JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2017 Annual Meeting

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2756 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Has anyone heard any news about the announcements at the 2017 annual meeting? What's the 2017 year text?

Please forgive my excitement here; there's only one thing I can count on to not change and that is: Jehovah will continue to change and refine the organization.

7 minutes ago, Kable said:

Has anyone heard any news about the announcements at the 2017 annual meeting? What's the 2017 year text?

Please forgive my excitement here; there's only one thing I can count on to not change and that is: Jehovah will continue to change and refine the organization.

They are posting updates in this topic

Oooohhhh! Did I miss a year? Is this October 2017 already?

Okay, Kaleb, I came from Toronto too originally. Maybe you're just faster than the rest of Canada. As Michael mentioned, there's another topic on today's Annual Meeting.

We'll have to continue this discussion some other day.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

29 minutes ago, Jonathan77 said:

Time to start speculating on what may be said at the next AM. :) 

Let me cover the bases:

2018 Yeartext, Revelation book, Ezekiel book, KOTN, Sofia and Caleb new (long) video, NWT in other languages (Spanish, please), and the importants ones:

BBQ and Beards.

Let me cover the bases:

2018 Yeartext, Revelation book, Ezekiel book, KOTN, Sofia and Caleb new (long) video, NWT in other languages (Spanish, please), and the importants ones:

BBQ and Beards.

I don't know about beards or BBQs, but the translators are working hard to complete Spanish bibles. It will be released asap. I'm sure not even they can wait to hand it to you. The Revelation book is long overdue, I admit. And perhaps we could shine a clearer light on Ezekiel's prophecy as well...

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Just now, Kable said:

Lol! That sadly went over my head the first time :P

It's an old joke about the monthly broadcast, we noticed there was a BBQ scene in almost every broadcast so now we look for it...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, richietj77 said:

Let me cover the bases:

BBQ and Beards.

And revisions on the Isaiah book and that we can eat meat in the New System. ..with beards. ...

in the buff, 

at a BBQ,

with beer,

and baseball. ...:scared:

2 minutes ago, DRCole said:

Did I hear correct ?

Psalms 37:3 is the year text?

No, that is the yeartext for 2017. We have to wait another year to find out the year text for 2018. :)

EDIT: Sorry to joke around Dennis, seeing that you're new here. Yes, you heard that right. 2017 year text is Psalm 37:3: "Trust in Jehovah and do what is good."

Edited by Sheep

better manners

And revisions on the Isaiah book and that we can eat meat in the New System. ..with beards. ...
in the buff, 
at a BBQ,
with beer,
and baseball. ...:scared:
Beer - yes, BBQ - of course, meat - possibly perhaps, but...
Why would anyone play baseball outside the US?

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

25 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Why would anyone play baseball outside the US?

A fair question, I ask it myself when I think of cricket or soccer. ...just, why?:D..

I mean, I understand about soccer,  all that running is definitely good aerobic exercise. ..but,it's not really a game because there is hardly ever any score. ..

But that other one, crocket, er, crochet,  um, sorry,  cricket....who even understands that?..it's a bit of a sticky wicket, innit?....

:poke::lol1:

A fair question, I ask it myself when I think of cricket or soccer. ...just, why?default_biggrin.png..

I mean, I understand about soccer,  all that running is definitely good aerobic exercise. ..but,it's not really a game because there is hardly ever any score. ..

But that other one, crocket, er, crochet,  um, sorry,  cricket....who even understands that?..it's a bit of a sticky wicket, innit?....

:poke::lol1:

Don't get me started on golf. Or samba football. Tennis is a silly sport too. It hurts my eyes. But if you don't have to look it's a fine sport, really. I mean, who does not like running around smacking small green balls that come flying towards you at impossible speeds? The only good thing about watching is the possibility of the ball boy (or girl) getting hit.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

3 hours ago, Thesauron said:

Don't get me started on golf. Or samba football. Tennis is a silly sport too. It hurts my eyes. But if you don't have to look it's a fine sport, really. I mean, who does not like running around smacking small green balls that come flying towards you at impossible speeds? The only good thing about watching is the possibility of the ball boy (or girl) getting hit.

Y'know, I think we're gonna be good friends. ...

Like Brothers,  kinda like....

3 hours ago, Thesauron said:

Oh, can you play anything? Have you tried ping pong?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

We don't want to post spoilers here in the open publicly visible forums. We have a dedicated speculation and spoilers topic over in our members only forum, with actual updates starting on page 17, here....

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/26682-annual-meeting-2016-speculation-ideas/?page=17

Dedicated spoilers topics are necessary, because many brothers and sisters like to wait until information is dispensed to them in the traditional manner, through official channels. As such, I am locking this topic.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2756 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.