JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

September Broadcast

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2777 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Everything that is on the public section of the JW.org server is public. Things that are not meant to be public are password-protected in the private area.

In contrast with conventions or other special occasions where we are specifically told not to spoil them for others, we have never been encouraged to keep the contents of the monthly program just for us, but rather the opposite. That would be like saying we can't talk about this week's meeting because some friends don't have it until Friday. Some friends watch the broadcasting as soon as it appears, while others watch it later during the month.

I'm sure that we as mature Christians can all find a way to do what we prefer while respecting the choices of the rest. Surely we wouldn't want any visitors to this public section watch us arguing for such petty issues.

Edited by carlos

Would it be best not to discuss the program until it actually appears on the tv.jw.org website?  I'm sure that those of us who download it early can wait a few hours before discussing it here.

How about other languages? They might not appear the exact same minute as the Albanian one, which seems to be uploaded first. Some languages do not have song 151 until maybe later this month. Should we wait to talk about it?

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 9/7/2016 at 5:29 AM, AH173 said:

Brother Andrej is confirming what I'm going to a 6 month computer Certification course for. 

If one understand how to access files from a public server (where the digital files are at and being staged for broadcasting to other servers for public consumption) using logical means (the logical and sequential naming of files)  that the organization uses,  then that's how public internet based material is disseminated for the masses. 

It's not a bad thing to access before it's released to  the general public. It's not hacking, it's not accessing data that is encrypted and secured. 

I think the Scriptures clearly show that- if what others do bothers or offends them but not a Scriptural law or principle breaking - that person or group of persons need to make their own decision while not demeaning or imputing bad motives on others. I would think that is clearly shown in the Bible. 

Is it wise to run ahead of the spiritual chariot ? I choose to stay put and wait for the OFFICIAL upload on Jw.Broadcasting .

We are encouraged to keep the PACE with the chariot and that is sufficient for me.

Keeping pace with God’s visible organization in this respect requires that we keep up with the flow of spiritual food as it is supplied at the proper time.

So what is the proper time to access broadcasting ? 

Do we need to resort to complicated tech knowledge maneuvers and downloads ?

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Some have likened this to the podcasts and RSS feeds.  Some people get the Watchtower or other things a few days ahead of the OFFICIAL posting on the home page of JW.org but the organization posts them so they can be read "if you have the app" to do it.  Those that use this service do not feel they are 'running ahead' of the publication release, they just have  a podcast feature to find it earlier than the webpage "home" screen.  Just a comparison (not an argument).

2 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Some have likened this to the podcasts and RSS feeds.  Some people get the Watchtower or other things a few days ahead of the OFFICIAL posting on the home page of JW.org but the organization posts them so they can be read "if you have the app" to do it.  Those that use this service do not feel they are 'running ahead' of the publication release, they just have  a podcast feature to find it earlier than the webpage "home" screen.  Just a comparison (not an argument).

I don't believe that Jw.Broadcasting is part of RSS feeds or podcast feature etc...

To access RC new releases we are "required" to press have you attended the convention button so we don't spoil information for others - same principal applies to Broadcasting and in my personal opinion should be only discussed when becomes officially available visible to ALL ... not just tech people. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 minute ago, Gregexplore said:

should be only discussed when becomes officially available visible to ALL

...don't look....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Just now, Gregexplore said:

trying :whistling:LOL

You are safe for a couple of weeks. The Sept broadcast is public and the Oct broadcast hasn't been uploaded yet..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

30 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

I don't believe that Jw.Broadcasting is part of RSS feeds or podcast feature etc...

To access RC new releases we are "required" to press have you attended the convention button so we don't spoil information for others - same principal applies to Broadcasting and in my personal opinion should be only discussed when becomes officially available visible to ALL ... not just tech people. 

Br. Greg, Please go to the magazine page on the JW.ORG site and note the "podcast" button at the top of the page.  It takes you to a feature to help you locate a special URL for the feeds.  If you select one of them and then open a COMMERCIAL podcast or RSS feed reader and paste it into that program, you will get access to the advanced copy of the magazine (usually 1-3 days early).  It also works on the "What's New" page as well (for news articles).  It is listed as "subscribe" in this spot. I mean, the brothers at Brooklyn (or wherever it is now) help you find the "secret" URL on our own website and then tell you where to put it to make it work.  I am still not arguing, just informing.

Here is a copy of the JW.ORG help/instructions direct from our website:

What is an RSS Feed or Podcast?

RSS feeds are a way of distributing almost any type of syndicated Web content. Feeds can be subscribed to using a variety of programs called feed readers or aggregators. Podcasts are files which are syndicated via an RSS feed, such as audio and video files. Podcast files can be downloaded and then used on a computer or a portable device such as an iPod or MP3 player. You can select which feed or podcast you want to subscribe to and you can also unsubscribe at any time.

While all the files available for podcasting on this website can also be manually downloaded, the advantage of subscribing to a podcast is that your podcasting software will automatically download newly-posted content for you.

How to Subscribe

The Podcasts link opens a new browser window containing the options available for feed subscriptions. Choose the LanguageMagazine and File Format you wish to subscribe to. The correct feed URL displays for the file format you selected. Copy the Feed URL and paste it into your podcasting software or RSS feed reader. Some file formats offer multiple feed subscription options. For example, if the selected magazine is also available in large print, a separate feed URL displays for large print. You may subscribe to as many feeds as you desire.

Edited by jwhess

added content

6 hours ago, jwhess said:

Br. Greg, Please go to the magazine page on the JW.ORG site and note the "podcast" button at the top of the page.  It takes you to a feature to help you locate a special URL for the feeds.  If you select one of them and then open a COMMERCIAL podcast or RSS feed reader and paste it into that program, you will get access to the advanced copy of the magazine (usually 1-3 days early).  It also works on the "What's New" page as well (for news articles).  It is listed as "subscribe" in this spot. I mean, the brothers at Brooklyn (or wherever it is now) help you find the "secret" URL on our own website and then tell you where to put it to make it work.  I am still not arguing, just informing.

RSS feeds are a way of distributing almost any type of syndicated Web content. Feeds can be subscribed to using a variety of programs called feed readers or aggregators. Podcasts are files which are syndicated via an RSS feed, such as audio and video files. Podcast files can be downloaded and then used on a computer or a portable device such as an iPod or MP3 player. You can select which feed or podcast you want to subscribe to and you can also unsubscribe at any time.

While all the files available for podcasting on this website can also be manually downloaded, the advantage of subscribing to a podcast is that your podcasting software will automatically download newly-posted content for you.

How to Subscribe

The Podcasts link opens a new browser window containing the options available for feed subscriptions. Choose the LanguageMagazine and File Format you wish to subscribe to. The correct feed URL displays for the file format you selected. Copy the Feed URL and paste it into your podcasting software or RSS feed reader. Some file formats offer multiple feed subscription options. For example, if the selected magazine is also available in large print, a separate feed URL displays for large print. You may subscribe to as many feeds as you desire.

Thank you John,

I never felt you are arguing

We all are only expressing different views and opinions  ... nothing wrong with it .

10 hours ago, jwhess said:

How to Subscribe

I know this and I am figuring out how to subscribe, thank you dear brother :) 

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

On 09/09/2016 at 5:43 AM, Jonathan77 said:

Talking about Song 151.  If you like it

.... Do I ever!

Wow!  A bit of an understatement - "it reminds us that the time is getting near when the anointed will hear the final call".  We've not had songs so sharply in focus to where we are in Jehovah's timetable.  Every time I hear the broadcast, I think this is the best one ever!  Again!

21 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

.... Do I ever!

Wow!  A bit of an understatement - "it reminds us that the time is getting near when the anointed will hear the final call".  We've not had songs so sharply in focus to where we are in Jehovah's timetable.  Every time I hear the broadcast, I think this is the best one ever!  Again!

Only Holy spirit of Jehovah knows how you and I feel, hatcheckgirl (:P)

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

And that first bit about favourite children was interesting, huh?  I was just having this very conversation with my sister (she is the favourite, but denies it).  Can't wait till she's caught up with the broadcast so we can "discuss" this again (:raspberry:).

Good thing our heavenly father has no favourite!

And that first bit about favourite children was interesting, huh?  I was just having this very conversation with my sister (she is the favourite, but denies it).  Can't wait till she's caught up with the broadcast so we can "discuss" this again (:raspberry:).

The ones who do his will are his favourites - considered righteous even now. But as for human parents, being the favourite is not always a pleasant position. It creates a lot of strain. Sometimes we even ignore it. Maybe your sister feels she is doing you a service by denying it?

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”