JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Beware of Deceit - Talk by Kenneth Flodin

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2803 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I do wish that sometimes thread titles and/or posts would be a little more explanatory. When I read this title and only saw a link posted, I thought it was a warning post saying Flodin could not be trusted. 

Could we please be a little clearer with this type of post? 

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

11 minutes ago, Qapla said:

I do wish that sometimes thread titles and/or posts would be a little more explanatory. When I read this title and only saw a link posted, I thought it was a warning post saying Flodin could not be trusted. 

Sorry, I tried changing the title but it was too late. 

7 minutes ago, mserskine said:

Sorry, I tried changing the title but it was too late. 

I know the feeling ... 

Since it is hard (impossible) to change the title, just post a description of the link - not just the link when you post a link - it really helps

I try to never post only a link

For instance, you could have simply posted:

A new talk by Kenneth Flodin on JW Braodcasting

https://tv.jw.org/#en/video/VODProgramsEvents/pub-jwbmw_201607_2_VIDEO

Edited by Qapla

24 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Curious - why would that be the first thought to your mind upon reading that?  That would never occur to me...

Edited by Hope

There have been some posts on this forum that included a warning about a site or person. I did not immediately place who Flodin was.

So, I saw "Beware of Deceit" and the name of a man

I almost did not even look at the post. In fact, I meant to click on a different thread but my screen refreshed and that post moved up just when I clicked. Then I saw the link but no description - I still was not sure what the thread was about. It wasn't until I looked again and saw the link was at jw.org that I decided to check it out. I often pass on posted links that do not explain where or why the link is being posted because I do not want to click on a link that takes me to a site that is loaded with cookies (or whatever) - so, unless there is some sort of description about the link - I often just hit the back button and leave the post.

I so totally agree. At first glance it seems way different then what it actually is! But, I have to say, I catch myself being cryptic, and try not to be. Just a lack of thought, I'm sure. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

As Brother John stated:

"so, unless there is some sort of description about the link - I often just hit the back button and leave the post."

Even if description is in the Topic Header I don't often click on an unidentified link.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I don't usually click on a link either but if it points to jw.org I have no issue. Plus the op usually posts videos when they show up. Guess I recognised the name as well which meant I didn't see anything possibly untoward.

I can see how others could be confused though. :)

Edited by Mykyl

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

I often pass on posted links that do not explain where or why the link is being posted because I do not want to click on a link that takes me to a site that is loaded with cookies (or whatever) - so, unless there is some sort of description about the link - I often just hit the back button and leave the post.

Or if a link is more than five minutes long ... *chuckles. Good morning Qapla.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

46 minutes ago, Mykyl said:

I don't usually click on a link either but if it points to jw.org I have no issue. Plus the op usually posts videos when they show up. Guess I recognised the name as well which meant I didn't see anything possibly untoward.

I can see how others could be confused though. :)

Agreed a direct link to jw.org qualifies the link without any additional wording in my opinion.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."