JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW.org - Hearing on Threat to Close Witnesses’ Headquarters in Russia Adjourned Again

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2719 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

New amendments to the Federal Law on Freedom of Conscience and on Religious Associations entered into force on July 20, 2016. Time will tell how Russian authorities apply the new regulations to the religious activity of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

17 hours ago, Tortuga said:

New amendments to the Federal Law on Freedom of Conscience and on Religious Associations entered into force on July 20, 2016. Time will tell how Russian authorities apply the new regulations to the religious activity of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

We were told to be very careful in service, not to carry any publications except the Bible and better to haveit  not in the NWT but the orthodox one....  Waiting...

23 hours ago, shali said:

Jehovah is running things , I have no doubt.

I must be misreading this. I thought Satan was the God of this world. What things is Jehovah running?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

3 hours ago, Old said:

I must be misreading this. I thought Satan was the God of this world. What things is Jehovah running?

His Kingdom / organisation?

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

13 hours ago, campanula said:

We were told to be very careful in service, not to carry any publications except the Bible and better to haveit  not in the NWT but the orthodox one....  Waiting...

Have the brothers and sisters managed to attend or watch in some other format the "Remain loyal to Jehovah" convention where you are? I pray that you have or will somehow?

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

11 hours ago, MentalProject said:

Have the brothers and sisters managed to attend or watch in some other format the "Remain loyal to Jehovah" convention where you are? I pray that you have or will somehow?

Yes, theiy have managed it. . :) We will watch it  canned  i.e. recorded in the beginning of August, if we'll still have our Kingdom Hall. .

1 hour ago, campanula said:

Yes, theiy have managed it. . :) We will watch it  canned  i.e. recorded in the beginning of August, if we'll still have our Kingdom Hall. .

Have those who have watched it already said anything about it?

It is one of those assembly's that even if you have to watch it off a memory stick around a brothers laptop then it is worth the time and effort undoubtedly.

Glad to hear you will get to watch it more freely than I even imagined. I would love to hear how you all feel about it after you have watched it. "Food at the right time" is an understatement. My prayers have mentioned how much I hope you friends get to watch it. It made me feel like Jehovah is looking after you and preparing us who have less persecution.

See what you think.

• 1 month later...
On 24 July 2016 at 6:32 PM, campanula said:

Hi Svetlana :wave:, how did you find the assembly? What did the brothers and Sisters think of it? Would love to hear from you about it!

40 minutes ago, shali said:

We need to remember, that whatever happens is Jehovah's will -even if it looks bad. ...

Do you feel the same way about our brothers imprisoned in Eritreaor Korea, that it happens because it is Jehovah's will? :confused:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

28 minutes ago, Old said:

Do you feel the same way about our brothers imprisoned in Eritreaor Korea, that it happens because it is Jehovah's will? :confused:

Yes. If it  was Jehovah's will that they be freed at this time then they would be.  Their steadfastness despite such grievious conditions  makes a loud and clear answer to Satan's taunts, also fulfilling Jehovah's will. Just as our brothers were exiled in Siberia and the word spread to all those there, I feel that was Jehovah's will as well, despite the difficult and harsh conditions. They are a great source od encouragement and strength to the rest of the brotherhood too, especially for those of us whomhave never been through such things. Others in these prisons are hearing the good news because of the faith and integrity of these ones who normally would not have contact with Jehovah's Witnesses. How many times have countries banned us, and although it seemed bad, we came out with bigger numbers than before the ban?! Because people want to know why we stay faithful to our God despite the ill conditions suffered. If that doesn't  accomplish God's will that all hear the good news, I don't know what does?!!

Like Imsaid, it may seem bad but Jehovah allows what seems bad to happen because it accomplishes his will in a way no mere human can foresee.

