JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Earthquake in Italy

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2732 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

ACCUMOLI, Italy, Aug 24 (Reuters) - A powerful earthquake devastated a string of mountainous towns in central Italy on Wednesday, trapping residents under piles of rubble, killing at least 38 people and leaving thousands homeless. The quake struck in the early hours of the morning when most residents were asleep, razing homes and buckling roads in a cluster of communities some 140 km (85 miles) east of Rome. As rescue workers carried away the body of the infant, carefully covered by a small blanket, the children's grandmother blamed God: "He took them all at once," she wailed.

The concept of God 'taking' people doesn't bring any consolation...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Not sure if this is allowed on here, but I am posting as I know we are all very concerned for the safety and well-being of our friends affected by the earthquake.

I follow an account on Instagram, w_italia_opera, and this is the post from yesterday, regarding the earthquake.

Al momento non risultano fratelli morti in questo brutto avvenimento! E' stata aperta la sala del regno di Rieti per accogliere i fratelli sfollati e per i primi soccorsi! La macchina operativa è già all'opera! Anche se hanno subito solo perdite materiali ognuno di noi può fare quello che ci dice l'apostolo paolo in 1 Tessalonicesi 5:17 questi fratelli al momento hanno bisogno di forza e pace mentale per affrontare questa brutta situazione

I fratelli a Rieti stanno tutti bene... E al momento si trovano tutti in Sala del Regno

Aldo Zamparelli, sorvegliante di circoscrizione che serve proprio nelle zone colpite dal terremoto, stamattina ha detto che nessuno dei fratelli risulta ferito né tantomeno disperso. Purtroppo alcuni fratelli hanno perso la casa e altri hanno subito alcuni danni materiali. La macchina dei soccorsi Teocratica si è attivata subito dopo l'evento.

Quick translation: At this time, no deaths among the brothers. The Kingdom Hall has been opened to accommodate the brothers left homeless and to provide first aid. The C.O. from the area reports that there are no brothers wounded, but they have lost everything they own.  1 Thess. 5:17

On 8/24/2016 at 10:07 PM, Tortuga said:

ACCUMOLI, Italy, Aug 24 (Reuters) - A powerful earthquake devastated a string of mountainous towns in central Italy on Wednesday, trapping residents under piles of rubble, killing at least 38 people and leaving thousands homeless. The quake struck in the early hours of the morning when most residents were asleep, razing homes and buckling roads in a cluster of communities some 140 km (85 miles) east of Rome. As rescue workers carried away the body of the infant, carefully covered by a small blanket, the children's grandmother blamed God: "He took them all at once," she wailed.

The concept of God 'taking' people doesn't bring any consolation...

that's our privilege - to enlighten them with the truth and give them hope for the future.

• 2 weeks later...

News article from Italy.

"Religion can save person’s life or it can lead them into the Kingdom of Heaven (earlier than anticipated)."

http://www.beppegrillo.it/en/2009/04/the_jehovahs_witnesses_and_the_1.html

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

A nice news in the middle of so much tragedy:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/dog-named-romeo-survives-devastating-italian-earthquake-article-1.2776956

Nine days after the earthquake, a family in Amatrice who went back to the ruins of their home to see if they could recover some of their belongings heard a faint bark coming form under the rubble. It was their dog Romeo! The dog was rescued and was immensely happy to meet his masters again. Somehow he managed to survive nine days buried in the wreckage and his health condition was quite good.

• 1 month later...
On 9/7/2016 at 11:16 AM, Old said:

News article from Italy.

"Religion can save person’s life or it can lead them into the Kingdom of Heaven (earlier than anticipated)."

http://www.beppegrillo.it/en/2009/04/the_jehovahs_witnesses_and_the_1.html

Any idea who issued the warning for the earthquake? Supposedly, it is impossible to predict earthquakes, and there is only 1 person that I know of who predicted the quake. He would love to know that his warning was heeded. Here is the video:

1 hour ago, Motherhen said:

Any idea who issued the warning for the earthquake? Supposedly, it is impossible to predict earthquakes, and there is only 1 person that I know of who predicted the quake. He would love to know that his warning was heeded. Here is the video:

That was interesting . What is that website?...he does make some sense,  following his presentation was fairly easy and informative.

I found it...Looks like I'll be reading for a little bit. ..lol 

Edited by tekmantwo

19 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Got a link Tim? Don't worry i see his channel.

I got caught up watching one of his videos,  the one from today is suggesting be on watch in Japan and West coast USA. 

The way he formats and the conclusions he draws from the data he assembles is kinda interesting.  He explains himself a bit quickly but if you follow his graphs and his visuals you can grasp what he's saying. 

I'm gonna go check my bugoutbag....again.

Here is his Facebook page. . I  don't get into all the conspiracy stuff he has but his quake forecast seems reasonable. ..

https://m.facebook.com/adeptoerperfectus

Interesting what he says about really deep earthquakes causing larger shallow earthquakes up to a thousand kilometers away, because there was a 6.6 in Indonesia last night that was 382 miles deep.

I'm glad I don't live within a thousand kilometers of Indramayu, Indonesia.Scared Run Away Run Away.gif

My earthquake prediction model works, too.  But, unlike this guy, I don't know why.

Over the years, I just happened to notice that, whenever there is an earthquake swarm in Greece, there is a very large earthquake in another part of the world within 24 to 48 hours.  

There was a swarm in Greece on October 15th and 16th and a 6.9 earthquake struck Papua New Guinea within 24 hours.:huh:

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

3 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Interesting what he says about really deep earthquakes causing larger shallow earthquakes up to a thousand kilometers away, because there was a 6.6 in Indonesia last night that was 382 miles deep.

I'm glad I don't live within a thousand kilometers of Indramayu, Indonesia.Scared Run Away Run Away.gif

My earthquake prediction model works, too.  But, unlike this guy, I don't know why.

Over the years, I just happened to notice that, whenever there is an earthquake swarm in Greece, there is a very large earthquake in another part of the world within 24 to 48 hours.  

There was a swarm in Greece on October 15th and 16th and a 6.9 earthquake struck Papua New Guinea within 24 hours.:huh:

He explains that.  He says that the pressure from deep quakes comes up and laterally while shallow quakes also transfer energy but at a greater distance.  

He mentioned 'silent ' areas,  the area in between tectonic plates and he shows how numerous smaller quakes add up to larger ones that hit in the silent zone. 

He does a fair job of explaining his technique, if you can listen that long...he tends to repeat himself,  uses different words to say the same thing.

That is an acceptable tactic if you are thinking your listener isn't getting it, it's a little annoying at other times.