JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2798 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I have been given this encouraging poem or more aptly a memo by a friend ... you may have seen it . but if you haven't please enjoy. We don't know who wrote it, so if you have more information to add please do.

I am Jehovah.

I am Jehovah. Today I will be handling all of your problems. 

Please remember that I do not need your help.

If Satan delivers a situation to you that you cannot handle,

Do not attempt to resolve it.

Kindly put it into the SFJTD box (Something for Jehovah to do)

It will be addressed in my time, not yours.

Once the matter is placed in the box, 

do NOT hold onto it or  attempt to remove it

Holding onto it or removal will delay the resolution of your problem.

If you think it is a situation you can handle, 

consult with me in prayer to be sure it is the proper resolution.

Because I do not sleep, I do not slumber.

There is no need for you to lose any sleep

Go ahead and get some rest.

If you need to contact me,

I'm only a prayer away.

Your Creator and Friend

Jehovah

Ps 55:22,  1 Peter 5:6,7

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Mandi, when I saw the name of this topic, I immediately wanted to check it out because I am in the book of Leviticus for my daily bible reading right now and after many of the commands Jehovah gives the Isrealites, he says "I am Jehovah". I tried to do research on why He would make that statement so many times and the only thing I could come up with is that it reminds them that they serve a Holy God, unlike the nations around them. I thought perhaps you were wondering the same thing as me! But I got a wonderful surprise with this poem! Thank you for sharing it with all of us!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Revelation 4:11 (one of my favorite scriptures) immediately comes to my mind, Mandi, as I read what your friend sent you. Thank you much for reminding me of Jehovah's deep love—a love that I'm still trying to grasp after almost 50 years of daily thinking about it. 

I thought of Is 43:11 " I—I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior.”

But then I read the beautiful poem, and I thought about the meaning of Jehovah's name - that it is not limited to what he himself chooses to become. It also includes what he causes to happen with regard to his creation and the accomplishment of his purpose. http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/402015922?q=jehovah+meaning&p=par

So, Jehovah in your poem is the Resolver of our problems, a Refuge, a Carer, a Friend.