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

30 minutes ago, shali said:

Yes. If it  was Jehovah's will that they be freed at this time then they would be.  Their steadfastness despite such grievious conditions  makes a loud and clear answer to Satan's taunts, also fulfilling Jehovah's will. Just as our brothers were exiled in Siberia and the word spread to all those there, I feel that was Jehovah's will as well, despite the difficult and harsh conditions. They are a great source od encouragement and strength to the rest of the brotherhood too, especially for those of us whomhave never been through such things. Others in these prisons are hearing the good news because of the faith and integrity of these ones who normally would not have contact with Jehovah's Witnesses. How many times have countries banned us, and although it seemed bad, we came out with bigger numbers than before the ban?! Because people want to know why we stay faithful to our God despite the ill conditions suffered. If that doesn't  accomplish God's will that all hear the good news, I don't know what does?!!

Like Imsaid, it may seem bad but Jehovah allows what seems bad to happen because it accomplishes his will in a way no mere human can foresee.

I was under the impression that Satan is the god of this world. So if a good witness comes from a dictatorial court case that opposes and hurts Jehovah’s people it is Jehovah’s will? On the same line of thinking when a child of JW parents dies and that case makes headlines, which incidentally provides the basis for a good witness, that it is Jehovah’s will?  That goings on in concentration camps was Jehovah’s will? All the above provide a basis for a good witness.

Give whole new meaning to “let you will be done…”

I cannot agree with your conclusion that what ever happens to our brothers is Jehovah’s will just because he didn’t prevent it? Earthquakes, tidal waves, floods, tornados, perhaps even war. :(

3 minutes ago, Old said:

I was under the impression that Satan is the god of this world. So if a good witness comes from a dictatorial court case that opposes and hurts Jehovah’s people it is Jehovah’s will? On the same line of thinking when a child of JW parents dies and that case makes headlines, which incidentally provides the basis for a good witness, that it is Jehovah’s will?  That goings on in concentration camps was Jehovah’s will? All the above provide a basis for a good witness.

Give whole new meaning to “let you will be done…”

I cannot agree with your conclusion that what ever happens to our brothers is Jehovah’s will just because he didn’t prevent it? Earthquakes, tidal waves, floods, tornados, perhaps even war. :(

Didn't we hear something just like what you are saying in the September broadcast too?

Every now and again the media of Satan's world will say something good about us, but don't let them make us too happy.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

2 hours ago, Old said:

I cannot agree with your conclusion that what ever happens to our brothers is Jehovah’s will just because he didn’t prevent it? Earthquakes, tidal waves, floods, tornados, perhaps even war.

That's fine.  I don't think I asked anyone to agree with me.

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

It's interesting to watch the outworking of world events in the light of the issue of Jehovah's soverignty! It is Jehovah's will and purpose that he sanctify his name, and there is no trial that any of us has or will face that Jehovah cannot meet that  need. Jehovah allows Satan's attacks, because of the universal challenge to his Soverignty.

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Sister Brigette I can't get my head around this idea you put forth regarding our brothers being imprisoned is Jehovah's will, his wish, his desire. If that is so why is our legal department using every legal means possible to get this issue resolved through the various judicial systems. They would be working contrary to Jehovah's will/desire. We know it is Jehovah's purpose that all these inequities will come to an end with the end of this system of things, that is his will. That Jehovah has the power to prevent a young child from being killed by a drunk driver is readily acknowledged, but the fact that he does not use that power at this time does not indicate that it is his will/desire that the event was allowed.

“And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.” Mt 24:14 This is his will. That many die or are imprisoned trying to carry out his will is because that is what Satan  wills or desires. That we should remain faithful through these conditions is Jehovah's desires and he provides his spirit to give us the strength needed.

That our brothers are facing tribulation in Russia at this time is not Jehovah's will but that of Satan. The fact that they remain faithful through past and current tribulation is Jehovah's will, and his expressed desire will be done, if not on a personal level at least on an organizational level. Jehovah's will will be proved true.
The way the Russian court decides the issue may be in line with his will, or it may not. Either way it isn't happening because of his will, because it is not his court. There is nothing to indicate that He or his Son are involved at that level. What we have been promised is the "Helper". 

Our brothers are imprisoned not due to Jehovah's will. They are striving to do his will and are imprisoned for that stand. Maintaining faith under trial is Jehovah's will for imperfect man.