I'm in Limited Access mode - How do I get Full Access?
16 16

114 posts in this topic

What is Limited Account Access Mode? 

There are 2 types of membership status here at JWTalk Forums: Full Access and Limited Access. 

When a new user registers to be a member of the forums, he is automatically registered as a Limited Access member. A few of features and privileges that Full Access members enjoy are not available to them. Of these, the most notable one is that any post they make is held in queue, a temporary waiting line, until a moderator has first read the post and approved it to be published to the board. Full Access members posts appear immediately on the board without moderator approval. There are a few other differences as well, but not many. 

The purpose of this, of course, is to prevent unqualified individuals (i.e. non-witnesses) from registering accounts and posting their thoughtless parroted gibberish to the forums. 

A Full Access member who continually violates the terms of the Forum Membership Policy may be placed in Limited Access Mode by a moderator to prevent him from freely posting offensive comments to the board. 

How can I obtain a Full Access membership at JWTalk? 

Wait patiently, and participate freely. The moderators will determine your eligibility after a you have been a member for a specific period of time and have made a specific number of posts to the Interchange Forum in order to establish some history with us. 

We will greatly reduce the number of posts required from you for consideration if you submit a photograph of yourself holding a current copy of Our Kingdom Ministry and Organized to do Jehovah’s Will. The date on the Kingdom Ministry must be clearly visible in your photograph. This photograph needs to be sent to...

adminemail.jpg

Please do not post your picture in a reply to this topic. 

Some individuals will take such a photo and make it their avatar picture. While that is nice, it still needs to be emailed to the administrator. The moderators do not necessarily read each and every post and may miss your photo or not realize your intent and desire to expedite your receiving a Full Access account. The email is the best way. 

Also keep in mind that submitting a photo is no guarantee of immediate approval. The email account is not always checked on a daily basis, plus some discussion among the moderators will have to take place yet. Really, just be patient and participate freely. Limited Access is not prohibiting you from posting and replying in any manner at all, except in the Forum Games forum because of the nature of the games in there. 

I was bad and I am sorry. How do I get my Full Access membership back? 

This is determined on a case by case basis.

Hi just would like to know if i really have to send a photo of me or can i send just one of the latest kingdom minsitry and organized book please

Hi just would like to know if i really have to send a photo of me or can i send just one of the latest kingdom ministry and organized book please

Yes, Helen - we really need a photo with you in it. Or you could just hang on and we will watch your posts in the interchange. Then, when we feel you are ready, we will grant full access.

Personally, I want to see the picture ;) :wave:

Hi just would like to know if i really have to send a photo of me or can i send just one of the latest kingdom minsitry and organized book please

You can hold it over your face if you want. I have had a few brothers and sisters do that too. I thought it was kinda funny the first time someone did that but I understand other's concerns over privacy.

cerebral ecstasy and EVE 2015 like this

Hi sorry for being a pain but how do i send the photo. I have took it from my webcam thats as far as i got:help:

Send it to us at ...

admin_email.png

If you use a different email address than you registered with here, make sure to let us know who you are.

Hello Bob,

I have the Org. book, the latest KM ,[May 2012], & a picture of me.I can read the titles, so I guess it is alright They are all together, & I am now holding them. Is this what I am supposed to send ?

I really do not know how to do this, & will take a chance with an attachment. I am not very good at sending things like this.

Pls advise.

Carol J.

Hello Bob,

I have the Org. book, the latest KM ,[May 2012], & a picture of me.I can read the titles, so I guess it is alright They are all together, & I am now holding them. Is this what I am supposed to send ?

I really do not know how to do this, & will take a chance with an attachment. I am not very good at sending things like this.

Pls advise.

Carol J.

Hey Carol, Yep that is is. Send it to the e-mail noted above as an attachment.

I just got the full acess, after some time using the forum.

But I still cant see what changed, what are the parts of the site I get acess being full acess?

The main difference is that when you make a post, it will not have to wait to appear in the forums until one of the moderators approves it. So there will be no delay. This allows you to participate in the various games in the Fun&Games forum.

Read the first post in this section again.

http://www.jwtalk.net/forum/read.php?19,50444

hi what does it mean to be edited Does it mean I have written something inappropiate, if so how do I know what it is so I don't do the same thing again.

hi what does it mean to be edited Does it mean I have written something inappropiate, if so how do I know what it is so I don't do the same thing again.

Typically, a moderator will note what the edit was, like: merging your thread with an existing or formatting. We often PM at first to keep from any embarrassment. If we forget, just PM the mod who made the edit and ask.

This is interesting to know. I do not post regularly, so I'm sure that is why I am limited. I will try to increase my posts.

Thank you.

april likes this

Just to clarify, everybody is limited when they apply and get approved to be a member. A full access account comes with time, or by employing the suggestion described above.

Bob, correct me if I am wrong, but I am sure many want to know. From what I understand, the time it takes to go from limited to full-access mainly has to do with how many posts they make. So it could take over a year if you almost never post, but just a few days if you post often. It took me a very short time, that's why I want to clarify.

Bob, correct me if I am wrong, but I am sure many want to know. From what I understand, the time it takes to go from limited to full-access mainly has to do with how many posts they make. So it could take over a year if you almost never post, but just a few days if you post often. It took me a very short time, that's why I want to clarify.

We just got tired of having to read your posts before approving them so we gave you full access before we all went crazy :laugh:

We just got tired of having to read your posts before approving them so we gave you full access before we all went crazy :laugh:

:lol1:

Yes, there is a combination of time and posts, but there is still a conversation that happens behind the scenes. We don't wish to disclose the exact numbers - or the conversations. :popcorn:

Post and have fun. You'll get "full-access" if you participate. Don't sweat the small stuff - and it is ALL small stuff (as it relates to this site :wave: )

witness likes this

This is not entirely correct. It has to do with whether the moderators are ever comfortable allowing you to post freely. However, I have the system programmed to send us a reminder after a minimum amount of posts plus a minimum amount of time since registration, just so we are sure not to be forgetful and leave someone out. The user is discussed in the moderators forum - nobody just takes it upon themselves to move a user out of moderation.

This is not entirely correct. It has to do with whether the moderators are ever comfortable allowing you to post freely. However, I have the system programmed to send us a reminder after a minimum amount of posts plus a minimum amount of time since registration, just so we are sure not to be forgetful and leave someone out. The user is discussed in the moderators forum - nobody just takes it upon themselves to move a user out of moderation.

Got it. I meant assuming the person behaved themselves, so it is based on time and post number.

To :borg: - thanks for the heads up! Mwahahaha! :devil2:

Thank you for guarding our precious spiritual paradise. Soon all this watchfulness will not be needed, but for now I appreciate it so much!

ivy likes this

Thank you for guarding our precious spiritual paradise. Soon all this watchfulness will not be needed, but for now I appreciate it so much!

I agree with Sharon, thanks for all you all do here.:squeeze: