JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Kentucky Fried Chicken secret revealed

Hopefully it will turn out good !  My sweetheart made ordinary chicken in a pressure cooker for my Father and his wife, and they both commented that it tasted just like KFC.

She didn't use anything special, no spices, but the pressure cooker seals in and gives the unique flavor. They are pricey, but much faster cooking times and uses much less oil.

spider-chicken.jpg     

And I thought you were joking Musky    :lol1:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kfc-going-court-dispel-rumors-gmo-spider-chickens-220248663.html?ref=gs

42 minutes ago, Musky said:

I read once that in the 60's KFC did a survey of which part of the chicken was the most popular. Drumsticks won. So they commissioned a genetics lab to develop a chicken with eight legs! The problem was they couldn't catch it.

That story has survived for years on just a wing and a fryer...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

47 minutes ago, Musky said:

I read once that in the 60's KFC did a survey of which part of the chicken was the most popular. Drumsticks won. So they commissioned a genetics lab to develop a chicken with eight legs! The problem was they couldn't catch it.

Good one !   :lol1:

But seriously I only and only eat hormone free chicken and non farmed salmon ...  It's getting more and more difficult to buy healthy food.

I like eggs but unlike chicken I've never seen hormone free eggs in the supermarkets, unless passing while driving the small farm and buying from them directly .  

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

3 minutes ago, Precision said:

Yeah with the 8 legs and the increased demand for Buffalo wings the scientists genetically modified the chickens with 8 wings. Seems they could fly further and run faster.   

In the mean time, the local consumers just bought 4 chickens...

:wave:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

11 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

In the mean time, the local consumers just bought 4 chickens...

:wave:

Image result for 8 legged chickens

Yeah the GMO steroidal chickens are meaner, bigger and full breasted, nothing like our grandparents were eating back in the 50's

Edited by Precision

34 minutes ago, Precision said:

Image result for 8 legged chickens

Yeah the GMO steroidal chickens are meaner, bigger and full breasted, nothing like our grandparents were eating back in the 50's

Nephlickens  :eek:

4 hours ago, Precision said:

My sweetheart made ordinary chicken in a pressure cooker for my Father and his wife,

Well, we do have a pressure cooker - I have just never used it for cooking in oil :chef:

2 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

It's getting more and more difficult to buy healthy food.

That is not a worry when you have your own chickens - only problem is, even when you have enough, the chickens just won't take any days off with those eggs.

As for fish (salmon is fish), I don't like fish much so I do not usually eat it - however, my wife likes fish ... she really likes catfish. So, when I want to get her fish, I don't worry about if it was "farm raised" since there are no farms in the lakes, rivers and oceans around here - yep, that's right .... to get my girls some fish, I pull 'em right out of the water :eek:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

2 hours ago, Precision said:

Yeah with the 8 legs and the increased demand for Buffalo wings the scientists genetically modified the chickens with 8 wings. Seems they could fly further and run faster.   

Who needs Airbus or Boeing... just buy EXTRA large chicken and fly away ..bon voyage :superman:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

Well, we do have a pressure cooker - I have just never used it for cooking in oil :chef:

That is not a worry when you have your own chickens - only problem is, even when you have enough, the chickens just won't take any days off with those eggs.

As for fish (salmon is fish), I don't like fish much so I do not usually eat it - however, my wife likes fish ... she really likes catfish. So, when I want to get her fish, I don't worry about if it was "farm raised" since there are no farms in the lakes, rivers and oceans around here - yep, that's right .... to get my girls some fish, I pull 'em right out of the water :eek:

O man! To get to the closest lake from my place I would need a space warp generator :wall:

We have a 5,850 acre spring fed lake right across the street and several more within 20 minutes drive.

A couple rivers within an  hours drive and the salt water is less than 2 hours east or west.

Hmmmmmmm ...... in your avatar it looks like water in the background. Doesn't Melbourne sit on Port Phillip Bay with direct access to the Bass Straight and the Tasman Sea with a vast amount of Ocean?

Anyway, back to the chicken .... maybe I will try something tonight - I'll have to see.

Speaking of chickens...

Our congregation had the privilege to provide a meal for the Pioneer School yesterday, the assigned menu was BBQ. The MS that coordinated the food doesn't have much experience with food service and he had each service group bring several chickens and racks of ribs....

There was a LOT of food left over so the brothers made sure all of the students and servers took some home...

17 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Nephlickens  :eek:

Oh my word Torture! You nailed it as usual! I was having a Tortuous Thursday and then I see your post and I'm laughing nonstop! Hey thanks my wonderful Brother!

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

7 hours ago, Qapla said:

We have a 5,850 acre spring fed lake right across the street and several more within 20 minutes drive.

A couple rivers within an  hours drive and the salt water is less than 2 hours east or west.

Hmmmmmmm ...... in your avatar it looks like water in the background. Doesn't Melbourne sit on Port Phillip Bay with direct access to the Bass Straight and the Tasman Sea with a vast amount of Ocean?

Anyway, back to the chicken .... maybe I will try something tonight - I'll have to see.

Dear Friend my avatar is from Maui Hawaii, Melbourne is a big city and "organize" a fishing is a big adventure :D

7 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Speaking of chickens...

Our congregation had the privilege to provide a meal for the Pioneer School yesterday, the assigned menu was BBQ. The MS that coordinated the food doesn't have much experience with food service and he had each service group bring several chickens and racks of ribs....

There was a LOT of food left over so the brothers made sure all of the students and servers took some home...

Malachi 3:10 in full force :superman:

Not so fast...seems that one of the worlds biggest trade secrets...the original Kentucky  Fried Chicken recipe, that the reporter  mentioned in the article is not  "The real thing".

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/the-colonels-secret-recipe-revealed-not-so-fast-says-kfc/ar-BBw67eI?li=BBnbfcL

No I soaked in buttermilk first then breaded it then pan-fried it but I did use that spice recipe