JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Songbook: "Sing Out Joyfully" to Jehovah

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2413 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

31 minutes ago, Araujo JW said:

Today we had here in Brazil our special meeting with two representatives from the world headquarters. And it was announced the released of the new songbook in Portuguese, first available in digital format. Already available.

:bouncing::dance:

https://www.jw.org/download/?output=html&pub=sjj&fileformat=EPUB%2CMOBI%2CPDF%2CRTF%2CBRL&alllangs=

Who was this two representatives?

Today we had here in Brazil our special meeting with two representatives from the world headquarters. And it was announced the released of the new songbook in Portuguese, first available in digital format. Already available.

:bouncing::dance:

https://www.jw.org/download/?output=html&pub=sjj&fileformat=EPUB%2CMOBI%2CPDF%2CRTF%2CBRL&alllangs=

Boas notícias!
Have you noted changes?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, carlos said:

Yes, here in Spain we have a special visit by a GB representative on March 26.

Interesting. Seeing that the Spanish songbook was accidentally released online and began printing this month. The children's "Reaching Out" video is labeled as song 84 in the download file in Spanish. If the next study edition WT that's released in spanish has the new numbers, the new songbook could be announced at that meeting. Or the meeting could simply be a branch visit.

It's interesting to how different it is the Portuguese version from English version of the new songbook. Still I didn't see all the songs but I think ALL the songs has some changes. While the song 'He Will Make Your Strong' didn't had any changes in English version, in Portuguese this same song has the title changed and some slight others changes.

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor governments nor things now here nor things to come now powers nor height nor depth nor any other creation will be able to separate us from God's love that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:38,39

2 hours ago, Ivine said:

It's interesting to how different it is the Portuguese version from English version of the new songbook. Still I didn't see all the songs but I think ALL the songs has some changes. While the song 'He Will Make Your Strong' didn't had any changes in English version, in Portuguese this same song has the title changed and some slight others changes.

Do you have 151 songs or are there less?

On 1/22/2017 at 10:06 PM, dvds said:

The representatives were Donald Gordon and Lorence Shepp

I've heard talks from Brother Shepp before. Such a good speaker. Did he use an interpreter? I know he speaks Spanish very well but I don't know if he speaks Portuguese.

Yesterday I took some time to follow the lyrics of various songs, and really, practically all of these have very, very significant changes. The lyrics are much more personal, easy to sing, in a simpler language, maybe even a little more poetic. I'm loving the new lyrics! sjjyls_T_md_zpsvfzf1pwo.jpg?t=1485167299 :wub:

4 minutes ago, MM9106 said:

I've heard talks from Brother Shepp before. Such a good speaker. Did he use an interpreter? I know he speaks Spanish very well but I don't know if he speaks Portuguese.

Yes, he is an excellent speaker and delivered a speech on the theme: "Everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved". He did it in English with an interpreter. He began speaking in Portuguese, transmitting the Christian love of the brothers of Peru, but the rest was done with an interpreter.

• 1 month later...

This songbook is now available to download in Spanish for the benefit of our Spanish-singing brothers and sisters.

https://www.jw.org/download/?output=html&pub=sjj&fileformat=JWPUB%2CMOBI%2CPDF%2CRTF%2CTXT%2CBRL%2CBES&alllangs=0&langwritten=S&txtCMSLang=S&isBible=0
____
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."—Matthew 6:21.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

We got our songbooks :backflip:

However ... Our delivery was made early than planned.  And brothers from the another congregation decided that rather than inform me - the literature co-ordinator - they will just open the boxes and hand out the songbooks themselves.  They took more songbooks than they ordered, leaving my congregation short X(.  Organisation!!

Thankfully many of the brothers have been understanding, and some are willing to wait another 2 months as I re-order some more.

I think that in general this a problem of men.  If our sisters were doing the jobs assigned to the servants, they would follow the instructions to the letter, and not take over another person's assignment or responsibilities without asking first.

2 hours ago, Thesauron said:

This songbook is now available to download in Spanish for the benefit of our Spanish-singing brothers and sisters.

https://www.jw.org/download/?output=html&pub=sjj&fileformat=JWPUB%2CMOBI%2CPDF%2CRTF%2CTXT%2CBRL%2CBES&alllangs=0&langwritten=S&txtCMSLang=S&isBible=0
____

Great! Just downloaded the JWPUB and PDF formats. Hopefully it's official this time. Haha. It was on the website in mid January then taken down. We're gonna need it for the convention.

Edited by MM9106

Orchestral recordings for this songbook in Spanish - https://www.jw.org/download/?output=html&pub=sjjm&fileformat=MP3%2CAAC&alllangs=0&langwritten=S&txtCMSLang=S&isBible=0

____

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

These are the video files (MP4) for use at the meetings in Spanish - https://www.jw.org/download/?output=html&pub=sjjm&fileformat=MP4%2CAAC&alllangs=0&langwritten=S&txtCMSLang=S&isBible=0

____

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

39 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

I find it interesting that the orchestral recordings were not immediately published in all "languages", after all, instrumental music is not in any language.

17 minutes ago, Skye said:

I find it interesting that the orchestral recordings were not immediately published in all "languages", after all, instrumental music is not in any language.

That is true.  The only differences is the tags - song titles, the album name etc.  are changed for each language.   Even the cover art is the same with the new songbook.