JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Songbook: "Sing Out Joyfully" to Jehovah

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2409 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

6 minutes ago, jomaix said:

hahaha true. Now is D instead of the lower A (Sorry if the letters are not the correct ones, but in Spanish we still use "Do" and "La" instead of letters for notation and I've been having a hard time switching to letters LOL)

You are correct, sir (tu)

I just had a listen and I was sincerely hoping that the midi-style arrangements that were recorded with cheesy sounding virtual instruments would have only been a short term solution until they recorded all songs with the Orchestra but it doesn't seem so .. dont want to be ungrateful but my ears are bleeding..lol

(only some of them were recorded that way)

9 minutes ago, thegreenjudy said:

I just had a listen and I was sincerely hoping that the midi-style arrangements that were recorded with cheesy sounding virtual instruments would have only been a short term solution until they recorded all songs with the Orchestra but it doesn't seem so .. dont want to be ungrateful but my ears are bleeding..lol

oh I might have to retract that - I think they did replace them within the last 20 mins 

11 minutes ago, thegreenjudy said:

I agree. But probably next year they'll re-record it with the real Orchestra.

18 minutes ago, Samira said:

Btw......WT Study edition January 2017 is online!!!

..and it has its own thread, how cool!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Song 1 (previously song 1) has had a slight melody change, and hence some lyrics have changed. It also explains the little mixup with arrangements earlier this year.

Song 2 (previously song 138) now has full piano arrangements, which is lovely.

Song 3 (152) is not changed, but has full piano arrangements.

Song 4 (22) has been a favourite of many, but these new lyrics are so beautiful. First verse starts with "Jehovah God is my Shepherd; I’ll follow where he will lead." and last verse starts with "Jehovah, you are my Shepherd; I follow where you will lead."

Song 5 (110) has had some slight adjustments to the lyrics.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”