JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Songbook: "Sing Out Joyfully" to Jehovah

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2386 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, Skye said:

As mentioned in an earlier post, we are already using the screen to sing, and we play the videos using VLC. This week we used the screen 4 times, and guess what always showed before the video started playing....

vlc.png

Once we found out that in January we will be using JW on screen lyrics, we stopped using the lyrics we had in our computer.

Other congregations in our hall continue to use the current videos.

Problem is that current videos have colored backgrounds and  bigger colored fonts.  Plus each song might have a different color scheme.

Beginning in January, all songs are grey background and smaller black font.  I wonder if the friends will compare because they are used to colors and bigger fonts.

57 minutes ago, Jmystro said:

Beginning in January, all songs are grey background and smaller black font.  I wonder if the friends will compare because they are used to colors and bigger fonts.

Actually, the SJJ video fonts aren't that small. I don't know about TV screens but we use a projector and the font is large enough to read from the back.

Only boo-boo for me (e.g. with song 151 this week), the lyrics appear a second too late after the music has already started.

4 hours ago, Ivine said:

The new songbook will be avalaible in Portuguese to be sung starting from May, 29!

pt.PNG

In the German Watchtower we had the same thing starting with January 2017.
But now the new song numbers are gone and the old ones are back.
I hope Portugal has more luck.

Once we found out that in January we will be using JW on screen lyrics, we stopped using the lyrics we had in our computer.

Other congregations in our hall continue to use the current videos.

Problem is that current videos have colored backgrounds and  bigger colored fonts.  Plus each song might have a different color scheme.

We got black and white fonts from the beginning. I wonder how the color fonts would look!

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

On 23/12/2016 at 10:06 PM, dvds said:

Would it be the reason for the special meeting in January?? :D

I thought exctly it! Anyway, I don't think we're gonna pick our new songbooks in this special meeting as happened with revised NWT in 2015 'cause 6 months until we really could sing it's so much time!

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor governments nor things now here nor things to come now powers nor height nor depth nor any other creation will be able to separate us from God's love that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:38,39

3 hours ago, mserskine said:

I think Low German was in one of the monthly broadcast experiences...I'll need to find it...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Our WT conductor reminded the cong that we don't start using the new song book until Monday 1/2/17 but we don't know if the speaker on Sunday 1/1/17 will pick a song from the new song book or old song book, so he recommended that we bring both song books on Sunday.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

57 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Our WT conductor reminded the cong that we don't start using the new song book until Monday 1/2/17 but we don't know if the speaker on Sunday 1/1/17 will pick a song from the new song book or old song book, so he recommended that we bring both song books on Sunday.

The songs for the WT that week (31 Dec / 1 Jan) are from the current songbook. The new songbook  should be used from 2 January 2017, not beforehand.

22 minutes ago, marcusth said:

The songs for the WT that week (31 Dec / 1 Jan) are from the current songbook. The new songbook  should be used from 2 January 2017, not beforehand.

Exactly, yet as the WT conductor pointed out, we don't know if the visiting speaker will use an old song or new song...

4 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Exactly, yet as the WT conductor pointed out, we don't know if the visiting speaker will use an old song or new song...

Some of our recent public talk givers have used the new songs.  What is the difference between passing a printout around or singing the new song right from the new songbook?^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

5 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Some of our recent public talk givers have used the new songs.  What is the difference between passing a printout around or singing the new song right from the new songbook?^_^

Since all of the song numbers will be different, it could pose a real problem for the Sound brother, the digital media player should be using the old song numbers that day. If the speaker uses a new song, the media player may not be set up for it yet. Otherwise, the suggestion was that the cong bring both songbooks just in case.

Edited by Tortuga

11 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

"New Songs" added to the current songbook are still the common or current versions.  When we sing any songs from our "New Songbook" they will have new numbers and may be a little changed in words or music.  Or they me changed a lot or even completely redone so as to be unrecognizable.  So there may be a significant difference between the old and new.  A simple printout would not suffice if the melody has changed.  The KH sound computer can only play the vesion that is loaded into the memory. at that moment.  We should all follow the directions given by our organization and all will be well.

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

"New Songs" added to the current songbook are still the common or current versions.  When we sing any songs from our "New Songbook" they will have new numbers and may be a little changed in words or music.  Or they me changed a lot or even completely redone so as to be unrecognizable.  So there may be a significant difference between the old and new.  A simple printout would not suffice if the melody has changed.  The KH sound computer can only play the vesion that is loaded into the memory. at that moment.  We should all follow the directions given by our organization and all will be well.

Sorry for the confusion, on my part.  To me, 136 to 155 were the new songs.  We have been using printouts of those for older ones who don't have electronic devices.

If you are referring to the redone old songs as the new songs, none of our public talk givers have picked any of them...yet.^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

19 hours ago, mserskine said:

Anyone knows if in those languages, the countries who use them are getting the songbooks? They are having special meetings? I'm so anxious for the brazilian portuguese release.

3 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Sorry for the confusion, on my part.  To me, 136 to 155 were the new songs.  We have been using printouts of those for older ones who don't have electronic devices.

If you are referring to the redone old songs as the new songs, none of our public talk givers have picked any of them...yet.^_^

I have the Sunday talk on Jan 8.  It will be the first public talk at our hall that uses the new songbook.  I have already found the new number in the new book and notified the sound dept.  They plan on installing the new songs with lyrics on the monitors on that afternoon of Sunday Jan 1 (so they will be ready for our midweek meeting on Thursday Jan 5).