The multiple months and issues for the magazines are at the top and the offers for the next few months are at the bottom with indications of 'request by' and 'purpose' columns shown.

9 hours ago, carlos said:

The service overseer recently gave me a copy of a letter with the publications we will offer every month until next summer, but it would be useful to have in on the site.

we only have one until the end of this year   ...   is this the first time you have been given one until NEXT SUMMER???   !!! 

...   and I thought the end of this year was pushing it!   ...  although I am expecting adjustments - as the world changes??

Edited by timpin

For congregational assignments, ministerial servants are trained by the elders in their own congregations. There is no need to go to a forum to ask opinions from those who may not understand fully the procedures. 

Please can the mods review this topic as it can reveal sensitive information. 

I'm not being negative, I'm simply following instructions. 

Thank you. 

16 hours ago, jwhess said:

Br. Carlos,  When you login to the JW.ORG website (login for servants), click on the tab at the top that says "Congregation".  What Jonathan showed (partially) is displayed.  The multiple months and issues for the magazines are at the top and the offers for the next few months are at the bottom with indications of 'request by' and 'purpose' columns shown.

Thank you, John. It's there, just down the page.

Right now it only shows one item, the yearly publications for 2017, that's why I didn't identify it.

I seriously thank you brothers and sister for your kind words of encouragement. I was with my secretary yesterday sunday after our meetings and i told him his support to guide me when i will startup the responsibility. Thank you and i have taken all what you all said in prayer to Jehovah.

Please there is something i saw when i logged on to the JW login. Allow me to paste it below:

Need to Submit Literature Request Promptly

Dear Brothers: We would like to kindly remind you of the importance of submitting your semi-monthly literature inventory as well as your request for annual literature items on time. The importance of this cannot be over-stressed as some have forgotten to order the annual items, and the publishers in the congregation have had to use the Examining the Scriptures booklet from the previous year. Also, all service overseers and literature servants are strongly encouraged to submit their monthly literature requests promptly. We sincerely appreciate your efforts in this regard. Best wishes.—CCJW.

The question is after reading thru the message on the "Need to Submit Literature Request Promptly" at the end after Best Wishes. i saw "CCJW" please brothers what does CCJW stands for? Thank you.

Bro. PO

On July 16, 2016 at 6:22 PM, carlos said:

we only have a letter posted on our information board for all placements until the end of this year   ...   is this the first time you have been given one until NEXT SUMMER???   !!! 

... can you share with us what next years placements are until next summer?

13 minutes ago, timpin said:

we only have a letter posted on our information board for all placements until the end of this year   ...   is this the first time you have been given one until NEXT SUMMER???   !!! 

... can you share with us what next years placements are until next summer?

Sure! This is for Spain, some publications may vary in other countries.

July and August 2016: brochures Good News From God! / Listen to God / Listen to God and Live Forever.

September 2016: Special campaign with The Watchtower.

October 2016: Invitation to congregation meetings and video What happens at a Kingdom Hall?

November and December 2016: video Why Study the Bible and Bible Teach book.

January and February 2017: brochure Was Life Created? and if appropriate for the territory The Origin of Life—Five Questions Worth Asking.

March and April 2017: Memorial campaign. Before and after the campaign, tract What Is the Kingdom of God?

May and June 2017: brochure Your Family Can Be Happy and Family section on JW.org or What Is the Key to Happy Family Life? tract.

July and August 2017: Bible Study showing the video What Happens at a Bible Study?

2 hours ago, posemeke said:

I seriously thank you brothers and sister for your kind words of encouragement. I was with my secretary yesterday sunday after our meetings and i told him his support to guide me when i will startup the responsibility. Thank you and i have taken all what you all said in prayer to Jehovah.

Please there is something i saw when i logged on to the JW login. Allow me to paste it below:

Need to Submit Literature Request Promptly

Dear Brothers: We would like to kindly remind you of the importance of submitting your semi-monthly literature inventory as well as your request for annual literature items on time. The importance of this cannot be over-stressed as some have forgotten to order the annual items, and the publishers in the congregation have had to use the Examining the Scriptures booklet from the previous year. Also, all service overseers and literature servants are strongly encouraged to submit their monthly literature requests promptly. We sincerely appreciate your efforts in this regard. Best wishes.—CCJW.

The question is after reading thru the message on the "Need to Submit Literature Request Promptly" at the end after Best Wishes. i saw "CCJW" please brothers what does CCJW stands for? Thank you.

Bro. PO

Brother Peter, 

That message is exactly why the holy spirit has directed the elders to appoint you as literature coordinator. Apparently there is a desperate need to maintain order in the literature department and order the literature on time. I trust that you will take your new appointment seriously and bring much needed literature to the congregation. :)