JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

October Broadcast

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2719 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

3 hours ago, Hope said:

Exactly so.  There are no doubt plenty of sisters who share his interests and would be delighted to have him.  It's important to be well-matched as a couple... they simply weren't well-matched.

Yes, he needs someone else who doesn't mind doing the dishes while he watches sports. Or someone who doesn't mind if he is more interested in sports them helping out his family around the house. :lol1: 

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

17 minutes ago, trottigy said:

Yes, he needs someone else who doesn't mind doing the dishes while he watches sports. Or someone who doesn't mind if he is more interested in sports them helping out his family around the house. :lol1: 

Or... someone who will watch sports with him and they both do them together after the game.  I know a fine sister who is a sports fanatic!  Season tix to baseball and football games... Shane might not be a terrible match for her.

What's desirable and un in potential mates are legion.

55 minutes ago, trottigy said:

Well, someone in the family needs to know the score...:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 2 weeks later...

Haha!  I was wondering if that was the same Gary Breaux ?!!  He was my mother's CO...he was very young at the time.  In fact, he wasn't even married.  Everybody loved him!  One of the swimming pool get-togethers, he was right in there w/the kids.  He loved to have fun! Not your average CO--don't mean anything bad by that..ya'll know what I mean. But then he was barely 30 yrs. old..still had a lot of kid in him-lol!  Always hated it when they had to go.  Growing up, if I remember correctly, a CO served a cong. at least 4 yrs.--or was it longer??  (just asking myself) ----------Nice to meet you Brother David :)---------

10 minutes ago, nanceebgd46 said:

The last time I looked...a C.O's appointment is for a three year period...he comes twice a year...six visits during their assignment..to each congregation in the circuit... I  think:huh:.

Sometimes it can be more or less. Our last CO was here for 4 years because he was close to retirement and wanted to stay in the area so they let stay for 4 years. Our new CO gets to stay for only 2 years..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D