JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Songbook: "Sing Out Joyfully" to Jehovah

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2413 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

20 hours ago, dvds said:

Anyone knows if in those languages, the countries who use them are getting the songbooks? They are having special meetings? I'm so anxious for the brazilian portuguese release.

Brother Daniel, the special meeting we will have is scheduled annually on the occasion of the visit of the representatives of the world headquarters.

It's not a meeting because of the release of the new songbook. Although this may happen.

We received our new songbooks in our most recent literature shipment. They are bound just like the Bible - same color and cover. Only thing is, they only have 151 songs in them.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

During the first week of using the new song books, I'm going to visit my brother at his CA. I wonder what they're going to do with the songs. Are they just gonna use the same songs with the new numbers? It'll be confusing when using the printed programs.

We received our new songbooks in our most recent literature shipment. They are bound just like the Bible - same color and cover. Only thing is, they only have 151 songs in them.

Ministry Ideaz has covers for them with gray edging just like our beautiful gray bible!

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

On ‎27‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 1:55 AM, jwhess said:

They plan on installing the new songs with lyrics on the monitors on that afternoon of Sunday Jan 1 (so they will be ready for our midweek meeting on Thursday Jan 5).

There is no need to wait till the last minute to install the new soundbox software (version 3.1.0.50).

Soundbox will prompt you to select the songbook (either sing to Jehovah or sing out joyfully(new) ) to use when soundbox is started up. So we can continue to use the old songbook with the updated soundbox software until Jan 2, 2017.

6 hours ago, Qapla said:

That's alright dear. We all have 151 songs because that's all the songs meant for the sjj.

There's a lengthy discussion somewhere where many have analyzed the changes to lyrics, melody and what 3 songs never made the cut.

13 hours ago, walkr2 said:

Ministry Ideaz has covers for them with gray edging just like our beautiful gray bible!

Not sure why I would want a cover for the Songbook, especially since it already matches the New Bible. Most of the time the new Songbook will stay home since I use the tablet at the meetings.

We only got 1 (large print) for the family - don't plan on getting a "personal" copy for "daily" use.

6 hours ago, mserskine said:

Also noticed by downloading some that some languages don't have as many songs as the english do. I wonder why?

Edited by mserskine

Not sure why I would want a cover for the Songbook, especially since it already matches the New Bible. Most of the time the new Songbook will stay home since I use the tablet at the meetings.

We only got 1 (large print) for the family - don't plan on getting a "personal" copy for "daily" use.

It's a clear cover, just the edging is gray. I use them to keep my Bible and Songbook nice and clean! It's a preference not a necessity!

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

I see .....

For me, if I do not use it much it will stay clean by default - however, over the years, it would not have mattered if  used a clear (or any other color) cover, using the book(s) wears on the pages and I end up replacing it anyway - having a cover does not give the inside any longer life ...... but that could just be me

The songbook (or at least part of it) is now up to 15 languages

https://www.jw.org/download/?output=html&pub=sjj&fileformat=EPUB%2CMOBI%2CPDF%2CRTF%2CBRL&alllangs=

Amharic

Bassa (Cameroon)

Boulou

Chuvash

Douala

English

Kikuyu

Kirghiz

Krio

Latvian

Lithuanian

Low German

Ossetian

Pidgin (Cameroon)

Tahitian

Is this just me?

In the JW app, under meetings (change the date to a date after Jan 1), I noticed that when you click the songs linked for next week's meeting (first weekly meeting for January), the number and song correspond to the NEW SJJ songs.  However, the attached picture is still the Sing to Jehovah song book.  

Just a little confusing.

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

Yes, the picture of the songbook on the meetings page has not been updated - however, the picture on the media page (the link to media in the upper right) is the new one.

Since we sing the songs from the link and the words ..... no need to be confused

Edited by Qapla

13 minutes ago, jwhess said:

The cover picture for the new Bible Teach book (bh) is still done in yellow (not gray).  It has been this way since the beginning.  Some things take time.

JWLibrary has a gray cover on my Ipad ? I must not understand your point.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Is this just me?

In the JW app, under meetings (change the date to a date after Jan 1), I noticed that when you click the songs linked for next week's meeting (first weekly meeting for January), the number and song correspond to the NEW SJJ songs.  However, the attached picture is still the Sing to Jehovah song book.  

Just a little confusing.

Agreed! Let's see if a new update "fixes" that.

12 minutes ago, Old said:

JWLibrary has a gray cover on my Ipad ? I must not understand your point.

Under "publications" the Bible teach book has a 'thumbnail' picture of the book.  When the Bible Teach book had a "yellow" cover (in English), the picture in the publications section was yellow.  Now that the Bible Teach book has a gray cover, the publications section still shows the yellow picture.  The gray picture is the "Bible Can Teach" book (bhs).  I just thought that since the book now had a gray cover the picture would change to match.  Maybe it is because other languages still use a "yellow" cover on their editions (that have not been updated).

Under "publications" the Bible teach book has a 'thumbnail' picture of the book.  When the Bible Teach book had a "yellow" cover (in English), the picture in the publications section was yellow.  Now that the Bible Teach book has a gray cover, the publications section still shows the yellow picture.  The gray picture is the "Bible Can Teach" book (bhs).  I just thought that since the book now had a gray cover the picture would change to match.  Maybe it is because other languages still use a "yellow" cover on their editions (that have not been updated).

This is cover after selecting thumbnail then title:
a116e9a6eb2294060a8b5aba1211cdaf.jpg